IGNORED

Team You Would Like To See Next Year

marcofisher

So lets be realistic, no big transfers and well mostly be looking at the free transfer market, although Lansdown has said we will be competitive and have one of the biggest budgets in league one, still don't expect us to be making any Sam Baldock 1mill+ signings.

My team: 2 man midfield 442

--------------------Fon Williams------------------

Maloney---Turley-----M'Voto--Cunningham

Anderson-------Kelly-------Pack--------Bryan

------------------Taylor------Baldock-------------

Or a five man midfield:

----------------Elliot----Pack/Kelly---------------

Anderson------------Reid-----------------Bryan

------------------------Davies-----------------------

All done with spending nothing on transfer fees

Fon Williams- available for free, good experience at L1 and I feel at 26 that is still a good age for a keeper, will still be good at a championship level as he matures.

Turley- Out of contract at Forest Green, where he seems to earn raving reviews, would be we'll worth a gamble I feel as he woul be making a two division jump but the again look at Dwight Gayle for Peterborough. He fits in the 24 and under policy and is local and settled in the area at Forest Green, and can't be earning anywhere near what some of our players earn at forest green!

M'voto- 24 Out of contract at Oldham, still fairly young for a defender, fits in the youth policy, 6"4 a nice big defender what we need. Experienced at league one and at an age to push us and play in the championship.

I am hoping Nyatanga signs somewhere else as it would be so refreshing to have a new back line for me, Carey, J.Wilson and ...Fontaine would be hardly back backup for league one, I even rated James Wilson in championship despite all the stick he gets on here.

Marlon Pack- Out of contract playing for Cheltenham, not far away, all around midfielder like Kelly, would suit beautifully in a 442, I will be furious with the club if we don't go for a player like this, excelling in the league below, 22 years of age fits with the youth policy, I will be very disappointed if there is not even an attempt to get this player.

We also can put youth on the bench etc in league one, and if you look at those lineups there is only 2 players from two seasons ago, Elliot and Taylor, though Taylor is debatable, meaning we have overturned most of the overpaid squad, even if we did go down!

What would your team be?

Here is mine....

.......................................Fon Williams

Maloney................Maguire....... Golobart...........Cunningham

Judge..............Kelly/Elliot.......... Grigg...........Anderson

...............................Davies........ Donaldson

The new signing hopefuls ( unrealistic )

Fon Williams of Tranmere

Harry Maguire of Sheff Utd

Roman Golobart of Tranmere

Alan Judge of Notts County

Will Grigg of Wallsall

Clayton Donaldson of Brentford

All good players that would improve us.

Here is mine....

.......................................Fon Williams

Maloney................Maguire....... Golobart...........Cunningham

Judge..............Kelly/Elliot.......... Grigg...........Anderson

...............................Davies........ Donaldson

The new signing hopefuls ( unrealistic )

Fon Williams of Tranmere

Harry Maguire of Sheff Utd

Roman Golobart of Tranmere

Alan Judge of Notts County

Will Grigg of Wallsall

Clayton Donaldson of Brentford

All good players that would improve us.

Grigg is a striker, Apart from that looks like a good team not sure we would get them but still very good

So lets be realistic, no big transfers and well mostly be looking at the free transfer market, although Lansdown has said we will be competitive and have one of the biggest budgets in league one, still don't expect us to be making any Sam Baldock 1mill+ signings.

My team: 2 man midfield 442

Anderson-------Kelly-------Pack--------Bryan

------------------Taylor------Baldock-------------

I'm cool with that... apart from Taylor. Get rid of him and we're good.

I assume that the "under 24" policy on signings doesn't apply to keepers, seeing as they have a much longer career? (over 35 keepers quite common)

would be pretty stupid for the club to say no to someone like Fon Williams because he's 26....I mean Van Der Sar was still world class at 39.....

I assume that the "under 24" policy on signings doesn't apply to keepers, seeing as they have a much longer career? (over 35 keepers quite common)

I think we'd consider a little more on the Goalkeeper front but it would be nice to have the potential of an "up and coming" Goalkeeper for the first time ever. I think in any position as long as they're the right player/cost for the club they'll still be consider, 24 is just a preference, especially when the transfer involves a fee.

I hope you are right with the players you have identified mate.

It would seem barmy to me if the Club haven't compiled files having looked at every player under 24 in the 2 lower leagues and worked out who is good and who might be available.

How many players are we talking about?

approx 50 clubs - 10 to 20 players under 24 at each Club?

Can't think what else is involved in finding the players we need using full-time and other staff paid for by the Club.

GK Nicholls - Wigan LOAN

DR Moloney

DL Cunningham

CB Turley - FGR

CB Dunkley - Kiddy

CM Kelly CPT.

MR Gillies - Gateshead (star man of the Conference. 15 goals & 15 assits last season)

CM Pack - Cheltenham

CF Knott - Sunderland LOAN (hard working tagret man with a football brain. Good goal scoring record for Woking last season)

CF Redshaw - Morcombe

ML Bryan

SUBS: Anderson, Krans, Reid, Burns etc. etc.

This is what i wanna see. A young hungry team that would cost peanuts.

What a crazy thread!

None of us have any idea who O'Driscoll might be looking at. He's the type of manager who'll probably sign someone we've never heard of.

It fairly obvious that City need a dominant CB ( how long has that position been vacant?) but who that'll be is anyone's guess.

He'll also want to replace Skuse and once again that could be anyone.

He also needs 3 goalkeepers.

So.....my team would be.....

Ano

Cunningham, Ano, Fontaine, Moloney

Anderson, Pearson, Kelly ANO

Baldock, Taylor/Davies.

What a crazy thread!

None of us have any idea who O'Driscoll might be looking at. He's the type of manager who'll probably sign someone we've never heard of.

It fairly obvious that City need a dominant CB ( how long has that position been vacant?) but who that'll be is anyone's guess.

Ano

Baldock, Taylor/Davies.

The only thing crazy in thsi thread is your midfield pairing.

What a crazy thread!

Ano

Baldock, Taylor/Davies.

We won't need 3 goalkeepers, we'll ned 1 senior keeper and stick the yank on the bench,

If the senior keeper gets injured we'll loan one in, Theres no point wasting money on 2 keepers who aren't going to play we might as well use what little of our wage budge we have left to strengthern area's that are vital to the team

We won't need 3 goalkeepers, we'll ned 1 senior keeper and stick the yank on the bench,

If the senior keeper gets injured we'll loan one in, Theres no point wasting money on 2 keepers who aren't going to play we might as well use what little of our wage budge we have left to strengthern area's that are vital to the team

This x

Agreed, Gerken was just wage down the tin last year

Finally people have started agreeing with me :)

When I think you're right I'll agree Ralph :) ,

as with Castenhiera he's he's had pretty good reviews at u17 and u21 level, Making him number 2 would be a positive expereance for him and if we get a decent no1 in would be a great chance for him to learn and work closely with,

In an ideal world next season we will have a squad of 24,

2 gk, 2 lb, 2 rb, 4cb, 2lm, 2rm,4cm 1dmc 1amc 4cf

• Admin

If you read some of the recent statements there has been a slight backtrack on that policy

I bet Watford were glad they had 3 keepers last week.

I bet they werent, after how their 3rd choice keeper performed..!

They even left Amunia in goal injured in the Semi 2ng leg - which turned out to be a master stroke!

I can honestly say i will be devastated if i see Pearson again next season.

He is under contract. You clearly don't rate him, so why would anyone else feel the desire to take him off of our hands..?!

If you read some of the recent statements there has been a slight backtrack on that policy

It's not a set in stone, dyed in the wool unflixible transfer policy...! It is a preference (a sensible one)

I would be far more annoyed if we didn't sign someone who was an improvement, agailable and within budget JUST because he was say 26/27 years old.

The club is trying to go about things in the right way and should be applauded for their vision of the future, but it would be foolish to think that we are never going to sign anyone over the age of 24 and just plain petty to try and use that as a stick with which to beat the club!

I bet they werent, after how their 3rd choice keeper performed..!

They even left Amunia in goal injured in the Semi 2ng leg - which turned out to be a master stroke!

True !

However , the point is , had they only had 2 keepers on their books , they would have had no GK on the bench.

Not something that would occur too often I agree , but I'm a firm believer that you need two decent keepers in the squad , plus a young 'un (U21/development squad)

Does anyone?

That isn't really the point. He is here, under contract and unlikely to be "cherry picked" by another club.

Perhaps he will be more effective in L1, whereas he was off the pace at NPC level much of the time.

That isn't really the point. He is here, under contract and unlikely to be "cherry picked" by another club.

Perhaps he will be more effective in L1, whereas he was off the pace at NPC level much of the time.

I doubt it he is useless.

Archived