IGNORED

Aden Flint

glynriley

From that Sky article it seems to me that Swindon have taken up contract options on 4 players including Flint rather than the players having a choice in the matter.

Just means that Swindon have protected their interests and can now get a fee for them if they leave.

May be a patience game then. They are under pressure to cut the wage bill so may still want to sell him. But the longer it is without a bid coming in the lower the transfer fee might be.

I like Flint, would be a good addition to be honest. Not sure he's any better than league 1 just yet though so can't see many champ clubs going in for him? Surely Swindon won't be able to command much of a fee.

In all honesty I don't think we will go in for him. Don't know why, just don't think we will.

Swindon Advertiser are reporting that you are the bidding club.

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/10431619.Flint_submits_transfer_request/

That article seems to include enough detail to be believed. Would be a positive statement of intent if we could get him.

Just hope this summer doesn't go the same as last and we end up chasing a player for ages then being pipped at the post eg Keogh/Gerrard.

Our and Swindon's valuation can't be that far apart so we should just cough up what they want. If it's true he's handed in a transfer request then advantage us.

Simon Ferry would be a decent signing for any L1 side. Not as good as some would make out but definitely worth a look.

A fans favourite as he's completely bonkers.

This is all really quite depressing... For me.

How about Fodderingham as well whilst were asset stripping you :D

Archived