IGNORED

Brentford Or Yeovil For Promotion?

red66

I would also hate Yeovil to be the highest placed west country team in the country.

That is what BCFC should be..

You have to earn that right. If Yeovil get promoted they deserve to have that label.

It's that sort of arrogance you often see from fans like Sheffield Wednesday/Leeds, believing they deserve to be in the Premier League purely due to the size of their club.

You have to earn that right. If Yeovil get promoted they deserve to have that label.

It's that sort of arrogance you often see from fans like Sheffield Wednesday/Leeds, believing they deserve to be in the Premier League purely due to the size of their club.

Ofcourse they will have deserved it, however our club is the biggest and best supported in the west country there for we should be number 1.

We aren't because we haven't deserved it.

Yeovil have had my support all season, Gary is clearly L1 Manager of the Season, even beating Eddie Howe purely due to the contrast in budgets each have been allocated.

However, the team I usually want to go up in the Play-Off final usually tends to lose, so I'm not getting my hopes up. I guess the consolation would be that we'd be guaranteed a good away day next year.

You know Brentford have the lowest budget in the league, right?

EDIT: Will have one of the biggest next year... Get them out of L1.

You know Brentford have the lowest budget in the league, right?

Really? I've never really though about it in all honesty, but considering the amount of neutrals I've seen referring to Yeovil's budget and the job Gary has done, I've always assumed that Brentford have had an average sized L1 budget. If that's the case though, both managers' have worked wonders.

I think Bradford are a good side, but people are making them out to be better than they are because of their cup run.

That is all.

when you outplay and beat the Arsenal first team, then beat Aston Villa over 2 legs, they have every right to be a deemed a very good team, today's result further enforces that.

Shame Bradford have gone up though, big club who will be likely contenders next season for another play off push and with FFP they could well have a bigger budget than us

when you outplay and beat the Arsenal first team, then beat Aston Villa over 2 legs, they have every right to be a deemed a very good team, today's result further enforces that.

Shame Bradford have gone up though, big club who will be likely contenders next season for another play off push and with FFP they could well have a bigger budget than us

outplayed Arsenal?

Arsenal would of ripped them to shreds at the Emirates just like Swansea did at Wembley.

Really? I've never really though about it in all honesty, but considering the amount of neutrals I've seen referring to Yeovil's budget and the job Gary has done, I've always assumed that Brentford have had an average sized L1 budget. If that's the case though, both managers' have worked wonders.

I was also surprised, but yes, they have the smallest budget.

Bradfords game with Arsenal in the league cup this season -

Possession:

37& - 63%

Shots:

5 vs 28

Shots on target:

3 vs 12

Corners:

3 vs 12

How is that Bradford outplaying Arsenal?

The stats mean bugger all. If you looked at stats this season we had more possession than a lot of teams.

The stats mean bigger all. If you looked at stats this season we had more possession than a lot of teams.

Outplayed considering they had 3 shots on target and just 5 all game? They didn't outplay Arsenal.

They took their chance and Arsenal didn't, that was all. Anyway the game was decided via a Penalty shoot-out so that's definitely not outplaying the opposition.

The way I see it,brentford,(a cockney team),or a local rival who is managed by one of our most succesful managers of recent times,for me it has to be yeovil(still a soft spot for mr bounce around the ground)!

Same :) Yoevil all the way

Yeovil for me. Two reasons - Gary J, and I live in London and will definitely be doing Brentford away if they stay down. Great away trip, but in all fairness, I've got a lot of time for Brentford as a club and I wouldn't have any qualms if they got promoted, especially considering what happened to them against Doncaster.

outplayed Arsenal?

Arsenal would of ripped them to shreds at the Emirates just like Swansea did at Wembley.

outplayed Arsenal?

Would have, could have but

DIDN'T

Possession means nothing if you don't use it properly, don't you even listen to our own manager.

if it wasn't for the Cup form and the distractions that brings there can be little doubt that they would have finished higher in the division.

Playing at a Wembley Full house once already this season will no doubt put the players in good stead for today's game, whereas the Northampton players will still be trying to take it all and trying not to freeze on the day.

Still beating Arsenal and Villa over 2 legs obviously counts for nothing to some.

would of, could of, but DIDN'T.

82k - pretty much full house. My point stands.

And for a bonus you've only gone to prove your petulance and stupidity.

I wasn't on about the Wembley attendance... I was on about how you said IF they weren't in the cup they would of finished higher.

Like you said to my post, could of, should of, but didn't.

BJ has lost the plot on this thread.

lost the plot? how?

You've said Bradford outplayed Arsenal when they really never, won on penalties and were dominated for 120 minutes.

Bowie said would of, could of, but didn't when I said Arsenal would of battered them at the Emirates like Swansea did at Wembley

Bowie said they would of been higher in the league had they not had a cup run... I replied with would of, could of, but didn't.

My point stands, Bradford finished 7th so they aren't as good as people are making out. Simple.

lost the plot? how?

You've said Bradford outplayed Arsenal when they really never, won on penalties and were dominated for 120 minutes.

Bowie said would of, could of, but didn't when I said Arsenal would of battered them at the Emirates like Swansea did at Wembley

Bowie said they would of been higher in the league had they not had a cup run... I replied with would of, could of, but didn't.

My point stands, Bradford finished 7th so they aren't as good as people are making out. Simple.

So you don't think if they wouldn't of played so many cup games they would of finished a lot higher? They played 65 games. Only Chelsea played more.

So you don't think if they wouldn't of played so many cup games they would of finished a lot higher? They played 65 games. Only Chelsea played more.

They may of but they didn't. That is my point.

We will never know, I will never know if they would of got battered at Arsenal either.

The fact is over 46 games they were the 7th best team in League Two. They are a decent side as they have the best striker in that division.

lost the plot? how?

And I actually said....if it hadn't been for the cup they could of....,so your agreeing with my earlier point to make your point.

Bottom line is reaching Major Cup final, defeated 3 premier leagues teams and promoted to League 1. Proves they are a very good side,

And not a suprise among the favourites already to get back to back promotion

And I actually said....if it hadn't been for the cup they could of....,so your agreeing with my earlier point to make your point.

Bottom line is reaching Major Cup final, defeated 3 premier leagues teams and promoted to League 1. Proves they are a very good side,

And not a suprise among the favourites already to get back to back promotion

very good side? They were in League Two!!

If they are a very good side, teams in the championship must be oustanding and teams in the premier league must be incredible?

They are a decent side, nothing else.

They may of but they didn't. That is my point.

We will never know, I will never know if they would of got battered at Arsenal either.

The fact is over 46 games they were the 7th best team in League Two. They are a decent side as they have the best striker in that division.

Tom Pope scored 9 more league goals (31) which is a significant increase of Wells (22)

Super was right

Archived