IGNORED

Bikey Not Given New Contract. Mcmanus Released

BdR2000

No way should we have given into Bikey's demands. The club and Del did exactly the right thing in telling him where to go. Yes he was good for us, but still made mistakes and cost us goals. Hardly proved he deserved an outrageous deal.

As for McManus, he is utter horse shit. We must have wasted so much money on him in total. What was even more frustrating was that he was barely better than James Wilson, so why on earth DMC put so much faith in him I will never know.

Didn't Lansdown say Bikey never joined us because Boro offered him a longer contract??

What did we offer him , a fortnight ?!?!?!?

Indeed. I said at the time that SL was covering his own ass a lot in that interview.

Bikey (and lots of other centre-halves targetted by DMc) were not signed by the board as they suddenly had a panic and started thinking about the finances - whereas before it was all spend, spend spend.

SL suggested that DMc blew all of his budget on 2 strikers rather than sign a CB. Well, he signed the 2 strikers in late August having put 5 or 6 CB's to the board throughout the summer and not 1 was signed. Plus, I always thought SL said that the Managers weren't given a budget, instead the philosphy was always to identify a player and come to the board.

I think you'll find our SL was telling a few porkies during his recent interview.

Never mind, we move on. It's SL's prerogative to protect his own position.

For me it's just a damn same we've still got the same 4 CB's we started last season with, having offered deals to 2 of 'em!!!

have heard from a contact in the know (i know how that sounds) that Bikey wanted 19k and nothing less if he were to sign for us

both don't play in the same postion so you can not compare,

and the bottom line is we can't afford to pay that sort of wages, 52 weeks at 19k a week is 988k

Thats why we didn't sign him

And yet, we offered a similar wages to Baldock to join us.

And a day?
At the agm, mcinnes said he didn't even put bikey's demands to lansdown as mcinnes knew the budget and bikey and cisse were asking for stupid money compared to what was available. Nothing to do with lengths of contracts.

At the agm, mcinnes said he didn't even put bikey's demands to lansdown as mcinnes knew the budget and bikey and cisse were asking for stupid money compared to what was available. Nothing to do with lengths of contracts.

Well , unless I head SL wrong on his interview after the Hull game , it looks like someone's been telling porkies !

It isnt that simple. You give one player £19k a week and others will want more money.

Not to mention tjat is a sickening wage demand for a small club.

More the fool the club then. FFP will force all but the idiotic few to pay such stupid demands. Finally some sense could be coming back to football.

The high wage demand players who are clearly not good enough for the Prem, barely good enough for the Championship will have to either learn Russian, Arabic or Chinese and be prepared for regular long haul flights if they want to see their families because those will be the only places left for them.

Well , unless I head SL wrong on his interview after the Hull game , it looks like someone's been telling porkies !

It could be that they were both telling the truth. Im sure Bikey was talking to us at the end of the season, but wanted to much. Then he came back to train at the begining of the next season, maybe that was when he wanted a longer contract.

It could be that they were both telling the truth. Im sure Bikey was talking to us at the end of the season, but wanted to much. Then he came back to train at the begining of the next season, maybe that was when he wanted a longer contract.

Maybe nobody in football tells lies , who knows ?!!

Either way , it's done and dusted now. Centre backs and Bristol City eh !! Not the happiest marriage in the world is it !!

And yet, we offered a similar wages to Baldock to join us.

there's always a bit more hype in signing strikers though isnt there - so they could get paid more in order to join, to get them on board and create the buzz. Would there have been the atmosphere there was when Baldock was presented on the pitch if it were Bikey?

there's always a bit more hype in signing strikers though isnt there - so they could get paid more in order to join, to get them on board and create the buzz. Would there have been the atmosphere there was when Baldock was presented on the pitch if it were Bikey?

Baldock is on 19k a week? if that is anywhere near being true then he should definitely be sold at the earliest opportunity before his value plummets further. Absolutely ridiculous.

Archived