IGNORED

Anyone Not Renewing Their Season Ticket?

Severncider

Where does he say that?

I've heard him say that the culture/dna of the club will change and the style of play will become possession based, but I've not heard what you state.

he said it on the the interview after the game

Oh my dad was a staunch city fan, even though he was a meader. H just despised the way football was going. He stopped going about 4 years ago. My mum on the other hand... well doesn't like football, but would support palarse if she did!

My late father enjoyed wasting his money on horse racing - the so called sport of Kings.

Heard a rumour yesterday that the club are going to offer 5% reductions on next year ST.

I hope the 'fans parliment' have some balls and say it should be at least 10%.

I just dont believe that 5% reduction will get that many renewing/buying especially after seeing that shower yesterday.

If the fans at this club want the Board to pay any real attention to them I suggest keeping your hands in your pockets until you see what they are offering next season.

If they had to rely more on POTD they'd do more to ensure that the Ashton Gate experience was entertaining...

If the fans at this club want the Board to pay any real attention to them I suggest keeping your hands in your pockets until you see what they are offering next season.

If they had to rely more on POTD they'd do more to ensure that the Ashton Gate expereince was entertaining...

+1

The POTD prices are where they need to look. Stop fannying around with phase prices, the prices need to be about 20% more than season tickets are, regardless if you buy them a month in advance or on the day. The supply and demand scenario doesn't work unless we are top of the league and regularly sell out, there is no demand, I hope they take note.

The POTD prices are where they need to look. Stop fannying around with phase prices, the prices need to be about 20% more than season tickets are, regardless if you buy them a month in advance or on the day. The supply and demand scenario doesn't work unless we are top of the league and regularly sell out, there is no demand, I hope they take note.

What gives you the impression that ANY of them are listening? They've probably got their spreadsheets out already. They'll be working out how much more income they'll get if they bump the prices up by another 5%.

You're right a number of season ticket holders around me have said they're not renewing but will pick & choose.

If city make POTD affordable it could be a decent bit if income for them, if they don't then people simply won't bother.

I have decided to show the club the same loyalty as they have shown to their recent managers. I haven't been down since they sacked McInnes despite being a season ticket holder, I haven't heard anything from the club that has encouraged me to change my mind.

You're right a number of season ticket holders around me have said they're not renewing but will pick & choose.

If city make POTD affordable it could be a decent bit if income for them, if they don't then people simply won't bother.

"La la la. we've got our fingers in our ears - we're not listening!"

Have been saying all season why are the club doing this phased price scenario. As said before live in Manchester and my lad plays football Saturday mornings, so can't decide till the day if we can make it, also my other half is a nurse and sometimes due to staffing gets a call night before asking can she work.

So this means I can't decide till the day if I can go and how many. Why should I be penalised sometimes as much as £12 per ticket because I can't decide till the day.

There is 2 adults and 2 children who would go, so your looking at about £80 a game clubs losing out on. If its 10 games we don't make that's £800, if this is the same for others how much is club losing out on.

Know of people who live in bristol who play football Saturdays and find out Saturday morning there games off, decide not to go to city due to the price jump. Just seems to me the club don't care about the fans and see us as a cash cow to help pay for the executives lifestyles and the players cars.

If the club actually looked at the outside world and saw people were struggling to make ends meet they might come round with reasonable prices, but that would mean people up top not having a new car and they can't have that.

What makes me laugh is I get calls from the club asking will you go on Saturday to watch, they just don't understand that living in Manchester it costs a lot in fuel so most of my games are away games. All I get from the club is well why support other teams financially when you could watch us at home. Don't get your looking at £50 fuel every game, just get told you should support. Till the club, it's executives, players and staff get there heads out of the clouds and realise times are hard we won't see a price drop.

What gives you the impression that ANY of them are listening? They've probably got their spreadsheets out already. They'll be working out how much more income they'll get if they bump the prices up by another 5%.

I hear that you may be somewhat of the older generation so perhaps you may be the best one to ask. :mf_sleep:

When did POTD become so out of touch with season ticket prices? I always remember season tickets being better value than POTD, but POTD if I recall correctly, used to be more in line with season ticket prices years ago.

I hear that you may be somewhat of the older generation so perhaps you may be the best one to ask. :mf_sleep:

When did POTD become so out of touch with season ticket prices? I always remember season tickets being better value than POTD, but POTD if I recall correctly, used to be more in line with season ticket prices years ago.

Season tickets used to work out about 20% cheaper IIRC (which may not be the case), but the bonus was first call on cup tickets (remember when we used to win cup games? -no, prolly before your time :( )

But then it was 20% off a much cheaper ticket, so it wasn't so critical. What is new is the huge difference between advance and potd. OK, it is the same on the trains and that's a bloody pain, too. Essentially, you either pay through the nose on the day and get ripped off or you pay in advance, discover you can't make it, and get ripped off that way. Never mind, it all goes to players who really care about the club :grr:

To generalise, it all goes down to the culture of pure greed created by Thatcher and nurtured by Blair :(

On the basis of yesterday's "performance" there is barely a single complaint on this forum that I can bring myself to argue with - it is hard to believe that things will not get worse before they get better!

The truly shocking truth is that in 2011-12 season tickets and matchday revenue contributed just £3.4M to the cost of running Bristol City whereas overall expenditure amounted to more than £27M - Funding the operation was made up of:

1. supporters: 12.5%
  2. other income: 31%
  3. SL's loans: 56.5%

Ignoring all other costs - the supporters contributed just 20% of the players' wage bill!

Although few seemed concerned about this trend when we were competing on the park and in the transfer market it has been obvious for 4-5 years that this could not continue unabated. It also accounts for a feeling that the club has been taken from us.

Now we find ourselves:

1. relegated with an inevitable adverse impact on other income of £2M+; and
  2. subject to the SCMP preventing us from signing players we cannot afford on the basis of our benefactor's wealth

Even starting from where we were we could not reasonably expect a 70% cut in the wage bill to be delivered in two years without an adverse impact on an already inadequate performance. DMcI was right on this (although only in hindsight) if nothing else.

In these circumstances neither SL nor the Board will have any scope to improve the product (or even maintain the current standard!) unless the season ticket and matchday revenue holds up.

If, as the content of this forum indicates and frankly on yesterday's showing the club deserves, the season ticket revenue fails to reach the Board's expectation we will be faced with a transfer embargo in August.

Consequently, although any rational analysis might lead a supporter to the conclude he/she should be doing something else on a Saturday afternoon - unless we support the club now (putting our long list of grievances aside) there might be little left to support in a year from now.

In a proper market the withdrawal of custom because of poor product must always lead either to improvement of product OR replacement by an alternative better provider - in the case of our football club neither of these outcomes are possible - the SCMP will prevent improvement in the absence of revenue AND as far as I know a supporter cannot simply switch our allegiance to another club (if only).

Sadly it seems the club has failed to make adequate preparations for the coming storm but starving the club cannot help.

i will,, fot the same reasons i buy a lottery ticket .

you don't expect anything . back ........

but one day, ......... maybe, ........... perhaps

Support is an investment and not a reward

There are no promises we will get our money's worth - in fact there is a rational expectation that we will not - but we can be certain we will get nothing if we do not support

We will renew our season tickets,.in what ever division we are in.

Players, management and directors ( but Steve Lansdown must stay ) come and go but us supporters are

here for life or they should be.

Doesn't matter how the team plays , we will never walk out until the final whistle and we will not boo our

players but clap them off and shout out encourgement for their next game.

We are looking forward to next season and to see our young academy players play.

COME ON YOU REDS

Heard a rumour yesterday that the club are going to offer 5% reductions on next year ST.

I hope the 'fans parliment' have some balls and say it should be at least 10%.

I just dont believe that 5% reduction will get that many renewing/buying especially after seeing that shower yesterday.

Now that was a shower, worst performance of the season.

On the basis of yesterday's "performance" there is barely a single complaint on this forum that I can bring myself to argue with - it is hard to believe that things will not get worse before they get better!

The truly shocking truth is that in 2011-12 season tickets and matchday revenue contributed just £3.4M to the cost of running Bristol City whereas overall expenditure amounted to more than £27M - Funding the operation was made up of:

1. supporters: 12.5%
  2. other income: 31%
  3. SL's loans: 56.5%

Ignoring all other costs - the supporters contributed just 20% of the players' wage bill!

Although few seemed concerned about this trend when we were competing on the park and in the transfer market it has been obvious for 4-5 years that this could not continue unabated. It also accounts for a feeling that the club has been taken from us.

Now we find ourselves:

1. relegated with an inevitable adverse impact on other income of £2M+; and
  2. subject to the SCMP preventing us from signing players we cannot afford on the basis of our benefactor's wealth

As ever Timbo you have cut to the point.

But here's the question every City supporter has to ask themselves. To what extent does my family budget have to subsidise the poor decisions of a billionaire financier? Cos whatever we think of SL as a man, and on the occasions I've met he's been a pleasure to talk with, he's been in charge of the finances of our club for over a decade.

In the financial year in question the answer in our household was..."not much". I think we collectively attended 2 matches - the cheap ones - and spent less than £50. In previous years we'd have spent four figure sums. What your analysis and our return on the expenditure leaves me thinking is "thank heavens he wasn't spending my money"

Of course, by choosing not to buy a set of STs for the family I know I'm making life hard for the Board. But the reality of the figures above is that they have made life hard for themselves. If they can't get us out of the mess they have created we'll all suffer. The major shareholder will wave goodbye to any vague hope of getting a return on investment and the current Board will lose whatever they hoped to gain in reputation by stepping up to take on their roles. But I'm certain that the fans investing their more limited disposable income and their time and energy will suffer most.

Having said that the supporters are the real club...we could walk over the road and rebuild it in the park if needs be. Others have done so.

In the meantime we'll be sitting around the kitchen table deciding whether to sign up for STs when the prices are announced...and I'm pretty certain we'll decide against and POTD if and when it looks as though the club are offering something worth a hundred mile round trip.

If enough people are thinking that way the Board should be thinking more actively about how to make the club and POTD more attractive.

As ever Timbo you have cut to the point.

But here's the question every City supporter has to ask themselves. To what extent does my family budget have to subsidise the poor decisions of a billionaire financier? Cos whatever we think of SL as a man, and on the occasions I've met he's been a pleasure to talk with, he's been in charge of the finances of our club for over a decade.

In the financial year in question the answer in our household was..."not much". I think we collectively attended 2 matches - the cheap ones - and spent less than £50. In previous years we'd have spent four figure sums. What your analysis and our return on the expenditure leaves me thinking is "thank heavens he wasn't spending my money"

Of course, by choosing not to buy a set of STs for the family I know I'm making life hard for the Board. But the reality of the figures above is that they have made life hard for themselves. If they can't get us out of the mess they have created we'll all suffer. The major shareholder will wave goodbye to any vague hope of getting a return on investment and the current Board will lose whatever they hoped to gain in reputation by stepping up to take on their roles. But I'm certain that the fans investing their more limited disposable income and their time and energy will suffer most.

Having said that the supporters are the real club...we could walk over the road and rebuild it in the park if needs be. Others have done so.

In the meantime we'll be sitting around the kitchen table deciding whether to sign up for STs when the prices are announced...and I'm pretty certain we'll decide against and POTD if and when it looks as though the club are offering something worth a hundred mile round trip.

If enough people are thinking that way the Board should be thinking more actively about how to make the club and POTD more attractive.

Well said, sir!

Archived