IGNORED

Hull Last Night - Great Respect

MarcusX

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it but would like to make a point about the Hull fans. Fantastic last night, and a lot of the "hatred" or maybe jealousy I had towards Hull for the play off final has now gone.

There was a little bit of banter during the game from their fans but with only 2 of us actually making any effort to sing we couldn't really "fight" back.

At the end of the game their fans to the left of us stayed behind, clapped us all, sang Bristol City and then Loyal Supporters. One of those really touching moments in football that made a long boring journey all worth it

As we walked out the ground their fans were held back behind a gate, all the hull fans that were waiting clapped us as we walked out, and again sang loyal supporters etc.

Was also made very welcome in the pub after and was amazed how many people wanted to shake our hands and talk to us.

Thanks also to the guys that stopped us by the entrance and gave us free tickets!

All in all a rather drab away game, but certainly not the worst iv been on.

never felt any animosity towards hull after the PO final, it was a fair game and their goal was a worthy winner

their "mauled by the tigers" chant is cringe worthy though :D

Haha I saw a video on Youtube of that when they played away to Arsenal, the comments were hilarious. Particular highlight was "that's gayer than 2 men bumming". haha

never felt any animosity towards hull after the PO final, it was a fair game and their goal was a worthy winner

their "mauled by the tigers" chant is cringe worthy though :D

We had a terrible run in with some over jubilant Hull fans after the game that severely ruined my opinions of them!

I thought that all the Hull fans I encountered were great before and after the playoff final. Nothing at all bad to say about them as a club or their supporters.

Same here. I remember being on the tube with a load of them after the game and was struck by how reserved they were. No singing or celebrating. I think a lot of them were still trying to take it all in.

Same here. I remember being on the tube with a load of them after the game and was struck by how reserved they were. No singing or celebrating. I think a lot of them were still trying to take it all in.

I bumped into one of them (literally) at the National Gallery. Both of us were backing away to admire the Turners and a minor collision took place. Amazingly, neither of us dropped to the floor and rolled about as if we were shot ;)

Well done to the team for getting a point last night as they could have just lets their heads drop and think what's the point, seeing as we are already relegated. This result shows that surely there is some positivity in the team and this bodes well for next season. It will be tough next season but hopefully we can keep some of the better players, who knows?

Well done to the team for getting a point last night as they could have just lets their heads drop and think what's the point, seeing as we are already relegated. This result shows that surely there is some positivity in the team and this bodes well for next season. It will be tough next season but hopefully we can keep some of the better players, who knows?

It sounded like a battling performance on the radio. Makes you wonder why we haven't had more of them this season, especially away from home. Still, any positivity is most welcome at the moment!

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it but would like to make a point about the Hull fans. Fantastic last night, and a lot of the "hatred" or maybe jealousy I had towards Hull for the play off final has now gone.

There was a little bit of banter during the game from their fans but with only 2 of us actually making any effort to sing we couldn't really "fight" back.

At the end of the game their fans to the left of us stayed behind, clapped us all, sang Bristol City and then Loyal Supporters. One of those really touching moments in football that made a long boring journey all worth it

As we walked out the ground their fans were held back behind a gate, all the hull fans that were waiting clapped us as we walked out, and again sang loyal supporters etc.

Was also made very welcome in the pub after and was amazed how many people wanted to shake our hands and talk to us.

Thanks also to the guys that stopped us by the entrance and gave us free tickets!

All in all a rather drab away game, but certainly not the worst iv been on.

Agree wholeheartedly. I enjoyed being at the game immensely last night (despite it being a drab 0-0) and after all the rubbish that has gone before it was good to see us holding our own. The respect from the Hull fans was unexpected and heartwarming.

Lots of singing on the Tube I took, but all good-natured and throughout that day and my party spent more of the run-up chatting to Hull fans than we did to our fellow reds!

Got a lot of time for them, so hope they stay on course for promotion and leave the bitter, plastic cockernees of Croydon seething. Would like Brighton to win the play-offs. Decent fans, well thought out new stadium and support for our efforts to do the same.

A bit different to the last time I went to Hull in League One that day was more like World War 3 although that was largely down to the following from Bristol...still fair one to those who travelled.

Yes I remember that day, was it when the City lot went up in a fleet of Limos or am I imagining that happened?

Fair play to hull. Last time I went the away end got locked in after the game and the city fans broke out the ground. Helicopters hovering above and missiles being hurled. Well done to those who travelled last night. Any videos of them singing loyal supporters?

Il check my footage, by the time I got my phone out they'd stopped and then didnt expect it out by the gates, again by time I got phone out they'd been let through

Obviously wasn't there, but on Sky sounded like a labrary. Thinking ,I'm sure if we were in that position (and we have been) it would have been ,shall we say "a bit" noisier !

Iv just watched some of it back on sky plus and you can clearly hear them singing through-out the first half. I think it did die down a little as we got into the game

We went over the fly over to try and find a parking space and a car load of hull lads flagged us down and directed us to a spot where we could park and then get out quickly after the game. Superb fans. Marcus, was that you and your mate sat behind the goal on your own? you were having a laugh with the hull fans to your right?

We went over the fly over to try and find a parking space and a car load of hull lads flagged us down and directed us to a spot where we could park and then get out quickly after the game. Superb fans. Marcus, was that you and your mate sat behind the goal on your own? you were having a laugh with the hull fans to your right?

No mate I was at the back with the Mrs, the lad who kept singing all the way through was directly behind me. Joined in with him a few times but it was a bit pointless!

Agree wholeheartedly. I enjoyed being at the game immensely last night (despite it being a drab 0-0) and after all the rubbish that has gone before it was good to see us holding our own. The respect from the Hull fans was unexpected and heartwarming.

real club,real fans.wish em all the best for next season and its good to see them get back up.many a club i wouldent be saying that about..

To be fair to all clubs the vast majority of fans are decent folk. The reason why some may exclaim otherwise is because you do not often hear the sensible majority but always the mindless few.

I suspect we have all had interesting or memorable experiences, good and bad, at away grounds down the years, I know I have. Sitting in the away end with the Millwall was very enjoyable, less so feeling somewhat out of my comfort zone when Elm Park erupted into a riot. But to those that generalise who would think the Reading fans are bad people and the Millwall are good?

I got on a tube to Wembley full of Hull fans, I was greeted with a friendly jeer then a few young'uns started taunting me with a song, which I thought was fine, no problem. A few of the older fans came down on them like a ton of bricks, telling them to show more respect. It made me laugh as I was all for a bit of banter but they didn't think it was appropriate as I was on my own. Nice bunch.

Archived