IGNORED

Great Benefit For Next Season

ciderbeans

Carlisle will be the worst trip of the season hopefully, not result wise though I hope! League one may just give us a chance at some success for us to build on.

On the subject of travelling, would it be a good idea to set up a mini otib attendance league. Will give people a chance to try as brag best supporter rights and at the same time, get people going to the games... Thoughts?

Will give us a chance to add a trophy to the cabinet and collect 1 mill in tv money/tickets. Not quite so tin pot. Not like the other cups have done us any good.

^ Bingo. Finally one of you gets it - it's a shame as I was hoping all City fans would continue with their superior attitude and totally disregard this competition next year!

Rovers made c£750k I think from reaching the 'Tinpot' Final at the Millennium a few years back (can't remember who they beat in the Area Final though ;) )

If you do well in this competition and reach the latter stages then the rewards can be much greater than an early exit in the League / FA Cups - and a Wembley Final will mean literally hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Carlisle will be the worst trip of the season hopefully, not result wise though I hope! League one may just give us a chance at some success for us to build on.

On the subject of travelling, would it be a good idea to set up a mini otib attendance league. Will give people a chance to try as brag best supporter rights and at the same time, get people going to the games... Thoughts?

If there was a league for points won per miles traveled, I would be somewhere near the top, or bottom depending which way you look at it, for the last two seasons.

I think I've seen two draws in those two seasons in over a dozen games and traveled between 15-20,000 miles, most trips just to see the football, not combining it with a longer break back in England. So not like say a trip back from Oz for a few weeks that happens to take in a City defeat.

I know my bad luck is at an end now we're back in L1 and am looking forward to visiting some old and new haunts and finally seeing us get 3 points.

It will at least give some of the young guys a chance to play more games. Never know, they may shine in the Tin Pot and then get confidence, get the confidence of SOD as well and make a real impact on the first team XI

Hey, leave the Leyland Daffy Windscreen Paint trophy out of this. We have a rep to defend in it.

Yep, we have the second best record in this competition. We were made for the football league trophy, its why we got relegated.

Re the league, i'm looking forward to some of these trips next season. Even Carlisle.

Last time we played Carlisle i can officially say it was my favourite trip of the season!

Carlisle is easy to get to...

head for Scotland and turn left

In the trophy, if you can get to the final and play a team like Stoke or Bolton, great day out.

I can remember people saying it was the best atmosphere seen at Wembley for many years against Stoke. No corporate fans or neutrals, just an almost full stadium of proper fans.

The bad side, if play Carlisle or Mansfield or you don't make the final at all or you get knocked out by a local rival or Barnet.

Who beat us in the area final many years back when they were bottom of the table?

That would be Cambridge, 01-02 season. Drew the first leg 0-0 away, Lee Peacock took by far the worst penalty I've ever seen in my time supporting City (must have cleared the bar by at least ten feet) and we lost the second leg 2-0 at AG.

The following season we had Cambridge again in the area final, if memory serves Mark Robins turned the tie in our favour (I think we were losing at home at one point and he scored / set up a couple to turn the game around). We won both legs then beat Carlisle in the final.

That would be Cambridge, 01-02 season. Drew the first leg 0-0 away, Lee Peacock took by far the worst penalty I've ever seen in my time supporting City (must have cleared the bar by at least ten feet) and we lost the second leg 2-0 at AG.

The following season we had Cambridge again in the area final, if memory serves Mark Robins turned the tie in our favour (I think we were losing at home at one point and he scored / set up a couple to turn the game around). We won both legs then beat Carlisle in the final.

Oh yeh. That Armand One guy got the goals I think.

It wasn't robins, that was the playoff final season.

Archived