IGNORED

2013/2014 Kit Discussion

Fuber

The UNAM style kit could work, Instead of having a bear on the front have a Robin, And have it Red and White, Or have a Robin in a dark red line printing on the front of the kit,

Or Like Barcas kit this season have a Red kit with a white stripe down the middle,

Or We could go completely unique and have Red front and back White sleeves and shoulders with a slim white line across the chest, White Shorts and Red socks with. white at the top.

I wasn't sure about the adidas being in the middle but I had an idea so I mocked it up and made it on FIFA 13, thoughts?

cPlwSQX.png

how do you make kits on fifa 13, mate? is it something that can be done on a ps3 during the season, so you dont always use the same kits?

how do you make kits on fifa 13, mate? is it something that can be done on a ps3 during the season, so you dont always use the same kits?

I make kits on FIFA 13 but only on the PC, to put them onto the console you'd need a hacked xbox or PS3 and you'd have to modify the disk to use them, it's not worth the time or effort and it's illegal to hack the consoles.

We need to get back to basics with our kit and nothing over the top. Originally I thought the black on this seasons shirt looked quite smart but I've come to dislike it. We should stick to the red and white of old. Fancy looking numbers etc fine but no ridiculous patterns on the shirt please.

With regards to the away kit, I loved the white DAS sponsored away kit with the red ad white stripe across it. That was a quality looking away kit.

Agree on the old away kit with the stripes, that was lovely

I think this might be next years template...

600 × 600 - bigsoccer.com

Utterly Vile

I e-mailed the club about the kit a while back and was advised that they'd be going for a red with white kit, very "classic". This leads me to conclude that this year's black and red abhorrence will be consigned to history and that the decision's already been made (probably by Adidas) on the next kit.

Personally, I really like that MK Dons kit and hope when the Adidas contract runs out we go with one of the 'smaller' suppliers, as they tend to come up with some nicer stuff and more unique.

Agree on the old away kit with the stripes, that was lovely

Utterly Vile

I e-mailed the club about the kit a while back and was advised that they'd be going for a red with white kit, very "classic". This leads me to conclude that this year's black and red abhorrence will be consigned to history and that the decision's already been made (probably by Adidas) on the next kit.

Personally, I really like that MK Dons kit and hope when the Adidas contract runs out we go with one of the 'smaller' suppliers, as they tend to come up with some nicer stuff and more unique.

There are lots of smaller suppliers out there that would offers us more options, suplliers like below:

Canterbury

Carlotti

Champion

Diadora

Hummel

Joma

Kappa

Le Cog Sportif

Legea

Lotto

Marcron

Mitre

Under Armour

Vandanel

Xara

To name a few.

There are lots of smaller suppliers out there that would offers us more options, suplliers like below:

Canterbury

Carlotti

Champion

Diadora

Hummel

Joma

Kappa

Le Cog Sportif

Legea

Lotto

Marcron

Mitre

Under Armour

Vandanel

Xara

To name a few.

I don't think any of these will offer more options, if anything they would offer less due to the nature of how football kits are supplied these days. Small clubs get the option of one of the templates the provider has, only the bigger clubs are given more time and attention. Going with any of the names you mentioned isn't going to get us more options, it'll just give us a smaller selection of designs to choose from.

To take a few names:

Kappa - Always have their logo splashed on the shoulders or some oddity design feature, far uglier than most Adidas designs.

Le Cog Sportif - Did Evertons home kit in 09/10, was very similar to Adidas' V-neck design posted on here:

everton-retro-le-coq-sportif.jpg

Also use nasty bright pink colours and other colour clashing options.

The only one of those names I actually agree with is Lotto and that's because they kept things simple, but that's something Adidas could easily do if the club requested it.

I don't think Adidas are the problem, I think whoever makes the decision on which template to use is. I can't imagine the club has no say in that but obviously when it comes to kits you cannot please everyone, hell in fact it seems no matter what kit we have our fans are always 50/50 on it.

Christ on a bike! Looks like a baby's bib on him. Not knocking your effort here, but come on!

edit: Love the robin though!!

I haven't designed the kit, just literally put the logos and sponsor on, someone suggested it may be what we get, my curiosity of how it would look encouraged me to make it. I have my own design for a Bristol City home kit but I've kept it to myself :laugh:

If that were the home kit for next season then I actually think I prefer the home kit for this season! Never thought I could be saying that when this season's was released.

On the note of other less known suppliers, I would be very interested in seeing what Canterbury could do for a football kit, well respected for making rugby kits and make a lot of top teams kits.

If that were the home kit for next season then I actually think I prefer the home kit for this season! Never thought I could be saying that when this season's was released.

On the note of other less known suppliers, I would be very interested in seeing what Canterbury could do for a football kit, well respected for making rugby kits and make a lot of top teams kits.

Canterbury did Portsmouth in their prem years. Had some financial problems I believe (Canterbury that is)

What confuses me is what fans actually want... I mean some say they want something different, some say they want classic Bristol City but I'm yet to see someone say "I want to see something like this" and give decent examples.

Simply put if you can show a design that everyone agrees on I'd be very surprised as it seems everyone wants different things.

I honestly don't mind the kit so long as it's red, preferably with white shorts but I have a feeling even if they club did a plain red shirt with plain white shorts people would call it "boring" and if they went with something a little different you'd have others saying they didn't like it for numerous reasons.

Archived