IGNORED

More Vouchers And Freeze Prices

Randy Marsh

Randy, my son, you negotiate hard now and don't give them an inch.

I really want the voucher that allows me a free ride on the Weston donkeys. Even if it can only be used 10 mins before kick off.

Love the donkey idea , but get them in the car park instead. Then the club can use their "leftovers" as pie filings , and I can ride one down the pub when I get kicked out for wearing a "Vouchers are W A N K" T-shirt.

Love the donkey idea , but get them in the car park instead. Then the club can use their "leftovers" as pie filings , and I can ride one down the pub when I get kicked out for wearing a "Vouchers are W A N K" T-shirt.

Hey we're onto something with the donkeys at AG. At Christmas SOD could ride one across the pitch and give birth to the new club in the dug out !!

Hey we're onto something with the donkeys at AG. At Christmas SOD could ride one across the pitch and give birth to the new club in the dug out !!

Whilst Neil Kilkenny points from the centre circle and the East End sings "Little Donkey" at him.

My guess would be even lower , and the club will be delighted.

I would be simply appalled if the club paid for the vouchers. If our Commercial Director has even the slightest bit of commercial nous he will have negotiated that the caterers pay for this. The caterers were the main beneficiaries by pushing more product and providing up selling opportunities to go with the items discounted - and then another half hour before kick off to provide extra drinking and food sales opportunities.

If the club bore any cost of this the Commercial Director is a total incompetent.

Perhaps Dave L can confirm that BCFC did not bear the cost?

I would be simply appalled if the club paid for the vouchers. If our Commercial Director has even the slightest bit of commercial nous he will have negotiated that the caterers pay for this. The caterers were the main beneficiaries by pushing more product and providing up selling opportunities to go with the items discounted - and then another half hour before kick off to provide extra drinking and food sales opportunities.

If the club bore any cost of this the Commercial Director is a total incompetent.

What costs? No bugger used them.

I mean all the offers , not just the food vouchers i.e. discounts on shirts , bring a friend , away travel. As you say any commercial department worth it's salt would have got Linleys to bear the cost of the food etc , but the club would have had a cost implication on other aspects of the 'incentives'

The Smashers will be there cider-manc, as will cheese and pickle triangle sandwiches for those who join.

So the main consensus is we want 500 cucumbers? Maybe one each for the first 500 ST's sold?

It was definitely 600 cucumbers - there'll be trouble if 100 expectant STH's suddenly miss out.

Don't forget Tommy will have counted them and inspected each one individually before he jets over with them.

I'm still waiting for my vouchers and stadium tour.

I can't help but wonder what tbe delay is, but it must be serious, otherwise my 'personal account manager' would have got back to me by now.

I have every faith that they are looking in to this and will provide me with a detailed answer soon.

Hi guys. I'm thinking of running a campaign at the next fans meeting to pressure the club into providing MORE vouchers to people who buy season tickets.

I can't be alone in thinking that this was probably the only highlight of a very bad season. I especially loved the burger offer I took advantage of two hours before the Blackburn game.

Our main aim is to ask the club for more vouchers for the same price, although I have no doubt that as the club will probably haggle we might have to pay an extra £20-£30 for our season tickets per 2-4 extra vouchers - what do people make of this?

I don't wanna give away too much of our negotiation plans on here as no doubt the club will be reading but any ideas welcome, be that negotiation tactics or things you want vouchers for... one I have come up with is 4 vouchers for £3 pre-poured pints we can use upto an hour before KO what's reckon fellow reds?

Not for me I'm afraid.

Freezing season ticket prices will not bring in (or bring back) people who have given up on the club.

Championship ticket prices for Rag, Tag & Bobtail ??

Who'll think that good value after what's been witnessed this season? (and the one before for that matter)

I can't change unfortunately. I've been going through the match day routine since 1968, so am beyond redemption. Which is where the trouble lies, in my opinion.

I will renew my ticket as will hundreds of others.

But where will the new breed come from? You can bet your life they wont invest in this club on a simple promise of a free bag of nuts!!

Vouchers were a waste of time. Get £1 of a nasty tasting burger, but you need to be in the ground 3 days before the game kicks off. The 'bring a friend' offers were good, but the club were quite sneaky on it as they didnt really remind you when they were happening. Free travel to away games is maybe a decent incentive. Id rather have the ST cheaper than rubbish vouchers.

Hi guys. I'm thinking of running a campaign at the next fans meeting to pressure the club into providing MORE vouchers to people who buy season tickets.

I can't believe you're serious.

The last voucher idea was a complete fiasco partly because of the 'conditions' that applied in order to redeem them and to go there again would be complete madness.

The club want decent ST sales so imo the cost has to be attractive with considerable reductions on last years prices. City will be after all playing League 1 football with all the crap that goes with it.

If you want to organise a campaign then it has to be aimed at the catering including the variety the quality and the prices.Why for example do Lindleys not sell draught Thatchers Gold? Its the best selling cider in the entire area and would sell fantastically. Its around £3.30 a pint in local pubs so they should match that price. Get in some decent pies/pasties and knock them out at £2.00 each. Clarke's van sell pies and pastie's at £1.50 each outside the ground.

It would mean Lindley's changing suppliers but I wonder whether they could be arsed to do it. Nothing will change next season.

I can't believe you're serious.

The last voucher idea was a complete fiasco partly because of the 'conditions' that applied in order to redeem them and to go there again would be complete madness.

The club want decent ST sales so imo the cost has to be attractive with considerable reductions on last years prices. City will be after all playing League 1 football with all the crap that goes with it.

If you want to organise a campaign then it has to be aimed at the catering including the variety the quality and the prices.Why for example do Lindleys not sell draught Thatchers Gold? Its the best selling cider in the entire area and would sell fantastically. Its around £3.30 a pint in local pubs so they should match that price. Get in some decent pies/pasties and knock them out at £2.00 each. Clarke's van sell pies and pastie's at £1.50 each outside the ground.

It would mean Lindley's changing suppliers but I wonder whether they could be arsed to do it. Nothing will change next season.

The sole criterion the club applies to its caterers is the size of the income it gets from them. End of.

So it's now 600 cucumbers and TWO (we are pushing it here IMHO) free bags of nuts.

Dont forget to demand an 'early bird' option.

For instance, use your voucher for a pie before it reaches its sell by date and get money off. That discount should reduce though once the sell by date expires. Make customers pay nearer to full price at that point.

Oh and add a premium price once they go past their eat by date.

You could do the same with the cucumbers and nuts.

Good luck Randy. We are all batting for you.

I have canvassed other fans of other clubs about the above idea and they are blatently jealous we could be on to a good thing.

One Rovers fan has though pointed out that these sort of offers require financing. He has suggested an extra £50 per season ticket should do it.

Randy, I would go to a £50 increase but dont let them squeeze any more out of you without a fight.

Thanks again for what you are doing.

Archived