IGNORED

Potential Outgoing Contracted Players

Know the Score

Been looking around the football forum/rumor sites this morning and noticed a recurring rumor that seems to be gathering pace and may well please many City fans. Liam Fontaine, Neil Kilkenny and Baldock are now all linked heavily with moves away from Ashton Gate.

• Gary Johnson looks to raid old club Bristol City for Fonts (apparently he's keen for as new challenge and to work with GJ again) and Kilkenny.

• Sammy looks likely to link up with ex-keeper Tom Heaton at Burnley, as Sean Dyshe is thought to want to hold talks with him for a quick fire return to the championship.

Anyone heard about anybody else wanting to jump ship? I'm worried come start of season, we wont be able to field a team!

Funnily enough both Kilkenny and Fontaine seem to be relatively well rated by other clubs. On the face of it, from the outside Fontaine looks good - 100s of first team experience, ex-captain, linked with big moves in the past, was decent in the past - I reckon some clubs could take a punt on him - if they haven't seen him play this season!

I am one of few that like Kilkenny it seems but if it means we can get rid of some heavy wages on two players we can replace and progress without (not like it could get any worse with most of Fontaines performances last year) then where do I sign to hand them over?

Baldock I think would do well in L1 however again is he now more of a luxury than a requirement? Debatable.

Fonts can start jogging, Kilkenny might be worth trying to keep hold of in L1 (although there are probs better options out there) - but is not good enough in Championship IMO. As for Baldock as long as we make our money back, I wouldn't mind him going either.

i can remember SOD saying that he was keen to keep the spine of the team for league one football, but what i can see of it, were loosing everyone? I think Sammy will get goals for us next year all by himself! He like the Chopra for league one in my opinion, proved on one level but would struggle to perform on the step up...

having watched this team underperform for too many seasons - especially when the players we had were brought in with so much promise (Kilkenny) we need to really clear it all out and start again - only the full backs Maloney and Cunningham would be on my 'keep at all costs' list.

sadly Baldock ended up looking like another striker on the very long and tiring list of 'quality players' we have ruined.

the fee for the combined deal for fonts and kilkenny is thought to be around 500k......is that fair?

This better not be a wind up !!

I'd snap your arm off for that sort of money for that pair.

i can remember SOD saying that he was keen to keep the spine of the team for league one football, but what i can see of it, were loosing everyone? I think Sammy will get goals for us next year all by himself! He like the Chopra for league one in my opinion, proved on one level but would struggle to perform on the step up...

The team had a spine?!

nope serious, its being posted around quite a lot...to be fair when i was reading these posts i was a little taken back by the whole thing(in shock), but like someones already mentioned Fonts carries a reputation with him when other clubs look at him and Neil is always well known with his time at Leeds..... funnily enough the one midfielder that Norwich failed to sign from Leeds...

the fee for the combined deal for fonts and kilkenny is thought to be around 500k......is that fair?

Not at all fair.

I don't think we should have to pay more than £200,000 for someone to take them off our hands!

Been looking around the football forum/rumor sites this morning and noticed a recurring rumor that seems to be gathering pace and may well please many City fans. Liam Fontaine, Neil Kilkenny and Baldock are now all linked heavily with moves away from Ashton Gate.

• Gary Johnson looks to raid old club Bristol City for Fonts (apparently he's keen for as new challenge and to work with GJ again) and Kilkenny.

• Sammy looks likely to link up with ex-keeper Tom Heaton at Burnley, as Sean Dyshe is thought to want to hold talks with him for a quick fire return to the championship.

Anyone heard about anybody else wanting to jump ship? I'm worried come start of season, we wont be able to field a team!

My thoughts are it would further cement GJ as a City legend, in my eyes, if he took those two off our hands. I'd be absolutely over the moon if we sold Fontaine this summer.

What chances Del comes back in for Foster, too, and a return to Aberdeen?

Too much to ask?! :blink:

How can anyone seriously believe that Yeovil will pay £500k?

I'm pretty sure they have only paid two fees for players in the whole 10 years since they joined the FL, and one of them was Paddy Madden who cost £20K!

It was widely reported yesterday that their wage bill was amongst the lowest in League One and they averaged under 4,500 last season for goodness sake.

I'd be surprised if they paid £100k for anyone this summer, so perhaps it should have read £50k?

As for departures I think Adomah is obviously a dead cert, Davies is likely and after that we are in the "tales of the unexpected" territory.

My guess would be that James Wilson and Marvin might well go.

having watched this team underperform for too many seasons - especially when the players we had were brought in with so much promise (Kilkenny) we need to really clear it all out and start again - only the full backs Maloney and Cunningham would be on my 'keep at all costs' list.

sadly Baldock ended up looking like another striker on the very long and tiring list of 'quality players' we have ruined.

It will be a long road back if we go for complete change, as the Gas have found out. Without a spine to the team, I think we would be looking at a few years of recovery rather than a quick return to the higher level. Few teams succeed immediately if they have to make wholesale change.

I would not be surprised if we saw a different and much better Kilkenny playing for City next season. He's a decent footballer who wants to play in a passing team. If O'Driscoll is building a side similar to his Bournemouth and Doncaster sides then Kilkenny would fit right in. If he's played in a role to which he is suited he should do much better.

The players at the club are better than people think. They've been on a downward spiral for the past few seasons and the team has lacked players in important positions which has made it hard for the others to shine. The club has a good manager in place now who knows what players will be needed to complement those already here. Bringing those players in is another matter but if they can do it then I think the team will surprise a few people.

How can anyone seriously believe that Yeovil will pay £500k?

I'm pretty sure they have only paid two fees for players in the whole 10 years since they joined the FL, and one of them was Paddy Madden who cost £20K!

It was widely reported yesterday that their wage bill was amongst the lowest in League One and they averaged under 4,500 last season for goodness sake.

I'd be surprised if they paid £100k for anyone this summer, so perhaps it should have read £50k?

As for departures I think Adomah is obviously a dead cert, Davies is likely and after that we are in the "tales of the unexpected" territory.

My guess would be that James Wilson and Marvin might well go.

Good point. But to be honest id drive fontaine to Yeovil myself if they offered 5k, let alone 50.

It will be a long road back if we go for complete change, as the Gas have found out. Without a spine to the team, I think we would be looking at a few years of recovery rather than a quick return to the higher level. Few teams succeed immediately if they have to make wholesale change.

Norwich had 6 players left about 1 week before they start their L1 campaign. ;)

Lost 1-7 to Colchester United and the rest is history.

The players we have left are mentally weak, proved in so many games this season and I don't think the best manager in the world could help them regain confidence/a winning mentality.

Keep Moloney, Cunningham, Anderson & the young kids, get rid of the rest and get some 'mentally tough' players in.

Can Yeovil afford Either players wages Doubtful Fonts or Killkenny must be on £10 to £15k a week here so i would be very suprised to see them moving south

Fonts won't be on anywhere near that much - But Killa may well be! I think Yeovil will afford Fonts, and hopefully make it happen - Can see Killa going to Millwall or something!

Fonts won't be on anywhere near that much - But Killa may well be! I think Yeovil will afford Fonts, and hopefully make it happen - Can see Killa going to Millwall or something!

fonts got a new contract after southampton turned him down, so I'd of thought he was offered a large wedge to stay

Archived