IGNORED

More Vouchers And Freeze Prices

Randy Marsh

Hi guys. I'm thinking of running a campaign at the next fans meeting to pressure the club into providing MORE vouchers to people who buy season tickets.

I can't be alone in thinking that this was probably the only highlight of a very bad season. I especially loved the burger offer I took advantage of two hours before the Blackburn game.

Our main aim is to ask the club for more vouchers for the same price, although I have no doubt that as the club will probably haggle we might have to pay an extra £20-£30 for our season tickets per 2-4 extra vouchers - what do people make of this?

I don't wanna give away too much of our negotiation plans on here as no doubt the club will be reading but any ideas welcome, be that negotiation tactics or things you want vouchers for... one I have come up with is 4 vouchers for £3 pre-poured pints we can use upto an hour before KO what's reckon fellow reds?

Hi guys. I'm thinking of running a campaign at the next fans meeting to pressure the club into providing MORE vouchers to people who buy season tickets.

I can't be alone in thinking that this was probably the only highlight of a very bad season. I especially loved the burger offer I took advantage of two hours before the Blackburn game.

Our main aim is to ask the club for more vouchers for the same price, although I have no doubt that as the club will probably haggle we might have to pay an extra £20-£30 for our season tickets per 2-4 extra vouchers - what do people make of this?

I don't wanna give away too much of our negotiation plans on here as no doubt the club will be reading but any ideas welcome, be that negotiation tactics or things you want vouchers for... one I have come up with is 4 vouchers for £3 pre-poured pints we can use upto an hour before KO what's reckon fellow reds?

It seems a waste to have the club post these, so would be better if we had to pick them up on the day from the ticket office an hour or less before kick off. We could then exchange them for whatever no later than two hours before kick off.

Job's a good 'un, as you say round 'ere.

When I read the first sentence I thought for a moment this was a serious thread.

I actually stopped trying to work out if there was any way I could be in the right part of the ground, on the right day, at the right time, to buy something I actually wanted at what was a decent price. I therefore didn't utilise a single one of my vouchers. This was the worst incentives I have ever seen, as it served only to annoy me and ultimately I probably bought less as it made me think more about the poor quality, high prices, long queues and risk of there being nothing left when you get to the front.

I think I'll go for lowest price; no add ons please. Thanks in advance for your anticipated ruthless negotiations.

I think you should lobby the club to reintroduce the two-tiered package that was in force up until this year where adults could choose whether to enter the ground at full price or at kids' prices, by pretending to be younger than they are. Not sure what that offer was but it seemed to be popular.

I don't like vouchers. All they do is making it more difficult to valuate an offer. If I by a washing machine I don't wan't

a bicycle for free or 600 cucumbers. I reject the offer.

600 cucumbers? Damn - I missed that one :(

I don't like vouchers. All they do is making it more difficult to valuate an offer. If I by a washing machine I don't wan't

a bicycle for free or 600 cucumbers. I reject the offer.

A free bike sounds like a good deal. I'd take it. As for 600 cucumbers, that would be handy if you were expecting a lot of people for a garden party and needed a simple sandwich-filler. Not sure if the relegation party organised by Rovers fans recently included cucumber sandwiches or whether that many people turned up. Just a thought.

To be marginally more serious, what clown in the club thought vouchers would be a good idea and what other clown decided to put arbitrary time restrictions on their use?

Could anything show better how the club is out of touch with its fans?

If vouchers are part of the offer next year it means the club are not listening to us and have learned nothing. I don't eat or drink in the stadium whatever the offer. Last year was a con. We know it and the club know it. Once bitten, twice shy (no pun intended). Loyalty discount on ST or even 2 year fixed price STs. It could be Champ or div 2 the following year. Would you take the gamble? Personally I think we will be in div1 for several years.

the vouchers were a joke. i know about 15 season ticket holders and not one of them used their vouchers. about 10 of them disregarded the thought of having the vouchers as soon as they realised there were conditions attached.

only 2 knew they could take a friend for free on 3 occasions but neither actually knew when those occasions were about 3 weeks after the email confirming was sent.

ok its probably their fault for not looking it up etc but if the same aproach is taken pretty much across the board then they are a complete waste of time.

Do your "negotiation plans" involve the smashers? I've heard they provide their own food anyway.

The Smashers will be there cider-manc, as will cheese and pickle triangle sandwiches for those who join.

So the main consensus is we want 500 cucumbers? Maybe one each for the first 500 ST's sold?

The Smashers will be there cider-manc, as will cheese and pickle triangle sandwiches for those who join.

So the main consensus is we want 500 cucumbers? Maybe one each for the first 500 ST's sold?

I don't like pickle :angry: Can't you use 1 of the free cucumbers :dunno:

Archived