IGNORED

Ask A R*verzzz Fan This Today......

BS4 on Tour...

.....what happened 36 years ago today??

1,2,3,4,5 - 6,7,8,9 TOTTENHAM!!!!

Spurs 9 Gas 0.......oh what a joyous day that was!!

And it was on Match of the Day in the days when they only showed about three games!!

Ex-City Colin Lee scored 4 on his debut for Spurs, Ian Moores got a hatrick and Glenn Hoddle and Peter Taylor completed the absolute rout!

Always had a soft spot for Spurs after this great occasion!

Wahey! Something to smile about this week!!

That's odd, I was just remembering this match last night for some reason. I can remember as a very excited 13 year old going to see City v Arsenal that day. As someone who lived in deepest West Somerset, I found it odd that everyone was in such a good mood as we had lost and Rovers had been hammered, I was naive enough to think a Btistolian would support a fellow Bristol team over some Cockneys. I soon learnt. If my memory serves correct, that was the game where Liam Brady gave one of the greatest individual performances seen at the Gate in my time.

Not wishing to be pedantic :mellow: but I'm pretty sure the Brady game was in October 79, we lost 0-1, probably the best individual performance of any player I've ever seen at the gate.
No you could well be right mate. Come to think of if, he was pretty special in all the games against us. I didn't see the first season games when we did the double over them. I can't tell you how good it felt writing that last sentence.

Colin Lee lived in Bristol still at the time of that match. He stated in the Green Un that it was great fun driving down the M4 seeing all the Rovers fans travelling back looking anything but happy.

played football in the same side as colins brothers (francis and mike) mike was a monster center forward and franny was a more skillfull player than colin.

he would tell you that himself. sadly franny died last year,aged 57 i believe.

.....what happened 36 years ago today??

1,2,3,4,5 - 6,7,8,9 TOTTENHAM!!!!

Spurs 9 Gas 0.......oh what a joyous day that was!!

And it was on Match of the Day in the days when they only showed about three games!!

Ex-City Colin Lee scored 4 on his debut for Spurs, Ian Moores got a hatrick and Glenn Hoddle and Peter Taylor completed the absolute rout!

Always had a soft spot for Spurs after this great occasion!

Wahey! Something to smile about this week!!

I was there! taken to my first 'big club game' by me godfather who was a Spurs nut and he thought it was Rovers I followed, as my godmother told him it was one of they Bristol lot :D

Archived