IGNORED

You're Not Fit To Wear The Shirt

Buckobcfc

Oh yes he hasn't convinced me but then this isn't his fault

There is only so much he could of done people seem to forget these are the same core of players they have let down mcinnes Millen Johnson and now sod

If its one manager then yes but this has happened to 4 managers it has to be the players there is no doubt about that

I will start to fault him if he doesn't get rid of several of these players now while he has the chance.

He must know certain players' history here. If he doesn't it's up to JL, or someone else within the heirarchy to tell him, and also firmly reject any requests from SO'D to offer them new contracts.

Clueless, a squad that failed under Millen, McInnes and now SOD have shown they are not good or committed enough. Tactics and motivation only go so far and nothing so far has shown me SOD can't do either, he took over a team who were already down and out with no clean sheet all season and least managed to make better fight of it than his predecessor, he can't polish a turd. He hasn't even had a full transfer window yet the some idiots like yourself are already questioning him. :doh:

Wouldnt disagree, but that useless**** Millen kept us up, and this side is currently arguably a better one than Millens. We have finished in the main with a whimper as opposed to Barnsley, Peterborough, Ipswich, only Wolves & Millwall matched our shit run at the end. Millen had us safe with what 5 games to go? I dont rate Millen, and I do think SOD deserves a chance, but he did fail where Millen succeeded :dunno:

I will start to fault him if he doesn't get rid of several of these players now while he has the chance.

He must know certain players' history here. If he doesn't it's up to JL, or someone else within the heirarchy to tell him, and also firmly reject any requests from SO'D to offer them new contracts.

His hands are tied in the contracted players but Heaton aside if any of the ooc players are offered new deals then I will be worried

Glad to see the back of most of these useless sacks of sh1t i wouldn't p1ss on most of 'em if they were on fire

Very worrying. Us and Wolves had better pull our socks up or else another relegation beckons. Parachute money will mean nothing for Wolves as every Div 1 club will play their socks off to scalp them. Peterborough are more used to battling in Div 1 so they may be safe. I hope the Lansdowns and Co take this seriously because we could be a Div 2 club come the 2014/15 season if action is not taken.

I know its easy for me to sit here on my arse and be a stirrer but i wish someone would make some banners and hang them up outside Ashton Gate.

Really slag those wasters off.

Where would it get us? Nowhere

But at least it would let those ***** know what we think of them

Very worrying. Us and Wolves had better pull our socks up or else another relegation beckons. Parachute money will mean nothing for Wolves as every Div 1 club will play their socks off to scalp them. Peterborough are more used to battling in Div 1 so they may be safe. I hope the Lansdowns and Co take this seriously because we could be a Div 2 club come the 2014/15 season if action is not taken.

We need to have a big big clearout to stop that. most of our better players will bail out ASAP in the summer, leaving just the donkies in contract, who need to move out ASAP to clear the negative vibes which infest City these days. We wont bounce back anytime soon, but avoiding relgation is a must..What betting we are one of the pre season favorites for promotion?

He's still got some convincing to do in our household as well. I will , however , give him every opportunity to prove to me that he is the right man for this huge job he has undertaken.

The first steps he has to take are to clear out this hugely dissapointing squad of players. He's not going to make any progress by offering deals to our OOC players , we need fresh , younger , hungrier players and we need them PDQ.

And yet he alludes to offering terms to some of the ooc's which for me is extremely worrying and frustrating. In fact, whether I renew st is entirely dependent on most of the shisters going.

What really concerns me is that I don't know if he can see what's wrong, or doesn't know how to fix it.

I remember before Del's appointment him being in the Dolman and so say saying our problem was midfield. Yet he praises Neil effing Kilkenny at any opportunity despite him being crap, wants to retain Skuse and digs at Bobby Reid who scored for us today in a rare outing (and in doing so praises that overpaid nob Kilkenny).

Considering 18 months ago the midfield was the problem he seems very keen to retain the same midfield.

If Wolves binned Saunders and came knocking at this moment I would not shed a tear if he went. I do blame the players and not him, but I worry he won't force the changes. He's also fan and media unfriendly at a time when we need to build relations between the club and fans. I still feel as I felt when he was appointed: right man, wrong time.

We need to have a big big clearout to stop that. most of our better players will bail out ASAP in the summer, leaving just the donkies in contract, who need to move out ASAP to clear the negative vibes which infest City these days. We wont bounce back anytime soon, but avoiding relgation is a must..What betting we are one of the pre season favorites for promotion?

I can't see our fans betting us into that position Bucks.

You may be right, you may be wrong.

Personally, I don't see how anyone can decide we'll struggle, or compete for promotion, as no one knows what the squad will look like.

It feels shit at the moment and its easy to imagine us struggling again but that's all based on our current situation.

I would be ecstatic if we put all this behind us, and come August started afresh and had a reasonably good season. Winning more than we lost would be a good start.

My concerns that we will struggle, aren't just based on our current situation though. I don't know if you went to any of our cup games, FA or League in the last few years against "lesser" opposition. We were absolutely woeful, and we will be facing that standard week in week out. Many of the players who have let us down so badly will still be here and unless SOD performs a minor miracle, and can not only achieve a major turnover in playing staff and then mould the new intake into a cohesive unit I don't think we will do anything other than struggle. Very happy to be completely wrong though!

I can't see our fans betting us into that position Bucks.

I didnt mean our fans! most of L1 havent got a clue how effin bad we really are. YET. Even Swinetown & Yeovile dont quite know. YET.

If SOD can assemble a decent new battling squad and get plenty of tough and testing pre season friendlies in then we could be promotion candidates. If SOD has to work with the bulk of the current side in Div 1 next season then relegation beckons because our current side is definately not known for any battling football. I feel very concerned because to me it could be the 1981-82 relegation season revisited if we can't assemble a decent battling squad of players.

I didnt mean our fans! most of L1 havent got a clue how effin bad we really are. YET. Even Swinetown & Yeovile dont quite know. YET.

Good point bucks, but they'll soon find out - unless SOD does something radical over the summer (which I think he will).

If SOD can assemble a decent new battling squad and get plenty of tough and testing pre season friendlies in then we could be promotion candidates. If SOD has to work with the bulk of the current side in Div 1 next season then relegation beckons because our current side is definately not known for any battling football. I feel very concerned because to me it could be the 1981-82 relegation season revisited if we can't assemble a decent battling squad of players.

Jeez Gobbers, great minds n all that, been thinking 82 revisited meself, cos of the state of things, the contracts, high debt on player wages. Hellfire thats a worry.

I personally think next season will be a battle, but the following season should see us rebuilding towards promotion, but I can see another Wilson type wait for promotion again though...

Jeez Gobbers, great minds n all that, been thinking 82 revisited meself, cos of the state of things, the contracts, high debt on player wages. Hellfire thats a worry.

I personally think next season will be a battle, but the following season should see us rebuilding towards promotion, but I can see another Wilson type wait for promotion again though...

All is not lost if SOD can sit down with the Lansdowns and formulate a plan for bringing in the necessary calibre of players and then they need to gell. Early May now so that's just 3 months before the start of next season to get the right players in place. If SOD has to work with the bulk of the current squad then we might struggle next season, especially considering the fact we were knocked out by the then Div 2 Crawley Town in the FA Cup due to our current players and their lack of spirit.

What more could he have done? Manage?

Have you even listened to a word SOD has said. He stated last week on the radio that we had to be a different kind of team to the one we will be next season in terms of playing style. How can we play open attractive football when we were propping up the league. Plus the players aint ******* good enough . You are an idiot.

Have you even listened to a word SOD has said. He stated last week on the radio that we had to be a different kind of team to the one we will be next season in terms of playing style. How can we play open attractive football when we were propping up the league. Plus the players aint ******* good enough . You are an idiot.

Yep. I've heard he rates Kilkenny and Skuse unfortunately. Don't care how we play they're cr@p.

If we line up with that muppet midfield with Fontaine and Tangs at the back then God help us. After 50 years of supporting this club and it being the centre of my life that'll be it for me. Plainmoor will beckon.

Yep. I've heard he rates Kilkenny and Skuse unfortunately. Don't care how we play they're cr@p.

If we line up with that muppet midfield with Fontaine and Tangs at the back then God help us. After 50 years of supporting this club and it being the centre of my life that'll be it for me. Plainmoor will beckon.

Don't be hasty , hang on until the half ST's come out , because if those 4 are in the team next season , he'll be gone by Christmas.

Clueless, a squad that failed under Millen, McInnes and now SOD have shown they are not good or committed enough. Tactics and motivation only go so far and nothing so far has shown me SOD can't do either, he took over a team who were already down and out with no clean sheet all season and least managed to make better fight of it than his predecessor, he can't polish a turd. He hasn't even had a full transfer window yet the some idiots like yourself are already questioning him. :doh:

Are you sure about that? How about today's 4-1 defeat? Or last week's 3-1 defeat at home? Or the several crucial games where he failed to inspire even a modicum of fight/effort from the players? He's managed to make a better fight of it than his predecessor? Wait, I thought you just said it was the players who were at fault and not the managers? So surely McInnes and Millen are blameless too? I've been a manager of a business and I wasn't afforded the luxury of bringing in a whole new team. It was my challenge to turn what I had into a successful operation. I believe I managed that - that's what good management is all about. And less of the playground insults please.

On your not fit to wear the shirt Brighton fans sang this at wolves players today

''You selfish bastards, you let your fans down'

Restores faith in football for me stuff like that, well played to Brighton fans

we should of sang this around xmas time!! might of been a wake up call....

Are you sure about that? How about today's 4-1 defeat? Or last week's 3-1 defeat at home? Or the several crucial games where he failed to inspire even a modicum of fight/effort from the players? He's managed to make a better fight of it than his predecessor? Wait, I thought you just said it was the players who were at fault and not the managers? So surely McInnes and Millen are blameless too? I've been a manager of a business and I wasn't afforded the luxury of bringing in a whole new team. It was my challenge to turn what I had into a successful operation. I believe I managed that - that's what good management is all about. And less of the playground insults please.

And that's what you were hired to do. SOD was hired to be a new broom.

Glad to see the back of most of these useless sacks of sh1t i wouldn't p1ss on most of 'em if they were on fire

Bit harsh but totally agree with the sentiment. Know a bloke who met Stead the other day and he took as long out as required to have a chat - he wants back up north and the club looks to be offering him nothing. Gerken won't be here also and that's inside info.

I want to see lads out there who give a f### about the club. That is all.

Thing is there's two players right there that do care

Will never forget gerken clapping the east end mid game last year when we were singing

'Were Bristol city so play with some pride'

Said wonders about what was going on and that was him agreeing as far as I'm concerend

Unfortunately for him he's not championship standard, kinda worried both our keepers could be off though

In hindsight I would say mcinnes and Millen are 10% to blame the rest are these sorry excuse gutless greedy wasters who call themselves footballers

God could be out manager and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference

Unfortunately you are part of the major problem at Ashton gate and that's the fan base demanding everything now and got giving people the chance to put things right

Tell me how will we ever get success again if we sack a manager every six months?

I mean sacking managers every 6 months has worked for the gas wolves Blackburn hasn't it,

The only time we've had any success at this club is when we've given a manager a chance to build a squad

Archived