IGNORED

Summer Signing Rumours

potbelly

Big part of our huge turnaround , hope he doesnt sign for you as i think he'd do a great job.

said he loved it at the gas and would sign if higher up clubs dont comebut he hopes to play in championship/league1

There's the 'Irish' connection between O'Driscoll and O'Toole as well. How come he's not wanted at COLU?

Just looked in to it and he does seem rather injury prone, which could be why he has slipped down the leagues

Cruciate 9 months in 2010

Groin Problems since

Hasnt played a 'full' season since 2009-10

Could be a gamble then. Still, he was one of the main factors for Rovers resurgance from their escape to the non league and the gas fans I spoke too said he was far too good for that division. Might be a good shout on a 6month/ one year deal?

Could be a gamble then. Still, he was one of the main factors for Rovers resurgance from their escape to the non league and the gas fans I spoke too said he was far too good for that division. Might be a good shout on a 6month/ one year deal?

think he will be looking for a 2 yr deal, minimum unless he stays over towards essex as will have to move his family,

Can see him going to someone like Gillingham

think he will be looking for a 2 yr deal, minimum unless he stays over towards essex as will have to move his family,

Can see him going to someone like Gillingham

What type of midfileder is he mate? If he can pass a ball he will be an improvement.

Big part of our huge turnaround , hope he doesnt sign for you as i think he'd do a great job.

said he loved it at the gas and would sign if higher up clubs dont comebut he hopes to play in championship/league1

I'm sure he didn't mean that seriously, just the sort of empty words a loan player with no apparent future at his parent club feels obliged to say.

He's just keeping his option with Rovers open as an absolute last resort if no better club (and there are a hell of a lot of them) is interested.

O'Toole would be very disappointed to end up back at Rovers because it would mean consigning his immediate footballing future to a tedious club with little hope of progression.

A sickeningly dire prospect for him and one he'll happily dismiss in an instant if there's any truth about Bristol City being interested. :city:

What type of midfileder is he mate? If he can pass a ball he will be an improvement.

Ward signed him so have a guess, a bloke who simply runs about a lot.....

Pass a ball? Ward's idea of a Championship midfielder was Carl Hutchings, need I say more?

good passer of the ball, likes to get forward, has a eye for goal but also a good and strong tackler as well, looked a class above L2 TBH

a good all round footballer , nothing too showy

Strange one is JJ O'Toole came through at Watford aged about 17, scored a goal vs us on Telly iirc, Then kinda frittered around a bit not really doing alot

Sounds perfect for us, may struggle to get in the first team, or reserves for that matter. There's a lot of competition for the frittering around not really doing a lot role in midfield role.

Pass a ball? Ward's idea of a Championship midfielder was Carl Hutchings, need I say more?

I thought Hutchings was alright or is my memory fading? He seemed to have a great work rate and did find a nice telling pass quite often. He was also good in the dressing room as I recall; good motivator and all that. Bit of a precursor to Scotty albeit not as good granted.

I thought Hutchings was alright or is my memory fading? He seemed to have a great work rate and did find a nice telling pass quite often. He was also good in the dressing room as I recall; good motivator and all that. Bit of a precursor to Scotty albeit not as good granted.

You're not wrong. He was alright, worked hard, broke up play whilst and got up and down a bit.

Trouble is, that type of player isn't trendy is he? There seems a belief on here from some people that we don't need players like that (hence the divided opinions over Elliott). I'd love to see a nice organised City team that plays simple. Positive dare i say direct, football.

We'd like to think every player signed is the new Iniesta or Xavi but it against gonna happen. We need our share of grafters and breakers to be successful in L1, or Champ, for that matter. Luckily, I reckon SOD gets that and will try to get a blend of passers and robust physical types.

I swear, though, before close season is out someone will refer to us as the Barcelona of League 1!!!

Graham is on about ward in the Championship, not ward at l1. A completely different kettle of fish.

Ward might have made more of a fist of survival if he'd not had a chairman signing players while he was on holiday and generally meddling in team affairs

For some reason I though Pulis signed him - youre probably right.

Anyway I wouldn't have thought Carl as-I-understand-it-multimillionaire-now Hutchings is too bothered what any of us think of him.

http://www.eliteinvestments.co.uk/lifestyle/aboutus.html

as far as I can remember he was proper shite, real powderpuff stuff in the middle, didn't like a tackle if he could help it, it was Ivan who gave the midfield some metal back then, he really put a shift in, as soon as he had that injury I knew we were doomed to the drop.

as far as I can remember he was proper shite, real powderpuff stuff in the middle, didn't like a tackle if he could help it, it was Ivan who gave the midfield some metal back then, he really put a shift in, as soon as he had that injury I knew we were doomed to the drop.

Yes. Sideshow Bob was a part of the Brentford defence that got relegated to the 4th division that season. So John "tactical genius" Ward bought him to go in our midfield, where he rushed around a lot and didn't achieve too much.

You're not wrong. He was alright, worked hard, broke up play whilst and got up and down a bit.

Trouble is, that type of player isn't trendy is he? There seems a belief on here from some people that we don't need players like that (hence the divided opinions over Elliott). I'd love to see a nice organised City team that plays simple. Positive dare i say direct, football.

We'd like to think every player signed is the new Iniesta or Xavi but it against gonna happen. We need our share of grafters and breakers to be successful in L1, or Champ, for that matter. Luckily, I reckon SOD gets that and will try to get a blend of passers and robust physical types.

I swear, though, before close season is out someone will refer to us as the Barcelona of League 1!!!

I remember him being bloody awful. To be fair I would have been about ten so my memory is perhaps not the best.

Archived