IGNORED

Skuse A City Fan ? Your Avin A laugh

westonred

I am very dissappointed in Cole Skuse if he was as much of a City fan as he makes out he would have signed a new deal before asking to leave so we could have cashed in on him with a transfer fee.

No loyalty in Football i'm affraid

I am very dissappointed in Cole Skuse if he was as much of a City fan as he makes out he would have signed a new deal before asking to leave so we could have cashed in on him with a transfer fee.

I am very disappointed in Cole Skuse too......................because he hasn't done enough "seen" work for me and has about four good games in ten at most. Won't be missed by this old fart!!

You dont think his attraction to other sides could be that he is out of contract? And that if they had to pay a fee other Sides may not be interested...

Exactly...

And 9 years (his whole professional career) spent at City isn't loyalty enough for you?

No one is moaning about Stead not being loyal, but suddenly Skuse is such as bad person? this is ridiculous.

Jesus Christ... we've had endless posts about how shit he is how people will be outraged if he gets a contract "just because he's a Bristolian" and now there's a thread calling him a ****** (not quite, but i'm in a bad mood!) because he's a Bristolian and he's leaving! At the end of the day it's his job. It's probably best for both him and us if he goes and for me personally, he goes with my best wishes. Hopefully he'll become the player he once promised to be somewhere else

Here we go!! Did this really need a new thread? Cole Skuse is a City fan and a very decent bloke. I'm pretty sure you don't know him personally so I hate these personal attacks.

Cole Skuse has given most of his career to Bristol City, and he has had offers in the past to move. He hasn't. Fans need to move away from this "loyalty" bull. A footballers career is short, and yes they do make a lot of money, but with Skuse having just started a family, I'm sure he wants to make the rest of his life as financially secure as possible. Ocne a footballer has finished playing, its not as simple as that just moving into another job. Being a professional athlete I'm sure Cole would also like to apply his trade in the greatest leagues in the world, and with him being 27 time is running out for him to do so. The move to Ipswich is a good one for Cole, a team on the up and I'm sure more money.

Who can seriously blame him for wanting better things for his family and for himself after giving most of his career to this club?

Take off your City glasses and think about it realistically. Thank you for your time here Cole and good luck in YOUR career.

Once a red always a red

Yes obviously but clubs would still be interested if he was transfer listed with a 12 month contract and we could get maybe £250k for him.

CS will get a nice little signing on fee as a free agent rather than the club whos looked after him since his school days getting anything ......

Sorry i think it stinks

Ryan Burge has been, somewhat surprisingly, released by Port Vale. I saw him a few times on the tele least year and thought he was a cracking player. Tenacious and a good eye for a pass. He's originally from Cheltenham so relatively local and fits the age criteria. I seem to remember Posh were after him in January so he may well end up there but I, for one, wouldn't mind seeing him replace Skuse in our midfield.

Here we go!! Did this really need a new thread? Cole Skuse is a City fan and a very decent bloke. I'm pretty sure you don't know him personally so I hate these personal attacks.

I do know him personally actually and also his mates who played for Weston and been out countless times with them I just think he should have been a bit more loyal to BCFC allowing us to get a fee

I do know him personally actually and also his mates who played for Weston and been out countless times with them I just think he should have been a bit more loyal to BCFC allowing us to get a fee

I tend to slate people I know personally on public forums too, thats how I treat people I know personally. With this in mind, maybe its you that lacks loyalty not the other way around.

Talk about bitter! He's a fan yes. Football is also his career. Part of the reason he will be going to other clubs is because he is a free agent. I think most people here will have loyalty to their careers over City. If not, they are fools.

Discipline issues http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Ryan-Burge-leaves-Port-Vale-mutual-consent/story-18686124-detail/story.html#axzz2PiaD41PI

His grandad is or was on the board at Cheltenham iirc

He's had an interesting career thus far, that's for certain

Fair play RMLF, very poor discipline judging by that article. Good player though!

Let him get on with his career, Christ! If you were his son would you make him stay at City or would you want him to better his career in the Championship to more successful things? Stop being bitter about it. Good luck Skusey

Well I'm sure that you will tell him to his face when you next see him then.....

Jesus Christ... we've had endless posts about how shit he is how people will be outraged if he gets a contract "just because he's a Bristolian" and now there's a thread calling him a ****** (not quite, but i'm in a bad mood!) because he's a Bristolian and he's leaving! At the end of the day it's his job. It's probably best for both him and us if he goes and for me personally, he goes with my best wishes. Hopefully he'll become the player he once promised to be somewhere else

Very well said chipdawg.

Bang on the money.

Unrealistic expectations. Why should Cole Skuse give his employer money? (If a club pays a fee they will very likely not pay as much in wages).

Do you regularly turn down a payrise out of loyalty to an employer?

What if Cole was fed up with the way the club has been run or the way certain "fans" have trampled all over his back for what he sees as the lack of quality playing along side him, he sees an opportunity to make money and improve links for a club that he would one day like to return to. Or even make some more money for his family while he can. He's had 6 years on a championship wage plus whatever below that, that won't last him a lifetime. Can't knock anyone for putting family before club.

If he goes, good luck to him. 9 years is a great service and I look forward to welcoming him back to AG. Hopefully on our side.

Good luck to him

hope he gets the move he wants

Some posters on here need to get it into their heads

that football is just a JOB for players

John Terry talks all the time about his love for his club Chelsea

How long do you think he would stay there if they offered him just £20k a week!!!

would be gone in a flash

I don't mind or blame him for moving on at all (personally I'm quite glad of it). I actually think if he'd had a bit more ambition and desire to start with he'd have turned out a better player for us. We may even have sold him for a fee in the past.

What I do object to is that he has evidently been engineering this move since at least February and probably earlier. I'd have hoped his attention was on the fight to stay up, not on his future club. Has he really given his all knowing he was leaving?

I understand why he is going. If he doesn't move now he's always going to be wondering 'what if'. He will be labelled the flip side of loyal which is unambitious. He has been picked consistently by every manager he has played under, they can't all be wrong.

Good luck to him, it will be strange after so many years that he won't be here anymore.

Archived