Anderson

Reid

Bryan

Stead

Burns

Among the subs:

Adomah

Taylor

Not sure about the availability of J. Wilson, Reid and Bryan (are they on loan somewhere?... I'd recall them if so).

I have selected Louis Carey for 2 reasons:

1) As a farewell appearance.

2) There is NO other option at Centre Back.

Anyway, my general point is that anybody that I have not listed above can **** off with him as far as I'm concerned...

Fucck it.

------------Castanheira------------------

Moloney Wilson Carey Cunningham

-------------Kelly Dobie ------------------

Burns -------- Ajala ------------- Bryan

-----------------Krans---------------------

Fucck it.

Fucck it.

honestly as much as i agree with your thinking and sympathise to a great extent

that team will not score goals........well not yet anyway

and would do more harm than good... ..... and certainly not against an in form Charlton team

Krans Ajala and Burns as a combination at this stage are not ready to start games....imo

happy with your back line and happy that all of those you mention may take part

I would rather see Burns and Stead play together, with Toby coming on at some stage

To be fair Burns should have played 20 mins on sky V Hull and absolutely should have replaced Howard on the bench saturday

Worse than that shower of shite on Saturday?...

Yes. Short memories clearly. I'd rather play 1 at the back than that joker.

He's worse in the air than Fontaine

He has worse distribution than Nyatanga

He has worse positioning sense than Fontaine

He can't tackle, can't mark and can't head.

Yes. Short memories clearly. I'd rather play 1 at the back than that joker.

He's worse in the air than Fontaine

He has worse distribution than Nyatanga

He has worse positioning sense than Fontaine

He can't tackle, can't mark and can't head.

Don't get me wrong JT, I'm not suggesting for a second that he is the answer. It's more to do with him not being near the team recently, so not being one of the ones taking the blatant piss.

I would like to think that none of our first choice centre-backs for next season are currently at the club (wishful thinking I know).

Heaton

Moloney, Wilson, Nyatanga, Cunningham

Adomah, Kelly, Dobie, Bryan,

Stead, Burns

Subs: Gerken, Carey, Bates, Reid, Anderson, Ayala, Taylor

James Wilson deserves a start - great reports from his loan spells and has made some good appearances (as well as not so good) for City despite usually playing in a shambolic City defence. He'll still be here next season, so he's one needs to get his chance.

My preference would be to keep the youngsters well away from the final game - lets just get this horror of a season over and done with.

Playing the youth in a one-off game would tell SOD little or nothing (that he doesnt already know) about their true potential and just risks one final humiliation for the young lads and club. I get the impression that some posters on OTIB think we have a young-barcelona (or Bayern) in waiting - unlikely IMO.

Once again, there is a time and place for blooding youngsters, away at Charlton on the final day isnt it IMO.

Heaton

Moloney, Wilson, Nyatanga, Cunningham

Adomah, Kelly, Dobie, Bryan,

Stead, Burns

Subs: Gerken, Carey, Bates, Reid, Anderson, Ayala, Taylor

James Wilson deserves a start - great reports from his loan spells and has made some good appearances (as well as not so good) for City despite usually playing in a shambolic City defence. He'll still be here next season, so he's one needs to get his chance.

He's had his chance and he's failed and will continue to fail as he is an awful footballer.

He got rave reviews at Brentford 4 years ago!!!

He's had his chance and he's failed and will continue to fail as he is an awful footballer.

He got rave reviews at Brentford 4 years ago!!!

So you keep saying..........

You seem to only take into account his least impressive displays - if you judged any of our other central defenders in the same way, including your hero, you would have to reach the same conclusion.

So, by your reckoning Louis Carey is an awful footballer because he put on some horrendous displays early in his career ( and indeed intermittently most seasons) the difference being he was persevered with and given time to mature into the reasonably solid championship/L1 player he became.

Wilson has far more innate footballing ability and promise than Carey ever had. He's been blighted by serious injuries and has never had a sustained run in the team.

But the ability is still there, he's almost certainly staying, so should get that chance - to say he is an awful footballer is just nonsense and being unnecessarily spiteful for no apparent reason.

My preference would be to keep the youngsters well away from the final game - lets just get this horror of a season over and done with.

Playing the youth in a one-off game would tell SOD little or nothing (that he doesnt already know) about their true potential and just risks one final humiliation for the young lads and club. I get the impression that some posters on OTIB think we have a young-barcelona (or Bayern) in waiting - unlikely IMO.

Once again, there is a time and place for blooding youngsters, away at Charlton on the final day isnt it IMO.

very good post and i suppose i reluctantly agree with you

however i would ask you honestly.... do you believe that bringing Howard into the game on Saturday at 3-0 down for Davis, was a better move than letting Burns go and enjoy himself and giving the defenders something to think about

SOD didn't even give himself that option, i did find that very surprising, given that he trusted Burns to play 20 mins in the Birmingham game (much more important) and was on the bench for the live game v hull.

what did he do wrong not to be included other than the boss sticking with that useless bunch of "disinterested excuse for footballers" which graced the field on Saturday ?

i think that does more harm to the youngsters confidence than any subsequent experience may do.

very good post and i suppose i reluctantly agree with you

however i would ask you honestly.... do you believe that bringing Howard into the game on Saturday at 3-0 down for Davis, was a better move than letting Burns go and enjoy himself and giving the defenders something to think about

SOD didn't even give himself that option, i did find that very surprising, given that he trusted Burns to play 20 mins in the Birmingham game (much more important) and was on the bench for the live game v hull.

what did he do wrong not to be included other than the boss sticking with that useless bunch of "disinterested excuse for footballers" which graced the field on Saturday ?

i think that does more harm to the youngsters confidence than any subsequent experience may do.

To my mind Burns would have got a great reception (from the remaining fans) if he'd come on with 20 minutes to go. His appearance at that stage would have been exactly what the fans wanted to see.

He would have had to endure the stick the team took at the end, but that's no excuse for SO'D, because he'd have been fully aware the boos weren't for him.

Very disappointing to see Howard brought on - what on earth was the point of that?

If Burns was disappointed he can be reassured City fans are looking forward to him being a fixture in the match day squad next season.

Heaton

Maloney

Carey

J. Wilson

Cunningham

Kelly

Anderson

Reid

Bryan

Stead

Burns

Among the subs:

Adomah

Taylor

Not sure about the availability of J. Wilson, Reid and Bryan (are they on loan somewhere?... I'd recall them if so).

I have selected Louis Carey for 2 reasons:

1) As a farewell appearance.

2) There is NO other option at Centre Back.

Anyway, my general point is that anybody that I have not listed above can **** off with him as far as I'm concerned...

May aswell give the people who WILL be here next season a go. (where I say any, it is because I don't think we will have any of the current crop next season)

Castanheira

Maloney ANY (carey probably) ANY (tangs or wilson) Cunningham

Ajala Kelly Any (Killkenny??) Anderson

Taylor Baldock

Bench

Heaton Fonts Tangs/Wilson Elliott Adomah Stead Burns

So you keep saying..........

You seem to only take into account his least impressive displays - if you judged any of our other central defenders in the same way, including your hero, you would have to reach the same conclusion.

So, by your reckoning Louis Carey is an awful footballer because he put on some horrendous displays early in his career ( and indeed intermittently most seasons) the difference being he was persevered with and given time to mature into the reasonably solid championship/L1 player he became.

Wilson has far more innate footballing ability and promise than Carey ever had. He's been blighted by serious injuries and has never had a sustained run in the team.

But the ability is still there, he's almost certainly staying, so should get that chance - to say he is an awful footballer is just nonsense and being unnecessarily spiteful for no apparent reason.

Spiteful? Don't make me laugh.

It is an honest assessment of a weak and poor footballer who plays for my team. I am not basing my assessment on his bad games, I am basing it on the majority[b/] of his games. Something you continue to ignore with regard to 'my hero' (why you would imply that that is a negative is beyond me, Carey has contributed more to BCFC than your beloved Brett Pitman, for instance)

Wilson does not have more talent than Carey did, mainly because Wilson does not have any talent. Certainly not anymore.

If you could tell me exactly what he is good at, with examples that would be grand. As far as I can see you are yet again basing your opinions on a reputation gained several seasons ago at a lower level playing for a tin pot club.

James Wilson is an anti footballer. Long ball merchant who doesn't make up for that weakness (like Boom Boom did) by being a good defender.

That he has not featured under SOD is a fair reflection of just how terrible he is.

Think the James Wilson debate is a bit academic to be honest, as it is patently obvious that O'Driscoll simply isn't interested in him and so he isn't going to play. Unlike the "youngsters" being discussed, (Bryan, Reid, Burns), Wilson is the same age as Nyatanga (24) but unlike LN he hasn't got anywhere near a first team start under S O'D.

With the expected departures of Bates, Carey and Nyatanga freeing up funds for at least one CB signing this summer I can therefore only see him making the squad next season if we really have no-one else available and haven't moved him on.

As for the Charlton side, as I've already posted elsewhere I'd expect Bryan to start, would be very pleased to see Burns do so too, but beyond that Reid is our next best youngster and he managed just 3 starts in his 7 Oldham appearances, so maybe he'll have to be a sub, alongside Ajala and possibly Dobie.

Heaton

Moloney Carey Nyatanga Cunningham

Adomah Kelly Skuse Ajala

Burns Stead

Subs

Gerken

J. Wilson

Nyatanga

Kilkenny

Elliott

Baldock

Taylor

I'm amazed that Skuse is still in peoples plans!!

Nyantanga starting, and on the bench? Christ Tell me there's not two of them?!

All highlighted players can go in my opinion.

Only reason I haven't highlighted Kelly is that, I'm guessing, he'll still be under contract.

Archived