IGNORED

To Dave L - Pre-Match Music Etc.

BRISTOL86

Dave

Are there any plans afoot for a shake up of the pre-match "routine" in terms of music, etc?

I haven't held a season ticket since 08-09 due to other committments but managed to make a couple of games last season for the first time in 2/3 years, and I was amazed to find we were still playing the same songs and pre-player entrance music as we did 3/4/5 seasons ago!

I know it's only a few songs but there seems to be a wave of "out with the old" sweeping through the club - for the better in my opinion (for what it's worth) - and I was wondering whether this area was one on the radar? It just all felt a bit stale.

This season will be the first time in a few years that I am able to get a season ticket, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing some of the new changes that are taking place.

Cheers

The music we have for the few minutes before the "fanfare" is old and dull in my opinion, definitely needs a refresh!

What then?

Not some modern song that only the youngsters know. Something like that wouldn't go down well.

Get Come on you Reds going at the start of every home game, stop the music with 5 mins to go. Then as the players are just about to break from the huddle/fist punching build it up from the announcer... Then

COOOMMMEEEE OOOOOONN YOOOOOOOUU REEEEEEEEEDSSS!!!

Like what used to happen years ago, gave the game a lift at the start and got the dulmoan involved.

Villa did a vote amongst their fans last year about walk out music. They produced a short list of five I think, then asked fans to vote for their favourite. Would people be in favour of doing a similar thing here?

Villa did a vote amongst their fans last year about walk out music. They produced a short list of five I think, then asked fans to vote for their favourite. Would people be in favour of doing a similar thing here?

Seems a reasonable proposal

Muse Knights of Cydonia.

I hadn't heard it before it was played a couple of times, think it was the season before last, when our backs were against the wall. The lyrics are all about fighting to survive and no one is going to take us alive, time to put things right. Stirring sort of stuff. Gets my vote.

Edit: if I could change one thing it would be the fact we have a walk out and those bloody awful handshakes at all. Nothing, but nothing like seeing your team run out from the tunnel to a wall of noise. The pre-match niceties really take the sting out of the build up, no wonder we all, fans and players, seem half asleep at times.

Muse Knights of Cydonia.

I hadn't heard it before it was played a couple of times, think it was the season before last, when our backs were against the wall. The lyrics are all about fighting to survive and no one is going to take us alive, time to put things right. Stirring sort of stuff. Gets my vote.

Edit: if I could change one thing it would be the fact we have a walk out and those bloody awful handshakes at all. Nothing, but nothing like seeing your team run out from the tunnel to a wall of noise. The pre-match niceties really take the sting out of the build up, no wonder we all, fans and players, seem half asleep at times.

I'm with you on this. Screw being nice to the opponents, have a match-day draw for ST holders, with the prize being allowed to get pitch-side and lamp their goalie as they come out of the tunnel.

I'm with you on this. Screw being nice to the opponents, have a match-day draw for ST holders, with the prize being allowed to get pitch-side and lamp their goalie as they come out of the tunnel.

Aww does it have to be the goalie, I like goalies. Most interesting position on the pitch and they have to be a bit mad.otherwise your idea is a goer ha ha

Bournemouth did a similar thing, with an option to send in your own request under the option 'other', the vote was then sabotaged, as shown here. http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?273570-NSC-poll-rigging-vote-Rick-Astley-Never-gonna-give-you-up

Just something to bear in mind, if this does come about.

The options provided by Bournemouth were atrocious also, although I'm sure the most popular choice in a vote such as this will still get a negative reaction from a significant amount of people, regardless of what does win.

Bournemouth did a similar thing, with an option to send in your own request under the option 'other', the vote was then sabotaged, as shown here. http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?273570-NSC-poll-rigging-vote-Rick-Astley-Never-gonna-give-you-up

Just something to bear in mind, if this does come about.

The options provided by Bournemouth were atrocious also, although I'm sure the most popular choice in a vote such as this will still get a negative reaction from a significant amount of people, regardless of what does win.

Did they seriously vote Rick Astley? Good Grief

Archived