IGNORED

City's 'mount Rushmore'

AberRed

Hi there! First time poster, long time reader.

Interesting and abstract thought I read on a blog recently that I thought I would share with you. If, somewhere, somebody were to carve the faces of the four most influencial people in City's history into a rock face, as a monument to their work (akin to the US presidents at Mount Rushmore), who's faces would they be? They could be players, managers, chairmen, anyone associated with the club.

Who would be your four? My personal choice would certainly include Alan Dicks and John Atyeo, but for the final 2 places I would say it would be any 2 of Billy Wedlock, Gerry Gow, or any of the Ashton Gate 8! I really struggled to limit it to just four!

Who would be your choices? Being a younger supporter I may have overlooked some great figures from years gone by.

Dolman. Dicks.ateyo. wedlock. And a space for carey if he breaks ateyos record. I believe that the first four should be guaranteed places for their services to the club +the 5th should be reserved for the record appearance holder or somebody else who gives exceptional service.

Agreed.

TC , Harry Dolman , Deryn Coller , and.........................?

Yes, far from struggling to narrow it down to 4, I'm struggling to find 4.

It has to be someone who has really made a difference, I suppose the above 3 and Atyeo.

Anyway it says something about the club in recent decades that nobody qualifies. Though I suppose if we had been better on the pitch, Lansdowns millions would put him up there.

John Atyeo – for ability and loyalty

Harry Dolman and Steve Lansdown for keeping the club afloat

And finally, Bas Savage – for an unique form of amusement

Harry D, Deryn Coller, Terry Cooper, Alan Dicks and Jon Atyeo.

All synonymous with BCFC and TBH, we probably wouldn't be here at all without the first 3. Even if / when louis breaks big Jons' record, the fact he left would make me stick with Atyeo especially as there weren't substitutions in Atyeos' day.

If I had to remove any one, I would replace it with the figure 8 for obvious reasons.

Many legends mentioned Dolman, Ateyo, Dicks and Beryl Fudge a true representation of the greats in all the different aspects of our great football club. Beryl deserves her place a true city legend well said

Archived