IGNORED

Summer Signing Rumours

potbelly

I do, that's one of his only faults though. He is very composed on the ball and will bring the ball out of defence more than he'll wack it long into a channel.

I know we won't get perfect players, but part of me would rather concede occasionally through trying to play what I would consider the 'right way' than have a defence who play percentages all the time.

Danny Shittu epitomises the percentage game for me, and it's ugly and counter productive to our attacking play. I'm a firm believer in everyone in the team being able to defend (hence my lack of time for Pitman when he was here) and likewise I feel defenders should be able to contribute to our attacking play by retaining possession more often than not.

Like I say, I don't expect perfect players at all. I would be more willing to forgive mistakes if the intention was sound than say this season where not only has Faultaine been bad at defending but also cost us a lot with his aimless punts and clearances.

That's just how I want to watch football though, I understand why it's like this I'm England. It would take an awful lot for the game to change so that percentage football wasn't slightly more effective over here than the pretty stuff. A complete culture change doesn't happen over night but I'm hoping under SOD we can become one of the flag bearers like Swansea, Donny, Arsenal, crewe, Liverpool and Wigan.

Haha, I love a hidden joke in an otherwise well thought out post! :clap:

I assumed you meant drôle as in funny. Drôle is french for funny

He meant droll as in droll, the English equivalent for the French word drole, and taken from that French word.

Are you suggesting he spelt it wrong? and should have used the French version instead of the English version? If you are, that is a bit weird seeing we are English!

Just saying like!

He meant droll as in droll, the English equivalent for the French word drole, and taken from that French word.

Are you suggesting he spelt it wrong? and should have used the French version instead of the English version? If you are, that is a bit weird seeing we are English!

Just saying like!

I never knew that, just looked it up and I stand corrected. Always thought it was an adopted word, just without the hat. My apologies havanatopia :ill:

Archived