IGNORED

2013/2014 Kit Discussion

Fuber

What confuses me is what fans actually want... I mean some say they want something different, some say they want classic Bristol City but I'm yet to see someone say "I want to see something like this" and give decent examples.

Simply put if you can show a design that everyone agrees on I'd be very surprised as it seems everyone wants different things.

I honestly don't mind the kit so long as it's red, preferably with white shorts but I have a feeling even if they club did a plain red shirt with plain white shorts people would call it "boring" and if they went with something a little different you'd have others saying they didn't like it for numerous reasons.

It's clear a lot of fans want traditions kept. Red shirts white shorts,red socks use of old images and above all BCFC to stop ******* around with everything. That feeling is pretty clear amongst city support or at least a section of them. them. Since the Tesco kit the gas have retained their shirt. Gas are blue city are red. City are entering a new era and with a traditional shirt city could be saying no more cheap gimmicks and treating fans like mugs.

nice but Bayern Munich probably get their own shirts designed

:laugh: yes they do, not least because Adidas own something like 10% of the club!

I'd settle for a replica of Bayern's kit this season, though. A replica of their form would be even more welcome...if only

It's clear a lot of fans want traditions kept. Red shirts white shorts,red socks use of old images and above all BCFC to stop ******* around with everything. That feeling is pretty clear amongst city support or at least a section of them. them. Since the Tesco kit the gas have retained their shirt. Gas are blue city are red. City are entering a new era and with a traditional shirt city could be saying no more cheap gimmicks and treating fans like mugs.

I'd like to think this is true but I'm still yet to see someone post something that everyone agrees on. My point is what you think the majority consider traditional may not be considered traditional by others. I bet if we were given a choice of 8 different kits all done by an artists opinion of what is "traditional" to Bristol City fans there would be a spread amongst which design they would choose.

My point is everyone agrees that they want something else but no-one can find a kit the vast majority would all agree on because personal opinion/taste varies so greatly.

I honestly think if we announce our kit tomorrow there will be a large number of "oh I like it"'s and also a large number of "I'm disappointed"'s or "It's vile"'s.

I'd like to think this is true but I'm still yet to see someone post something that everyone agrees on. My point is what you think the majority consider traditional may not be considered traditional by others. I bet if we were given a choice of 8 different kits all done by an artists opinion of what is "traditional" to Bristol City fans there would be a spread amongst which design they would choose.

My point is everyone agrees that they want something else but no-one can find a kit the vast majority would all agree on because personal opinion/taste varies so greatly.

I honestly think if we announce our kit tomorrow there will be a large number of "oh I like it"'s and also a large number of "I'm disappointed"'s or "It's vile"'s.

This seasons kit was really disliked even a bit of pisstake because it didnt even look like BCFC. There is clearly a big feeling amongst city fans for tradition. Tradition could be the biog selling point and unilkely to offend anybody. Having eight different traditional kits wouldnt leave people scratching their heads like the star trek shirt it did.

This seasons kit was really disliked even a bit of pisstake because it didnt even look like BCFC. There is clearly a big feeling amongst city fans for tradition. Tradition could be the biog selling point and unilkely to offend anybody. Having eight different traditional kits wouldnt leave people scratching their heads like the star trek shirt it did.

but again, what is tradition?! Yes red shirt, white shorts, red socks but there are tons of designs that fall under that category that everyone would still moan and complain about and even say they are not traditional. This is my point, show me a kit that we'll all agree on... I can't see it happening and if I'm honest had we done great this season I'd have liked the kit a whole lot more, I actually have very little issue with it.

I'd obviously much prefer a red and white shirt but I also think it's nice to break from the norm, look at Southampton:

This season:

article-2168763-13ECCFEA000005DC-763_306

Traditional style:

Southampton%2BFC%2Bhome.png

Now I prefer their traditional style but my mate who is a Southampton fan loves this season kit and said it was nice to see a change.

My point is a nice kit is a nice kit but if we're looking for a plain red shirt, white shorts and red socks each season it's going to get boring fast and as long as we're in prodomentaly red I'm not going to be unhappy... unless of course we go and do something cheap and tacky looking like Man Utd's tartan crap this season.

Archived