IGNORED

Skuse A City Fan ? Your Avin A laugh

westonred

Skuse was a good player playing in a poor team. I expect him to do well wherever he goes if he can stay fit. He has shown a lot more loyalty to our club than most and owes us nothing. He has served out his contract and if we were desperate to keep him we should have offered him an extension long ago.

Good Luck and thanks Cole -you have been a good servant to the club -just don't play too well for Ipswich if you go there. I live near and will never hear the end of it from the locals if you do!

What is this about Skuse showing such loyalty? It's not as though he has EVER been in demand from other clubs. Until his present contract was running out - meaning another club could now sign him for no fee - there had never never a single serious offer to go elsewhere.

Up til then he's regularly been given new contracts by poor City managers, along with signing on fees and increased wages, and ended up well overpaid compared to what he's actually worth to Bristol City.

The first time City offer more like what he's actually worth, and moreover what the club can actually afford, he declines it and moves to the one club who offer him more money.

What exactly is so loyal about that?

Loyalty is a two way street, 9 years and his entire professional footballing career and the response from some of our fans is to call him out on his loyalty... ****ing joke!

Anger in defence of one of this lot of City players, quite unbelievable.

Loyalty is only relevant when a player is in demand from other clubs.

Skuse never has been.

He's another who's had a fantastically well remunerated career at BCFC without ever being more than average.

I have no problem with Cole Skuse moving to get more money. It's a short career. That's fine. Good luck to him.

What he sums up for me though is a problem with football as a whole. I must have watched hundreds of his appearances...I can barely remember anything remarkable that he ever did. Now I'm not denying that in a team game you need people who graft for others. But I do think that in the entertainment business a performer being paid what most of the spectators would consider an astronomical sum each week should be doing something memorable.

And for me he never has.

I think the consensus on this thread is to wish the lad well and rightly so. How else could any sensible person respond to such a stupid OP opening remarks.

9 years, his only club, still feels he can offer a lot more and has a wife and young family. I wish him all the best and thanks very much for your fine efforts over the years Skuuuusey. I know you and your local family will always be Bristol City fans.

It will be interesting to see how Skuse's career progresses from here.

Even the majority of his harshest critics would admit that he is a talented player and probably the most frustrating thing about him is that for whatever reason his best performances do not happen anywhere near often enough. He has spells where you think he has turned the corner and he will consistently turn into the midfield player we have long needed, but before long he will produce one of his infuriating anonomous performances. Some would argue that with the right players around him he could be a valuable asset, while others will argue he simply doesn't play well often enough and is a jack of all trades master of none type player. I guess we will soon get a better indication as to which verdict is correct. For what it's worth I think in a midfield where he is surrounded by creative players I think he could do a good job of sitting in front of the back four winning possession and starting attacks.

I think a change of scene could be the best for Cole and may prove as a catalyst to take his game to a level that he has only achieved sparingly in a City shirt. Unlike many I don't often accuse players of being in a comfort zone and I could be well off the mark in regards to Skuse, but I just feel that maybe at City he hasn't always needed to push himself to the absolute limit. I'm not saying he hasn't tried or has simply coasted along, but maybe just subconsciously in the back of his mind there hasn't been the same desire to really take his game forward that there may have been had he not been playing for his home town club where in the main he has been extremely highly thought of.

My biggest problem with him and something he will need to change should the rest of his career be a success is that too often when we're losing he goes missing. You would expect your central midfielder, local boy made good, to at the very least 'get stuck in' and show some heart and guts to try and get us back in the game. Too often with Cole when we're not playing well and losing the game has just passed him by. I often compare him to Marv and although he is much more talented than Marv and has a much better all round game I just feel he could learn a few things from the way Elliott plays.

Purely for the fact that our team doesn't have enough local lads in it I am sad to see him go, but I think we've all known all season that he was off and since his injury at London Road he hasn't done an awful lot on the pitch to suggest we will miss him. I wish him well and thank him for his time as I do genuinely believe he has tried his best and does care for the club.

As for rumours about him joining other clubs, I heard in the week before the Leicester home game that he was set to join Middlesbrough. Obviously that one didn't turn out to be true!

I was very good friends with Cole back when we were kids (went to the same school played in the same sunday team etc). He's been with City since he was 13-14 as when we went to different senior schools, City wouldn't let him play for his school when we played against them. His dad is City mad ( iirc used to be at City as a youth player but never made the grade) as is Cole, he used to go all over the country watching them and i believe his dad still does. The annoying thing i find in all of this is he used to be the most prolific striker going as kid used to score 40+ for our sunday team (i know its as a 8-9-10-11 yr old). When he joined City the gradually moved him back into midfield and it seems they have coached all his goal scoring abilities out of him as he can't score in a brothel these days.

Still hes a good championship player especially with better players around him (look at the first couple of seasons after we got promoted).

I won't particularly miss him +I think its probably best for the club +him that he moves on. But I wish him well. And I am really getting sick of this constant slagging and snipeing of him. Certain peoples lives seem to revolve around criticising cole skuse at every possible opportunity. He's not the devil incarnate. He's a footballer who hasn't fulfilled his potential. We've seen it before and we.ll see it again. To those of you who were so desperate to get him out of the club. You've got what you wanted guys. Can you please please stop moaning on about him! Time to move on to your next target-I'm sure it won't take you long to find one!

Don't recall saying he was Maradona just said I appreciated a player who fought for the cause.Looking forward to watching your dad next year and I hope you don't get to upset when the "all knowing ones" start getting on his back at the slightest excuse!

That won't happen as they won't be renewing their season tickets so they tell us.

I am very dissappointed in Cole Skuse if he was as much of a City fan as he makes out he would have signed a new deal before asking to leave so we could have cashed in on him with a transfer fee.

No loyalty in Football i'm affraid

its (disappointed, afraid) if you were wondering.

9 years best part of his career I think he has the right to play where he likes now.

Archived