IGNORED

Fans Parliament Tonight...

!james

Sorry to be picky mate but Elliott was signed by GJ when we were in the championship.

Some have 'robbed a living' from us over the years but I would say Marv was not one of them.

The same Marv who point blank refused to come into the supporters club and trust bar following the last home game, despite us sponsoring his shirt all season, and despite Albert (the other shirt we sponsored) Jon Stead, and Carey all being happy to come and mingle for a short while.

Very interesting re the new stadium. Said that it will make just as much money as av. For me that says they are surely going to go for it. Really looking forward to seeing plans. Hope it goes smoother than av! On the playing side we already have people lined up we are looking at, new long term thinking, possibly players in from abroad. We may have just been relegated, but its an exciting time to be a city fan imo!

According to the minutes the plans for the new stadium will be submitted in four weeks. it also says that further consultation will take place in the next four weeks and this will be the last chance for change before the plans are submitted. 99.9% of fans have yet to see the design !!! or have I got this very wrong.

I must confess I haven't followed this stuff very much. The minutes are useful and interesting to read.

At point 2 can I ask what the idea is behind designing a new robin badge? It's the first I've heard of it. What will its use be?

Although I don't feel strongly against the robin, I am slightly concerned that a minority(?) pressure group are determined to foist the robin back on our shirt regardless of anyone else. I don't believe there is any evidence to suggest that this is something desired by the vast majority of fans.

What's the position on this?

My thoughts too.

The same Marv who point blank refused to come into the supporters club and trust bar following the last home game, despite us sponsoring his shirt all season, and despite Albert (the other shirt we sponsored) Jon Stead, and Carey all being happy to come and mingle for a short while.

I have to say that is very disappointing to hear. Why would he refuse?

Regardless of hearing that I still maintain that after what he has offered on the pitch during his time here, he should not be placed in the bracket of players to have robbed a living.

According to the minutes the plans for the new stadium will be submitted in four weeks. it also says that further consultation will take place in the next four weeks and this will be the last chance for change before the plans are submitted. 99.9% of fans have yet to see the design !!! or have I got this very wrong.

To be fair you cant ask everyones opinions and ideas or it would never get done! We are lucky the club even consulted the fans at all.

Regardless of hearing that I still maintain that after what he has offered on the pitch during his time here, he should not be placed in the bracket of players to have robbed a living.

What hes suffered on the pitch????? Suffered! Good god man, he gets thousands a week injured or not. How does he show his gratitude to the fans???? He mugs them off.

To be fair you cant ask everyones opinions and ideas or it would never get done! We are lucky the club even consulted the fans at all.

To be fair thats what the club said would happen or very close and barely anybody seeing a design is not consulting fans unless thats a handful mate.

What hes suffered on the pitch????? Suffered! Good god man, he gets thousands a week injured or not. How does he show his gratitude to the fans???? He mugs them off.

Offered, not suffered :laugh:

I don't think I am the first person to correct you fella, but I believe Marv has always offered no less than 100% commitment on the pitch for BCFC. We all know he lacks ability and is at the end of his time here, but I don't think anyone can fault his commitment on the pitch!

I must confess I haven't followed this stuff very much. The minutes are useful and interesting to read.

At point 2 can I ask what the idea is behind designing a new robin badge? It's the first I've heard of it. What will its use be?

Although I don't feel strongly against the robin, I am slightly concerned that a minority(?) pressure group are determined to foist the robin back on our shirt regardless of anyone else. I don't believe there is any evidence to suggest that this is something desired by the vast majority of fans.

What's the position on this?

About the robin badge, a group is asking for an official vote or the topic to be added to the bcfc club survey to get the bigger picture of thought not just to pressure the club to bring the badge back without consultation

This issue has been picked up on by Bristol press

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-fans-campaigning-reinstate-robin/story-18948414-detail/story.html

About the robin badge, a group is asking for an official vote or the topic to be added to the bcfc club survey to get the bigger picture of thought not just to pressure the club to bring the badge back without consultation

This issue has been picked up on by Bristol press

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-fans-campaigning-reinstate-robin/story-18948414-detail/story.html

OK thanks for that. I know this isn't the place to start another debate, but I think the easiest solution would be to incorporate both. Couldn't the robin go by the manufacturer's logo instead? What about the arm? Wouldn't two badges in itself give our kits a kind of identity unique among others? Regardless even if the robin wins a place back on the kit, I think the job to come up with something that won't look of its age will be difficult. Part of the appeal of the crest for me is it looks timeless. So many clubs redesign badges and change them 20 years later because they look dated. Is it possible to produce a timeless robin badge?

Thanks for the update anyway.

Doesn't look too good on the Academy Category 2 status if we had to improve at least 25%.

I know a lot of work has been put in but I have a feeling that it was already determined what level we would be before the Audit.

Expect category 3 IMO.

I've no doubt youth has its place, and I'd love to be churning out players every season. What gets to me is the continuous boasting of how good the academy is. Fine, they might be competing well in their respective league, but that isnt important.

Is that not a bit like saying the England Under 21 Squad/Players are not important..... because some will be important and in our case if we can play/develope the talent & if they are good then we can get milage out of them for our clubs betterment + sell them if we get really good offers........ just a thought.

That's exactly where he should be placed

He doesn't give a toss

That's exactly where he should be placed

He doesn't give a toss

Why? On the basis of not going into the supporters bar?

I would argue that in comparison to other players, on the pitch he certainly looks to me like he gives a toss. I am referring to what he has done on the pitch since he signed....not off it.

According to the minutes the plans for the new stadium will be submitted in four weeks. it also says that further consultation will take place in the next four weeks and this will be the last chance for change before the plans are submitted.99.9% of fans have yet to see the design !!! or have I got this very wrong.

You have it wrong.....it says plans will be submitted by 24th July

I would argue that in comparison to other players, on the pitch he certainly looks to me like he gives a toss. I am referring to what he has done on the pitch since he signed....not off it.

No not just because off that.

He couldn't give a toss. End off

Agreed,Marvin gives 100% on the pitch and has for several seasons. He may not be the most gifted on the ball but we all know that.

This forum is full of people slagging players for not playing for the shirt,Marvin always has IMO.

I like this quote from Burt:

“When a first team player is injured, we want to be able to bring in a player from the Under-21 team to replace them.”

So we won't be having a large squad by the looks of things and be focusing more on quality in the U21's coming through. Promising stuff.

Agreed,Marvin gives 100% on the pitch and has for several seasons. He may not be the most gifted on the ball but we all know that.

This forum is full of people slagging players for not playing for the shirt,Marvin always has IMO.

Exactly.

I would love every player to care about the club, make an effort with the fans and play an active role with the club off the pitch. Stead being a great example of this. Sadly it's just not the way it works these days.

Of course it's a little disappointing that Marv didn't go in the supporters bar but he shouldn't be victimised as if he has shat on the club or something. It's ridiculous. There could be a number of reasons why he didn't. Had it been someone like Pearson, Killa, Foster etc who don't put in the hard graft on the pitch then I would understand.

Over the years he has been here Marv has never ever given anything less than 100% on the pitch. He's hardly been a controversial trouble maker with a bad relationship with the fans either. It shouldn't be taken as a personal attack on the club.

He's been a good servant to the club. Ultimately it's what he does on the pitch rather than off it that's what counts. Not ideal, but not every player is a legendary club ambassador. That's just how football is these days. I am sure Marv does care about the club and fans a lot more than others do at the club.

I've bit my tounge whilst everyone has slagged Marv off actually knowing him being my neighbour I can safely say he does care about this club and he is also ******* sound anyone that says different is talking out their arsehole.

Or was it the same Marv who gets all manner of stick and abuse on here and at AG? I'd imagine he's had a stomach full of a large chunk of our "support". Supporters Club members won't have been immune from criticising him. Or maybe he just had to be somewhere else.....about time people stopped assessing players on anything other than what they do on a football pitch. That's where, unlike some, Marv when fit gave 100% for City last season. That's his job and all that matters.

I'm in the pro Marv camp! Never the most gifted of footballers but certainly gives his best and he's bloody good at what he does! The 'shunning the fans' thing wasn't his best move but I want to see him in OUR shirt next season! There are an awful lot more that deserve alot more stick than him TBH.

Captain Marv? I wouldn't be against it!

On Marv, agree not the most gifted player but offers something different to our midfield. Something I hope us to find a replacement for this summer admittedly as I don't think Marv has much left in him for what we will require.

And on the subject of captain, i'd actually look to the future, obviously we don't know what sort of people they are like behind the scenes but maybe someone like Cunningham, give him a reason to stay with us more than simply being a first teamer.

I'm in the pro Marv camp! Never the most gifted of footballers but certainly gives his best and he's bloody good at what he does! The 'shunning the fans' thing wasn't his best move but I want to see him in OUR shirt next season! There are an awful lot more that deserve alot more stick than him TBH.

Captain Marv? I wouldn't be against it!

Surely Marv's the only choice as captain next year..... Should he choose to stay. I'd be surprised if Champ clubs weren't sniffing around.

Archived