IGNORED

Bikey Not Given New Contract. Mcmanus Released

BdR2000

How much do you think the club spent on Foster and Kelly?

Im sure signing a defender like Bikey on a free and topping his wage up would of been cheaper and more value for money

we could of signed him and still went down,

I would of thought Foster and Kelly's wages combined wouldn't even cover half of bikey's aledged wages

@Monkeh reread what i wrote

The club bought Foster and Kelly, Bikey would of been free.

both don't play in the same postion so you can not compare,

and the bottom line is we can't afford to pay that sort of wages, 52 weeks at 19k a week is 988k

Thats why we didn't sign him

Just by releasing those 3 players ( dyer,bikey,McManus) their wage bills would have been vastly reduced.

I can see a lot of players ending up without clubs if they don't reduce their wage demands. FFP means no one will be willing to pay them what the player/agent think they are worth.

How much do you think the club spent on Foster and Kelly?

Im sure signing a defender like Bikey on a free and topping his wage up would of been cheaper and more value for money

It isnt that simple. You give one player £19k a week and others will want more money.

Not to mention tjat is a sickening wage demand for a small club.

Monkeh how much do you think the club has wasted alone on TRANSFER FEES and WAGES for Kelly?

Then ADD Fosters TRANSFER FEES and WAGES and i imagine Bikey is cheaper and twice the player

Bikey wages = £988K per 1 season

Foster and Kelly both cost around £150K, and as they were signed post austerity regeme at BCFC and came from the SPL

where wages to non old frim clubs are notoriously low - I would estimate both are on around £3K pw basic.

so per season the joint wage cost is approx £300K (plus the £300K transfer fees) = £600K v £988K for Bikey

You do the maths

Monkeh how much do you think the club has wasted alone on TRANSFER FEES and WAGES for Kelly?

Then ADD Fosters TRANSFER FEES and WAGES and i imagine Bikey is cheaper and twice the player

I'd say there wont be much in it Kelly and Foster on £5/6k a week plus the £200/150k odd transfer fees. However both are younger and probably I'd say less eratic. I would of loved Bikey to sign but not on that plus the signing on fee.

Also how is it these two players fault? One was signed before Bikey came on loan and one was signed 9 months after his loan expired?

both don't play in the same postion so you can not compare,

and the bottom line is we can't afford to pay that sort of wages, 52 weeks at 19k a week is 988k

Thats why we didn't sign him

We didn't sign him because Lansdown said he wanted a longer contract., which boro offered.

Unless of course Lansdown was telling porkies

have heard from a contact in the know (i know how that sounds) that Bikey wanted 19k and nothing less if he were to sign for us

IMO if any football player in any league can't live on £5,000 a week then they are living far beyond their means. They really want to live in the real world and thank their lucky stars that they don't have to do a proper job for peanuts. I think there should be a maximum wage for each division and I have always thought that Jimmy Hill has a lot to answer for when the footballers union got the maximum wage scrapped.

Bikey wages = £988K per 1 season

Foster and Kelly both cost around £150K, and as they were signed post austerity regeme at BCFC and came from the SPL

where wages to non old frim clubs are notoriously low - I would estimate both are on around £3K pw basic.

so per season the joint wage cost is approx £300K (plus the £300K transfer fees) = £600K v £988K for Bikey

You do the maths

Take your point but add in the wages of Jody Morris and Mark Wilson too, then you have 4 players who have all come to us from the SPL and in my opinion delivered very little for us.

I'd rather we'd kept Joe Edwards, not signed any of these 4 and given Andre Bikey a year. It would also be a much closer sum then.

Both cost 100k ish both on around 3k a week so it works out at about 512k a season still a lot less then what bikes was demanding

Pretty sure the Kelly fee was reported round the 500,000 range then there signing fees etc, which in my opinon is to much for him.

Hes an alrite midfielder but nothing special imo and am sure that money could of been used better.

@Trl. Boro gave him a 1yr deal with another year if they want to keep him on.

@GrahamC Then there was kids Briggs and Wilson loaned from the prem, the Wolves bloke who broke his leg and then McManus again!!!!

The club wasted aload of money on defenders this season thro loans, give them there due they did try to sign mcfadzean and dragged it right out.

When Bikey was willing to sign but we have 2 stories on why he wasnt signed tho im thinking McInnes was telling the truth on.

Also isnt allgeded that Baldock cost the club a million?!?!!

Archived