IGNORED

Jamie Mac - Louis Carey

dafarms

I think Jamie Mac as proved that age does not matter in League one, and that you do not have to be the fastest. I think Louis will be a solid CB next year when required,and has the experince, that will be needed to help any of our young ones next year.

If this has been covered before, with comparisan to Jamie Mac, then I apologise, if not, your thoughts ???

I think Jamie Mac as proved that age does not matter in League one, and that you do not have to be the fastest. I think Louis will be a solid CB next year when required,and has the experince, that will be needed to help any of our young ones next year.

If this has been covered before, with comparisan to Jamie Mac, then I apologise, if not, your thoughts ???

I'm actually glad Louis got a new deal, He'll be that experienced head helping the 'new' team gel, What better player to have who has a passion for the club drilling it into the mind of the new signings, And he could do a job if needed

I'm actually glad Louis got a new deal, He'll be that experienced head helping the 'new' team gel, What better player to have who has a passion for the club drilling it into the mind of the new signings, And he could do a job if needed

Have Louis or Tanglefoot actually signed their deals yet?

Offering Carey a new contract is madness, as it was for this season (the boards doing not Dels).

He has been a great servant but time was up 2 seasons ago. Too slow, gives away too many free kicks around the box getting turned and part of the dressing room 'player power' culture we need to condemn to the past.

im sad to learn carey has got a new deal, he only played about 10 games last year, will no doubt be injured, and due to his age take longer to recover from his injuries !! hardly helping the team to gel ........

You can still go to training if you're injured! We will need some experienced players without Louis are next oldest player would be Marvin then Kilkenny I believe, all the others would be 24 or under, This team will need some leadership off the field SoD isn't that type of manager. and having Carey there will help out SoD

Every team needs a couple of experienced heads to help the youngsters not get too carried away if in good form and help them recover from a bad run of form, I'm not saying he has to play every game if he can be used as backup.

The new young players will see the benefit of having someone with a passion for the club helping them settle, and hopefully they show the same passion as he has done for every season he's been here.

The anti-Carey brigade are at it again!

He may not be Rio Ferdinand or even Jamie Carragher but he remains a better player than all of the other centre backs we played last season with perhaps an honourable exception for Nyatanga when he was on form just after SO'D started.

We will need an experienced pro or 2 for the youngstets (don't be surprised if we buy another over 30 regular) and Carey fits the bill.

He is local, he supports the club plus he knows the history, good & bad.

SO'D isn't daft & 34 or 35 is not that old for a pro who looks after himself.

He may not be Rio Ferdinand or even Jamie Carragher but he remains a better player than all of the other centre backs we played last season with perhaps an honourable exception for Nyatanga when he was on form just after SO'D started.

We will need an experienced pro or 2 for the youngstets (don't be surprised if we buy another over 30 regular) and Carey fits the bill.

So I'm not the only one who looks past the playing side, He can definitely play once a fortnight, I doubt he'll be on too much wage either

part of the dressing room 'player power' culture we need to condemn to the past.

Spot on old_eastender.

My problem with Carey is not his age or lack of ability, and certainly not his commitment on the pitch (unlike some).

It is and always has been this.

having Carey there will help out SoD

Are you sure?

I'm not.

Spot on old_eastender.

My problem with Carey is not his age or lack of ability, and certainly not his commitment on the pitch (unlike some).

It is and always has been this.

Are you sure?

I'm not.

SoD won't be the voice of the dressing room, Carey will be, Having Carey there will help out SoD as he will be that voice, Getting the players fired up,

Also having him, He could share his passion for the club to the new younger players, And hopefully make them play with the same passion as he does

..i was hoping that this season would be time to move forwards,and importantly,change the culture in the dressing room which has been stated by some at the club to be a priority.how does keeping louis on achieve this???surley if dressing room politics has been recognised as a problem here then how does this equate????

That says it all. He's not bad, but for him to be regarded as the best we have clearly shows the need to replace and recruit strongly in that dept.

For me the question is - will Lewis C "support" the manager? When new blood comes in (SOD) and changes the way things are done, people who have been there longer don't always like it and can resist the changes and start lobbying people to support that resistance - in other words, the manager could be undermined.

I just hope Lewis C is not one of those people. Being the voice of the dressing room will be fine - if he genuinly supports SOD's way of doing things. If he doesn't - well - trouble lies ahead.

I sometimes have the feeling that something similar could have undermined Millen and McInnes (I would like to qualify this by saying I am not inferring that it was Lewis).

..i was hoping that this season would be time to move forwards,and importantly,change the culture in the dressing room which has been stated by some at the club to be a priority.how does keeping louis on achieve this???surley if dressing room politics has been recognised as a problem here then how does this equate????

I don't think Carey is a player who's thoughts are

1.Paypack

2.Next Club

3.Current Club

When people go on about this its the players like Fontaine, Kilkenny, Foster who have that mindset, Having someone who has the club first in the dressing room will help the youngsters get to grip with the luxurious lifestyle and bring them back down to earth

Spot on

Interesting to see how he went out of his way on social media to congratulate not only Macca and Joe Edwards but GJ too ... strange if he was such a part in his downfall. Also made reference to the pic of Macca lifting the trophy saying 'us next year' or something similar ... sounds like he's pretty committed to me.

I don't think Carey is a player who's thoughts are

1.Paypack

2.Next Club

3.Current Club

When people go on about this its the players like Fontaine, Kilkenny, Foster who have that mindset, Having someone who has the club first in the dressing room will help the youngsters get to grip with the luxurious lifestyle and bring them back down to earth

..i agree that he is clearly City through and through-keeping him for one more aint what we need to see.the decks needing to be cleared,fresh start from every aspect.someone of such club standing in a dressing room does have a voice,but when that dressing room has been severely criticised in its attitude then its unavoidable that louis being there has either(a)added to that problem.or(b)failed to act with managment to correct the problems..as a "senior"this goes with the land..

Archived