IGNORED

Baldock To Charlton

foghornred

How many penalties did Baldock score out of his 10 goals? Including penalties really distorts things in my view. If Skuse was the penalty taker it might make him look a prolific midfield goal-scorer although Cole would probably pass it sideways - very elegantly mind you! Pitman is a class finisher.

I genuinely think the main damage McIness did was selling Pitman and Bolasie and that's not from hindsight. A front line of Pitman, Stead and Bolasie with the money spent on Baldock / Davies directed into a creative midfielder and and central defender would have made for a very different season. The fleeting times Pitman needed to be played to his strengths and getting him to be track back and be a workhorse or, more ludicrously, playing him on the wing, just negated his strengths. I get the feeling that if even we had Messi some of our past managers would play him in central defence.

Much as I like him, Albert would have been on the bench as the impact player as Bolasie effects the game more directly and it's hard to accommodate both in the same team. Forget the issue about Bolasie wanting to be in London - the lad needed to feel valued, wanted and played. Simple as that. He scored a wonder goal in the run-in when we avoided relegation and was never given a proper run. We wasted an opportunity with these two and retaining Edwards would also have made a difference as well but not to the same extent.

This argument makes me laugh.......so doesnt Pitman take penalties then!!!!!

Where DO you get a 20-goal-a-season striker in league 1??

That is the question, isn't it?

Bournemouth bought some guy of Bristol City for £300,000.

What was his name, now ............. they never thought he was good enough .......... the name ........... damn it ............. Ah! Pit Bretman .......... was it?

:dunno:

Where DO you get a 20-goal-a-season striker in league 1??

That is the question, isn't it?

Bournemouth bought some guy of Bristol City for £300,000.

What was his name, now ............. they never thought he was good enough .......... the name ........... damn it ............. Ah! Pit Bretman .......... was it?

:dunno:

i hate to say but it was less than that !

Archived