IGNORED

Aden Flint

glynriley

Presumably as we have our new philosophy in place this would have been a request for a certain type of CB by SOD, and a name suggested by Burt that has been scouted and deemed a fit. SOD obviously agrees with the choice and asked him to pursue the signing.

In the past we have all moaned about how we identify/sign players etc - so how about we just sit back and let the new appointments do their job and trust their judgment - if the signings proof crap we can then all revert to type and say how crap/wasteful/useless the club, but let's wait and see first.

Pretty sure I remember some Swindon fans saying how poor Sean Morrison was when he moved from them to Reading. He didn't tun out to be that bad!

It's called being bitter. Just like some of us with Bolasie.

It's called being bitter. Just like some of us with Bolasie.

Exactly , surely the only way to judge a player is with your own eyes , not what gets posted on forums.

I was only saying the other day , pretty much every name I've seen us linked with , I've never heard of !

For me , that makes it more interesting than knowing everything about a player. A bit like the old days before internet forums and blanket media coverage , the excitement of seeing new players and judging them for yourself is something I'm looking forward to.

As I have previously said - Swindon had the best defensive record in L1 last season conceding just 15 times at home, so he can't be that sh*t!

And as for turning circle/lack of pace I refer my dear readers to McCombe and Yeovil's CB pairing this season who won promotion!

McCombe was a bit of a flair player :)

Exactly , surely the only way to judge a player is with your own eyes , not what gets posted on forums.

I was only saying the other day , pretty much every name I've seen us linked with , I've never heard of !

For me , that makes it more interesting than knowing everything about a player. A bit like the old days before internet forums and blanket media coverage , the excitement of seeing new players and judging them for yourself is something I'm looking forward to.

Said the same the other day. Getting home from school, seeing we'd signed someone on Ceefax news in brief for £5k from Stockport and wondering who the ****in hell he was, then still having no idea of what he looked like until he came down the tunnel at AG for the first time. Happy days

If we sign him before end of June and give him 4year contract, does that mean he want be included in FFP for next season?.

Not sure when financial year ends for FFP and would make sense why so many clubs making moves in market already.

no he will players signed before Sept 2012 at the age of 24 and under who have a contract length 3 years or longer don't count

Really don't know why there is all this press talk about bids being turned down and the figures being mentioned. I would be pretty fuming if I was the board and Swindon were leaking all this out - really seems as if they are playing us along. Really there should be a professionalism with transfer dealings where it is mostly confidential.

Really don't know why there is all this press talk about bids being turned down and the figures being mentioned. I would be pretty fuming if I was the board and Swindon were leaking all this out - really seems as if they are playing us along. Really there should be a professionalism with transfer dealings where it is mostly confidential.

I'd would wager that nether board has leaked anything and that the papers are ether making it up or an agent has a loose mouth,

If Swindon are leaking info then its just to start a bidding war

I'd would wager that nether board has leaked anything and that the papers are ether making it up or an agent has a loose mouth,

If Swindon are leaking info then its just to start a bidding war

don't people from the press offices within the club get contacted to see if the information can get released?

I remember seeing Adam Baker saying something a few years ago saying that his phone was going mad with stupid transfer stories being asked about

From BBC Bristol Sport:

Sean O'Driscoll confirms interest in Aden Flint. After having offers rejected by Swindon "Do we increase the offer or do we look elsewhere"

I'd say elsewhere myself, its a lot of money to spend on one player while we are short in so many postions,

I'd say elsewhere myself, its a lot of money to spend on one player while we are short in so many postions,

A lot of mind games at this stage, Swindon wont want to keep a player who doesnt want to be there and us trying to call their bluff by making them accept a lower bid if they think we will look elsewhere

If we sign him before end of June and give him 4year contract, does that mean he want be included in FFP for next season?.

Not sure when financial year ends for FFP and would make sense why so many clubs making moves in market already.

its not possible to sign anyone before the end of june, since the window doesnt open until 1. july

He's a first ball winning centre-half - CHECK

He was part of a dominating defence - CHECK

He has improved considerably over the last 12 months - CHECK

He is under 24 and still improving - CHECK

That said, I don't think we should be going much higher, although Alfreton get a sell-on fee which probably isn't helping.

A lot also do. I've heard a lot of positives (work in Swindon).

only the rumoured fee mate, and if you think we picked up boom boom for 5k 300k is alot,

if there is every an example of a club where money doesn't buy sucsess its us,

I'm sure we have more the one option

only the rumoured fee mate, and if you think we picked up boom boom for 5k 300k is alot,

if there is every an example of a club where money doesn't buy sucsess its us,

I'm sure we have more the one option

Agree to a point Monkeh , but wouldn't it be nice if we could get some of our preferred targets rather than always moving on to options 2 , 3 or 4. ??

Archived