IGNORED

Skuse Signs 3 Year Deal At Ipswich

Kid in the Riot

Good luck to the kid. Needed to part company with the club in my opinion. Hasn't given us value for money for a few seasons now. But this might be a chance for him to become the player many of us feel he should be by now.

I agree, whilst I never doubted his ability and am not surprised in the slightest to see him stay in The Championship - he has been going through the motions for a while now at City. Far too many stale performances in the last few years.

Good luck Cole.

Well again 'Jon atyeo is my dad' was right, he said this over 3 months ago. From my own knowledge about another player I expect negotiations have been going on since then or months before. I don't know if he was the first to mention Ipswich recently but he also says his source was right about Woolford and Palace bidding for Albert.

Just show there are rumours and rumours with substance.

It's disappointing to see a player that was here so long disappear but who knows, like Carey and Murray we could see him back. Doesn't deserve the stick he's gotten and I'd love to have had him here next season.

The "I didn't have to think too hard about the decision" part though is a bit insulting.

It's disappointing to see a player that was here so long disappear but who knows, like Carey and Murray we could see him back. Doesn't deserve the stick he's gotten and I'd love to have had him here next season.

....he is used to it, he did it every Saturday at 3pm

the deafening silence of people who said he wouldnt get a move to a championship club

I think you'll find people said he might well end up at a Championship club due to his perceived versatility.

That doesn't mean he'll ever be a regular starter or that overall he'll be any more successful or effective at his new club than he has been at City.

He may well have been signed as a useful filler in without the expectation of ever permanently making a position his own.

Good luck to him, hope it works out.

It was definitely time to move on from his perspective, will be interested to see how he performs for them and how the Ipswich fans take to him.

I think you'll find people said he might well end up at a Championship club due to his perceived versatility.

That doesn't mean he'll ever be a regular starter or that overall he'll be any more successful or effective at his new club than he has been at City.

He may well have been signed as a useful filler in without the expectation of ever permanently making a position his own.

Oh come on Noggers, you were extremely skeptical that Skuse would attract interest from the Championship. As it turns out he had several offers.

You called this one wrong.

Why slag off players who leave. Waste of energy.

I liked what he did for us on and off the field. He has a non glamourous role which is always going to go unnoticed by many. His flexibility to play a number of positions also can work against a player in the getting noticed stakes. Reminds me of the Phil Neville situation. If he is doing his job well it is the players around him who stand out.

Fact is we usually played better with him there. Good luck at Ipswich and I hope he joins that small group of ex-city players who go on to better things when they move on (and dont become hate figures for doing so).

Yeah, not a bad move for a crap player................. :facepalm:

Be fair even Woolford got a move to a championship club.

Skuse is a no risk gamble for an average championship club. He wont be first name on the team sheet and will most likely only be used as a squad player, exactly what many of his bashers on here said he should be used as. Fair play to him if he starts every game and dominates the league. But i'm confident in saying he wont.

PS i'm not a hater having met him he seemed like a very nice bloke, and I liked him as a squad player. just not first name on the team sheet.

Oh come on Noggers, you were extremely skeptical that Skuse would attract interest from the Championship. As it turns out he had several offers.

You called this one wrong.

.Did he? Which other Championship clubs offered him a contract?

If you look through my previous posts I think you'll find this isn't the first time I've said he might well end up at a moderate Championship club due to his versatility.

I still don't accept there has been widespread interest in him as rumoured by some, or that City received firm offers earlier in his career as rumoured by others, and these points have been the main thrusts of my comments on Skuse.

Best of luck to him, last season was one of his poorest for us but he's hardly unique in that respect.

I really can't understand the barbed comments, loads of players have contributed far less for City and cost us far more than him over the last six years.

I expect he'll be a regular in their side over all three years, unforeseen injuries permitting.

.Did he? Which other Championship clubs offered him a contract?

If you look through my previous posts I think you'll find this isn't the first time I've said he might well end up at a moderate Championship club due to his versatility.

I still don't accept there has been widespread interest in him as rumoured by some, or that City received firm offers earlier in his career as rumoured by others, and these points have been the main thrusts of my comments on Skuse.

He had 4 offers from championship clubs, which haven't been publicised who, skuse himself has said he had other championship offers.

But hey, why let the views of Football Managers get in the way of your agenda against local players.

He had 4 offers from championship clubs, which haven't been publicised who, skuse himself has said he had other championship offers.

But hey, why let the views of Football Managers get in the way of your agenda against local players.

And because he says he had other offers you believe him? It could be easily a case of a bit of a spin to negotiate a better deal with Ipswich since they were keen to sign which he is entitled to do.

This not allowed to criticise because he is a local lad is just total BS, some think he is great others dont. There is no agenda.

Archived