IGNORED

The Vision

There are people on this forum that should FOCUS.

Onward and upward I say, I may contemplate a season ticket despite the extra expense of travel. If cash wasn't an issue I would certainly be a season ticket holder.

Well done the staff at Bristol City Football Club for listening an acting on supporters views.

Talk about cynical,maybe this is the new broom we have been needing for years,of course only time will tell,but to just dismiss everything is some what premature. Personally I will give it time to all come together,here's hoping.

SOD appears to be the catalyst for change, and has recognised the need for an individual like Burt to take control.

Talk of vision is fine but we need to now see short and long term goals and our progress against them for the vision to be relevant.

Well, SOD has alluded several dozen times to the fact the vision was the catalyst to him joining...

We still don't get to hear a single word from our Chairman? The club put a video together about where they want to be and a vision and he's not a part of it? It's been asked so many times before on here but where is he? And if the club are listening so much they why aren't they answering this?

Also... why is it filmed 4:3? Looks five years old already.

We still don't get to hear a single word from our Chairman? The club put a video together about where they want to be and a vision and he's not a part of it? It's been asked so many times before on here but where is he? And if the club are listening so much they why aren't they answering this?

Also... why is it filmed 4:3? Looks five years old already.

Lansdown has answered this I believe ,

When there was a q and a at wolves so one should be able to fill u in,

I think it was that he isn't and doesn't like public speaking and that his health hasn't been the best this year

Does anyone know JL's background?

Apart from the obvious nepotism, is he qualified to be doing his job?

Well his linked in account suggests he went to Southampton Uni until 2005, then did f all until 2011, when he became the executive director of Bristol City.

Gotta be one of the worst linkedin profiles I have ever seen :laugh:

Does anyone know JL's background?

Apart from the obvious nepotism, is he qualified to be doing his job?

I don't know how I know but I thought he had some sort of business degree from Southampton university, so he has qualifications on paper as well as what he has learnt from his dad about finance and football businesses. I could be totally wrong though and stand to be corrected.

Edit: as I was writing this TRL confirmed it almost

• Admin

Very positive to see female members of staff in key positions - Amy Kington both articulate and positive

From what I have been told, Amy Kington is one of the best & most hardworking employees at the club and we are lucky to have her. One of those people who is always working, even when they aren't necessarily supposed to be. :)

I thought it was going to be more of a comedy "The Office" type film when Dave L started with "...the LAST COUPLE of years....". Try a lifetime.

That said, as long as it represents the actual plans of the club, and not just some flannel to sell STs, I applaud their efforts. Certainly a more realistic vision than the "be a major force in European football in 10 years" from yesteryear.

The only other thing that struck me was the size of the v in Dave L's v-neck. Did he borrow it from someone with a head the size of Beyonce's arse?

Good to see there was no target mentioned for the coming season, just a long term look at the job in hand.

I wouldn't expect to be looking near to the top end of this league for at least 2 years, there is a club to build first, that is not going to happen in 3 months.

I don't know how I know but I thought he had some sort of business degree from Southampton university, so he has qualifications on paper as well as what he has learnt from his dad about finance and football businesses. I could be totally wrong though and stand to be corrected.

Edit: as I was writing this TRL confirmed it almost

I don't think going to Uni and studying business means you are qualified for an MD role. Nowhere else would someone land this role as their first job, which gives rise to the question is he the best candidate? I'd say no.

I don't think going to Uni and studying business means you are qualified for an MD role. Nowhere else would someone land this role as their first job, which gives rise to the question is he the best candidate? I'd say no.

I didn't say I agreed with it, or not. I don't have a say. If it were a building firm for example it would be no surprise to see S. Lansdown & Son on the side of a van, so we can hardly be surprised. I think Jon comes across well and is a genuine fan, but I have no knowledge of what other roles he has experienced at the club.

Well his linked in account suggests he went to Southampton Uni until 2005, then did f all until 2011, when he became the executive director of Bristol City.

I know that from 2006 onwards he was employed at Hargreaves Lansdown in a lower-middle Management capacity.

I know that from 2006 onwards he was employed at Hargreaves Lansdown in a lower-middle Management capacity.

Like I said, poor linkedin profile hasn't even bothered to fill the missing years in.

Must be great having a dad that creates vacancies for you or just gives you the job.

how the hell do you get a managerial role straight from Uni? :laugh: shocking bit of nepotism

Like I said, poor linkedin profile hasn't even bothered to fill the missing years in.

Must be great having a dad that creates vacancies for you or just gives you the job.

how the hell do you get a managerial role straight from Uni? :laugh: shocking bit of nepotism

Lets face it, with his dads wealth he doesn't really need to 'work' does he!

What are you going to do about it then, TRL? I think any fan really knows this is part of the deal with SL finding us.

Really struggle with those constantly posting on here but who say they won't be going anymore.

What are you going to do about it then, TRL? I think any fan really knows this is part of the deal with SL finding us.

Really struggle with those constantly posting on here but who say they won't be going anymore.

nowt, up to SL who he puts in charge. His club, and was his business along with Hargreaves. Just wondered how you get a lower to middle managers job straight from uni.

What has not going any more got to do with posting on here? what is the correlation?

I have already said i would go away, just not to AG.

So because I don't go to home games, that automatically means I can have no opinion about anything? Strange concept.

Worked at Hargreaves prior to City, wasn't the most popular person there, mainly due to feelings on how he got a his position and was jumped over better qualified and more expereinced people, similar happened when he joined City and its no suprise that in the back office there has been a big turn over of staff since he's been there and alot of long term staff have all moved on or been shunted out,

Shouter not a listener.

As for the video, all very good but it's just your typical sales spin which is needed as this time of year, I appreciate Dave L's efforts, but it's no suprise that all this 'fan friendly ethos' has happened when on the field we were in the shit and ST sales were upcoming.

You can bet your dollar, the moment things turn around on the field, Bristol City Customers will be them feeling the force of 'commerical decision"

Call me a cynic but for me, the whole thing has been one big marketing ploy to get fans onside and giving them the lip service they need to get ST sales going,

Worked at Hargreaves prior to City, wasn't the most popular person there, mainly due to feelings on how he got a his position and was jumped over better qualified and more expereinced people, similar happened when he joined City and its no suprise that in the back office there has been a big turn over of staff since he's been there and alot of long term staff have all moved on or been shunted out,

Shouter not a listener.

As for the video, all very good but it's just your typical sales spin which is needed as this time of year, I appreciate Dave L's efforts, but it's no suprise that all this 'fan friendly ethos' has happened when on the field we were in the shit and ST sales were upcoming.

You can bet your dollar, the moment things turn around on the field, Bristol City Customers will be them feeling the force of 'commerical decision"

Call me a cynic but for me, the whole thing has been one big marketing ploy to get fans onside and giving them the lip service they need to get ST sales going,

Well firstly it was with great sadness that I learnt of the passing of 'Trevor Bolder' on Monday of this week

Secondly I do think the club has to get bums on seats but also it was good to see the ethos clearly explained by all.

Cynical, yes maybe, but I did find it a well put together video.

Fans complain the club doesn't communicate.

Club communicates.

Fans complain the club is only communicating to sell stuff.

Some of us love a good moan :)

Next they'll be giving the Season Tickets away foe free and people will moan that they should of done. it earlier and how they have had a ST for 50 years and always paid for it why does that have to change?

OTIB logic for you

Whats with all this nieve "not sure how you get a lower middle management job straight from uni" crap.

Isnt that all you need these days, or appears to be? Seen it many times to be honest and I'm sure lots of others on here have too.

The modern world I'm afraid, let's judge them all on results not prejudice please.

Gotta say for some odd reason I've become reasonably optimistic all of a sudden, but time will tell!

Archived