IGNORED

Looks Like Our Head Coach Wants To Keep Lewin !

glynriley

If he takes a big wage cut yes but also Fontaine has to leave

and that Monkeh is the real problem, a) he won't and b) who will want him after this season?, as I have been saying for a while now the 'clear out' is going to be far more difficult than people imagined because it's obvious SOD wants to keep some of the out of contract that the majority of fans want rid of and some of the dross is still under contract.

Do you?

For all we know he may offer Carey a contract ,Wilson is right sided and under contact , he may think he can do a job at L1 level. He obviously thinks Nyatanga can.

Unless he know's for sure that Fontaine is off , I don't see the point in keeping Nyatanga. Fontaine could be back up CH and at least 2 should come in. We've got J. Wilson and Maloney who can also cover CB already under contract , this just seems like a waste of a squad place.

What happened to the file on his desk that is 6 inches thick with the names of players we coud sign?

Yes I do, chatting with him he wants to bring in a centre backs preferably two,

I have not been the biggest fan of Nyatanga but he has improved under SOD and was possibly our best CB in the end (not saying much I know), Fontaine who needs to/has to recover his form have both shown they are competent ALONGSIDE a dominant partner at Championship level and League 1,

I think we have to be realistic how much he can change in one transfer market due to some much dross still in contract, but he will start shaping his squad to match his philosophy Its going to take time a some patience from the fans but we need to let Shaun put his plans into action before we panic about every little thing or article in the Post.

Yes I do, chatting with him he wants to bring in a centre backs preferably two,

I have not been the biggest fan of Nyatanga but he has improved under SOD and was possibly our best CB in the end (not saying much I know), Fontaine who needs to/has to recover his form have both shown they are competent ALONGSIDE a dominant partner at Championship level and League 1,

I think we have to be realistic how much he can change in one transfer market due to some much dross still in contract, but he will start shaping his squad to match his philosophy Its going to take time a some patience from the fans but we need to let Shaun put his plans into action before we panic about every little thing or article in the Post.

That's good to know , I think we need 2.

So let's say we bring in those 2 , we also then have Fontaine and Wilson under contract plus Maloney who can play CB.

Given the new financial rules do we need to offer a contract to Nyatanga? Can we afford to? How big a squad can we manage on 60% of turnover.

Unless he know's Fonts or Wilson are off , it doesn't seem viable to me.

That's good to know , I think we need 2.

So let's say we bring in those 2 , we also then have Fontaine and Wilson under contract plus Maloney who can play CB.

Given the new financial rules do we need to offer a contract to Nyatanga? Can we afford to? How big a squad can we manage on 60% of turnover.

Unless he know's Fonts or Wilson are off , it doesn't seem viable to me.

I agree,

I think Wilson and Careys days are numbered, if there is an offer for Fontaine I think he will also be gone.

Its all a juggling act at the moment, if Fonts goes we will maybe need to keep Nyatanga (I think this is SOD preference), if both Fonts and Nyatanga go we may need to keep hold of Wilson for backup becasue he is cheap and under contract.

See how the dust settles and who signs what. I think Nyatanga will sign an extension but Fontaine moved on to a Championship club (don't laugh :D ).

Defenders very often look shocking when playing alongside 3 shocking defenders. Nyatanga in a much better back four wouldn't be bad at all imo.

Defenders very often look shocking when playing alongside 3 shocking defenders. Nyatanga in a much better back four wouldn't be bad at all imo.

Where is this much better back four then? The entire back four is crap including the boy Nyatanga. In fact if Heaton goes and we're lumbered with the useless Gerkin, we could beat our goals conceded record even next season in a worse standard of football, cos we'll have possibly the worst defence in the Football League...

As for getting the CBKs in, we have also got to somehow overcome this situation where we are not attractive to players unless we pay them 10k to 14k per week.

Would love to know why a lot of players don't like our club.

and that Monkeh is the real problem, a) he won't and b) who will want him after this season?, as I have been saying for a while now the 'clear out' is going to be far more difficult than people imagined because it's obvious SOD wants to keep some of the out of contract that the majority of fans want rid of and some of the dross is still under contract.

Gods Teeth that is profoundly depressing Esmond, it really is....its gonna be hard enough to get out of L1 as it is, without having the piles of steaming shit wasters STILL infesting our club..

Do you?

For all we know he may offer Carey a contract ,Wilson is right sided and under contact , he may think he can do a job at L1 level. He obviously thinks Nyatanga can.

Unless he know's for sure that Fontaine is off , I don't see the point in keeping Nyatanga. Fontaine could be back up CH and at least 2 should come in. We've got J. Wilson and Maloney who can also cover CB already under contract , this just seems like a waste of a squad place.

What happened to the file on his desk that is 6 inches thick with the names of players we coud sign?

I normally rate your posts Glyn but this is a bit silly.

Firstly I think we can assume by the fact that he isn't mentioned that Carey is off, so that's one CB gone, nor is Bates, so that's two.

James Wilson hasn't even made the subs bench for weeks now, that's a clear indication of how highly O'Driscoll rates him and I expect they will have a discussion this summer about how it is in best interests to move on now.

Next as others have said, (despite it being a very low bar) Nyatanga has been our best CB since O'Driscoll took over and if he was to keep one that would be who he'd pick, I guess.

However that doesn't mean he'll stay, I wouldn't be too amazed to see him attract a better deal from a bottom six Championship side.

However if he did stay I won't be panicking over it, especially if we move Carey, Bates, Wilson and even possibly Fontaine on this summer.

I normally rate your posts Glyn but this is a bit silly.

Firstly I think we can assume by the fact that he isn't mentioned that Carey is off, so that's one CB gone, nor is Bates, so that's two.

James Wilson hasn't even made the subs bench for weeks now, that's a clear indication of how highly O'Driscoll rates him and I expect they will have a discussion this summer about how it is in best interests to move on now.

Next as others have said, (despite it being a very low bar) Nyatanga has been our best CB since O'Driscoll took over and if he was to keep one that would be who he'd pick, I guess.

However that doesn't mean he'll stay, I wouldn't be too amazed to see him attract a better deal from a bottom six Championship side.

However if he did stay I won't be panicking over it, especially if we move Carey, Bates, Wilson and even possibly Fontaine on this summer.

Fair enough mate , we're all entitled to our opinions. The thing that worries me , is the over use of the word if , on your and many other posts. IF Fonts leaves , IF Wlson leaves etc.

I think Carey and Bates will be released. That will leave Fonts and Wilson under contract plus Maloney who can play there. Lets assume nobody wants to buy any of those 3 , that leaves room for 2 brand new CB's. Yes , it means our back up CB's aren't the greatest but we only have to carry them for a season.Re-signing Tangs will only leave room for 1 new face IMO as surely we cant afford 6 CB's on the books??

Fonts is under contract so might not be possible.

How do you like the look of this back 4 on the first day of next season

Foster , Nyatanga , Fontaine , Bryan.

Hello L2, nice to see you again after all these years.

Precisely my point

Poor for us in 2009-10 - shocking for Peterboro in 2010-11 - opinions were formed (my own included)

Better performances in 2011-12 and 2012-13 seemingly ignored by many - fortunately for you the market will place his overall career record and more recent performances above events of three years ago

He was only at Peterborough for 5 games, to try and get fit after a spell out with injury... christ stop over reacting, Nyatanga would be excellent in league 1, fact! who will we be able to sign BETTER than him AT THAT LEVEL? no one!!!

So you're happy to keep him then Monk?

Despite you saying many times that the group of players that saw off Johnson , Millen and McInnes should all go. Check out your post on the SOD stops training post , you wanted all but 4 players to "**** off".

He may well have been one of the better performers under SOD , but that's not a ringing endorsment , nor a reason to keep him. We need fresh blood in the squad , not the same old underacheiving faces.

Why cut off your nose to spite your face? whats the point in having 'fresh blood' if that 'fresh blood' isn't any better than what we a;ready have? doesn't make sense to me, stop panicing and use some logic.

He was only at Peterborough for 5 games, to try and get fit after a spell out with injury... christ stop over reacting, Nyatanga would be excellent in league 1, fact! who will we be able to sign BETTER than him AT THAT LEVEL? no one!!!

I would rather take a punt on a non league 6ft 35in monster than have Fontaine & Nyatanga getting torn apart by the likes of Donaldson, Collins, Williams, Kitson or Madden.

Why cut off your nose to spite your face? whats the point in having 'fresh blood' if that 'fresh blood' isn't any better than what we a;ready have? doesn't make sense to me, stop panicing and use some logic.

I would suggest a months worth of BCFC player and a good look at all our goals conceded this season.

That WILL change your mind.

Better than we already have ummm, have you glanced at the championship table lately?, 41 pathetic points, 84 goals conceded, 44 of those at home in our 11 home defeats and for the record when was the last time we actually beat lower league opposition?, better than what exactly.

The thing is mate , I'm one of those that have been saying for the majority of the season , that I can't wait to see the back of these players. It looks like I'm one of very few who actually meant it.

I would rather take a punt on a non league 6ft 35in monster than have Fontaine & Nyatanga getting torn apart by the likes of Donaldson, Collins, Williams, Kitson or Madden.

I'm not talking about Fontaine, i'm talking about Nyatanga, and IMO hes more than good enough at league 1 level, why sign someone from non league when you have a proven, young, experienced Championship player on your books on reduced wages? it just doesn't make sense, IMO.

I would suggest a months worth of BCFC player and a good look at all our goals conceded this season.

That WILL change your mind.

Nothing will change my mind, i've said right from day 1 that Nyatanga would be worth keeping if we were to go down, i have no reason to change my mind.

Better than we already have ummm, have you glanced at the championship table lately?, 41 pathetic points, 84 goals conceded, 44 of those at home in our 11 home defeats and for the record when was the last time we actually beat lower league opposition?, better than what exactly.

I think you're forgetting that league 1 and championship are different divisions, the gap between the two is pretty wide at the moment and it would be wrong to compare our defensive record on the head of 1 player, and that is all i'm talking about before anyone gets it twisted, 1 player, Ntatanga, who has been decent in the 'championship' this season IMO! Fontaine has cost us most of our goals, he is the idiot that need to be shipped on!

The thing is mate , I'm one of those that have been saying for the majority of the season , that I can't wait to see the back of these players. It looks like I'm one of very few who actually meant it.

Oh i agree, but i don't agree with selling decent assets 'just because they are 'part' of the squad that has failed' for me this is unfair and not called for! Nyatanga is young, and improving! name me any player we could sign that would be BETTER than him, with his experience that we could afford? its a near impossible task!

I do want to see the likes of Foster, J.Wilson, M.Wilson, Fontaine, Elliott, Skuse & Pearson shipped out though, however! i wouldn't consider Nyatanga to be part of the crap at this football club IMO!

I think you're forgetting that league 1 and championship are different divisions, the gap between the two is pretty wide at the moment and it would be wrong to compare our defensive record on the head of 1 player, and that is all i'm talking about before anyone gets it twisted, 1 player, Ntatanga, who has been decent in the 'championship' this season IMO! Fontaine has cost us most of our goals, he is the idiot that need to be shipped on!

No I think you are forgetting our pathetic record against lower league opposition recently, the gap between the championship and the 1st div might be wide, but the gap between BCFC and the 1st div is almost parity.

Just a question for all of Nyatanga's new found fan club, did this new love start when SOD said he wants to keep him? because apart from the odd he played ok today posts, I cannot recall this actual OTIB epiphany and the he's better than Fontaine comparison is a joke it really is.

No I think you are forgetting our pathetic record against lower league opposition recently, the gap between the championship and the 1st div might be wide, but the gap between BCFC and the 1st div is almost parity.

Just a question for all of Nyatanga's new found fan club, did this new love start when SOD said he wants to keep him? because apart from the odd he played ok today posts, I cannot recall this actual OTIB epiphany and the he's better than Fontaine comparison is a joke it really is.

We've been knocked out in a few meaningless cup games spread out over 6 years? is that all you have to go by? and for the last time, i've ALWAYS rated lewin, and hope he stays next season, whether you agree with me or not!!

We've been knocked out in a few meaningless cup games spread out over 6 years? is that all you have to go by? and for the last time, i've ALWAYS rated lewin, and hope he stays next season, whether you agree with me or not!!

Our owner certainly doesn't see it like that !

Our owner certainly doesn't see it like that !

Maybe not but to say we're going to be crap against ALL lower league clubs because of what we have achieved in the cup over the last 6 years is a bit of an over reaction, don't you think? (in response to EMB). its common knowledge that 'bigger clubs' don't take the cup games seriously, rightly or wrongly, thats the way it is!

Maybe not but to say we're going to be crap against ALL lower league clubs because of what we have achieved in the cup over the last 6 years is a bit of an over reaction, don't you think? (in response to EMB). its common knowledge that 'bigger clubs' don't take the cup games seriously, rightly or wrongly, thats the way it is!

Utter and complete nonsense, ask SAF after losing to Chelsea after a replay, ask Wenger after losing to Bradford in the league cup, you must be a WUM.

Edit:- BCFC 'bigger club'? that's ******' hilarious.

This is what's worrying me.

What happened to all the posters on too many match threads calling for a clear out of the wasters , the players who don't care?

Where are all those claiming they want to see a new , fresh young vibrant side.

Did all those saying they could stomach relegation if it meant we could see the back of these players actually mean it?

I'm still firmly with you fella.

Nothing has changed in my mind. Heaton has the option for a 2nd year, and I would like to keep him if the deal was good for BCFC, other than that, ALL of those out of contract should be shown the door.

None of them have shown that they are good enough for the Championship, so I don't care if they 'might' be ok in L1 or not. If we have ambitions to come back up again, then what's the point of coming back up with players we know are not good enough at this level?

As for Nyatanga specifically, he has shown nothing in his 4 years at the club. Now that he's put in some decent performances toward the end of his contract, it shouldn't, in my mind, warrant a new contract. If for some reason we do decide to offer him a deal, I'd be disappointed if it was on anything more than £1.5k per week. If he thinks he can get better elsewhere, then let him go. If he wants to stick around, it's on our terms - i.e. very much reduced terms!

With the budgetary constraints, any incoming players will not be offered any more than £3k per week, so any renegotiated contracts should be on the same basis.

I agree it's not an easy job , but SOD knew the score when he came (or should have). It looks like we've been preparing for L1 since he arrived so you'd hope he had some players in mind , not just doing the easy thing and re-signing the players who took us down.

+1

Archived