IGNORED

To Dave L - Pre-Match Music Etc.

BRISTOL86

At present I try to arrive in the ground bang on KO cause I hate competing with the blaring tannoy system. Music should be turned off 10-15 minutes before KO to allow the fans to sing.

The entrance tune of One for the Bristol City should be kept IMO. Doesn't necessarily get the blood pumping but I love it and always sing along - even if nobody else does!

Ace of Spades, Motorhead

If you like to gamble, I tell you I'm your man
You win some, lose some, it's - all - the same to me
The pleasure is to play, it makes no difference what you say
I don't share your greed, the only card I need is
The Ace Of Spades
The Ace Of Spades

Playing for the high one, dancing with the devil,
Going with the flow, it's all a game to me,
Seven or Eleven, snake eyes watching you,
Double up or quit, double stakes or split,
The Ace Of Spades
The Ace Of Spades

You know I'm born to lose, and gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby,
I don't wanna live forever,
And don't forget the joker!

Pushing up the ante, I know you've got to see me,
Read 'em and weep, the dead man's hand again,
I see it in your eyes, take one look and die,
The only thing you see, you know it's gonna be,
The Ace Of Spades
The Ace Of Spades

Villa did a vote amongst their fans last year about walk out music. They produced a short list of five I think, then asked fans to vote for their favourite. Would people be in favour of doing a similar thing here?

Sounds good Dave!

Baggy? Skinny ones with converses for me. Seems like you know nothing about the youth generation

Well I know that the youth generation of today are on the whole gonna get older....... just like us old un's

And to some on here they, the even younger ones than the young un's, would consider the slightly older young un's are already old farts...... just like us even older ones :)

I understand the youth of today from the point that I was the future once and then I woke up and overnight had become considerably older.

Still support BCFC though :)

Villa did a vote amongst their fans last year about walk out music. They produced a short list of five I think, then asked fans to vote for their favourite. Would people be in favour of doing a similar thing here?

Dave, don't ever make the mistake of thinking the general public are capable of judging good music. They're really not.

Truth is, City should run out to 'White Riot' by The Clash. Swansea did so for years, and ended up in the premier league. Coincidence? I think not.

Yea I think that sounds fair personally. This thread has got me thinking, was it you that used to scream GOAAAAAAAL every time we scored? Or another announcer. If so bring it back! It seemed 'continental' and a bit different, accompanied by james brown I feel good...it was a winner!

Yea I think that sounds fair personally. This thread has got me thinking, was it you that used to scream GOAAAAAAAL every time we scored? Or another announcer. If so bring it back! It seemed 'continental' and a bit different, accompanied by james brown I feel good...it was a winner!

It wasn't a winner, was it? You're being ironic aren't you?

Dave.... Could do a lot worse than a bit of Ska from Bad Manners.....

Special Brew &/or The Can Can .. would get the crowd going and singing ... Great for the City Bounce too!!

Not to mention the scenes in the tunnel as SOD & the team wait to come out :)

(ps wanted to copy/paste from youtube, anyone know why it wont work for me? ,, damn pc's)

Muse

No ones take me alive

The time has come to make things

You and I must fight for our lives

You and I must fight to survive

Matthew west the story of your life

This is the story of your life

You decide

How the rest is gonna read

This is your chance between the lines

To redefine what kind of legacy you leave

This is the story of your life

And its a story worth telling

Zombie nation?

Bit of a bouncer

Greyhound - Swedish House Mafia

Sandstorm - Darude

Galvanize - Chemical Brothers (had this before)

Right Here Right Now - Fatboy Slim

Ready to Go - Republica

Dakota - Stereophonics

I like any of these, all from last 15 years, some older, some more modern. Definatly needs music pre-match, not a fan of no music, as a good song will get people going

Ace of Spades, Motorhead

If you like to gamble, I tell you I'm your man

You win some, lose some, it's - all - the same to me

The pleasure is to play, it makes no difference what you say

I don't share your greed, the only card I need is

The Ace Of Spades

The Ace Of Spades

Playing for the high one, dancing with the devil,

Going with the flow, it's all a game to me,

Seven or Eleven, snake eyes watching you,

Double up or quit, double stakes or split,

The Ace Of Spades

The Ace Of Spades

You know I'm born to lose, and gambling's for fools,

But that's the way I like it baby,

I don't wanna live forever,

And don't forget the joker!

Pushing up the ante, I know you've got to see me,

Read 'em and weep, the dead man's hand again,

I see it in your eyes, take one look and die,

The only thing you see, you know it's gonna be,

The Ace Of Spades

The Ace Of Spades

Good tune, Ian Fraser "Lemmy" Kilmister of Motorhead also sang the theme tune for wrestler triple H ''THE GAME''

Time to play the game

Turn the volume down by about 50%. No Wurzel type music just something up tempo that gets the blood pumping and creates a bit of passion amongst the fans for the moment when they walk out. Sounds a bit daft but think about how boxing and WWF/UFC type things use music it is literally a statement of their arrival. Big noise that then, usually, takes a back seat to the arena noise.

I do agree though that the whole matchday experience in the ground could do with a shake up it has become a bit stale.

Turn the volume down by about 50%. No Wurzel type music just something up tempo that gets the blood pumping and creates a bit of passion amongst the fans for the moment when they walk out. Sounds a bit daft but think about how boxing and WWF/UFC type things use music it is literally a statement of their arrival. Big noise that then, usually, takes a back seat to the arena noise.

I do agree though that the whole matchday experience in the ground could do with a shake up it has become a bit stale.

I agree the players should enter the ground being carried on Leopardskin thrones with 50 cent in the background blaring out "I GET MONEY".

You think this is stale. Go to Birmingham or Derby or Watford that bread is brown.

Keep the Wurzels, play it in the DEH loud, but go back to basics, years back before kick off all you heard was fans.

All these suggestions are cack. Play some Black Flag or Bad Religion.

That's it - put Greedo in charge of matchday music, nothing like a bit of Black Flag to get the blood stirring

Good tune, Ian Fraser "Lemmy" Kilmister of Motorhead also sang the theme tune for wrestler triple H ''THE GAME''

Time to play the game

Was going to suggest that each individual player runs out to his own music a la WWF. The Game is the best by a long, long way from memory, does HHH still use it, or has he jacked it all in now? We could cheer for the good guys, and boo the ones we don't like. When Fonts starts playing well again, we could then call it a 'face turn', as I believe the term to be in wrestling?

That's it - put Greedo in charge of matchday music, nothing like a bit of Black Flag to get the blood stirring

Was going to suggest that each individual player runs out to his own music a la WWF. The Game is the best by a long, long way from memory, does HHH still use it, or has he jacked it all in now? We could cheer for the good guys, and boo the ones we don't like. When Fonts starts playing well again, we could then call it a 'face turn', as I believe the term to be in wrestling?

HHH is still wrestling and still using that tune and his recent match was last sunday vs brock lesnar at extreme rules

WWE is all story lines etc but some of the tunes they walk to the ring to are quite good

Archived