IGNORED

My Team For Charlton

Superjack

Dont want to undermine anyone on here, but does anyone actually know if any of these youngsters that people are saying should be played are any good?, i have not seen them personally, but when i have seen the likes of Reid there has been nothing that has stood out as someone who will be one for the future.

I also refer to our awful track record in recent times of developing quality young players, and am just interested to know why so many of you are raving about this current crop?, can you give me an insight into what their like?

Dont want to undermine anyone on here, but does anyone actually know if any of these youngsters that people are saying should be played are any good?, i have not seen them personally, but when i have seen the likes of Reid there has been nothing that has stood out as someone who will be one for the future.

I also refer to our awful track record in recent times of developing quality young players, and am just interested to know why so many of you are raving about this current crop?, can you give me an insight into what their like?

Bryan is clearly way ahead of anyone else, physically, mentally and talent wise, and pulled up a few trees in his loan at Plymouth. Burns has shown enough promise to be worth an end of season game. Ajala did some decent things in League 2 at Wimbledon and is worth a place on the bench. Reid is the one who has yet to really show a great deal in my view. The rest are not good enough to be stuck into a Championship team, even in a meaningless end of season game, based on U21 games I have seen.

To me, first team spots have to be EARNED by young players to give them the right attitude moving forward. Handing them a spot when they have done nothing of note to earn it is not going to help them in the long run.

This entire thread has been a bit of piss taking, even Noggers and I, who have never agreed on anything have had a bit of good natured banter on here.

At least you get noticed, eh?

Fair enough. Maybe I'm just bitter and twisted cos I didn't get into the "team"!! That said I'm quite happy see out my OTIB contract picking up the money!!!

Fair enough. Maybe I'm just bitter and twisted cos I didn't get into the "team"!! That said I'm quite happy see out my OTIB contract picking up the money!!!

It could be worse, My career is now ruined because of the bitterness of a relic manager who has swanned in a stolen my thunder.

I will leave for a nominal fee and go to a team at a lower level to prove my goalscoring capabilities. Whether I can perform as well when my team replace Noggers' next season is up for debate... I hope I haven't found my level.

It could be worse, My career is now ruined because of the bitterness of a relic manager who has swanned in a stolen my thunder.

I will leave for a nominal fee and go to a team at a lower level to prove my goalscoring capabilities. Whether I can perform as well when my team replace Noggers' next season is up for debate... I hope I haven't found my level.

Even the 50% paycut doesn't bother me. I'm in it for the long haul, whether selected or not. I'm a right "Nicky Hunt"!

1. The mousey blonde who flips burgers behind the Atyeo

2. Elsie who cleans the sh*tters

3. O'Driscoll's gardener

4. The fat bloke who washes Heaton's car

5. That ciderhead who p*sses his jeans in Vassells Park

6. Radio Bristol's listener

7. Stephen Pearson's salsa instructor

8. I can't think of any more

I have seen James Wilson be absolutely solid for our team at times when noone else has, seen him have some great performances. shame he has not been given a run of games because I do believe with a run of them he would show himself to be consistently what he was like in those games.

Dont want to undermine anyone on here, but does anyone actually know if any of these youngsters that people are saying should be played are any good?, i have not seen them personally, but when i have seen the likes of Reid there has been nothing that has stood out as someone who will be one for the future. I also refer to our awful track record in recent times of developing quality young players, and am just interested to know why so many of you are raving about this current crop?, can you give me an insight into what their like?

The question isnt are they any good, it should be, would they do better

On the evidence of last saturday, do i really need to answer that question

Archived