IGNORED

Botswana Tour Cancelled

ciderbeans

• Admin

Good political answer, would we really have been playing two local sides at their National stadium?

I wonder if the tournament will still take place?

Anyone know the phone number of Willem now we have a big gap in our preseason calendar

The Post:

"significant delays in a £5 million ground redevelopment project that was originally supposed to have been completed in time for the stadium to become a training venue for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, and is now late and over-budget.

You think??!!!

Whoah call people back from holiday quick, get something organised urgentlyfor pre season! Nothing like going into a bright new era with a quick fix pre season schedule in place is there :)

The Post:

"significant delays in a £5 million ground redevelopment project that was originally supposed to have been completed in time for the stadium to become a training venue for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, and is now late and over-budget.

You think??!!!

Ha - superb!

Good political answer, would we really have been playing two local sides at their National stadium?

I wonder if the tournament will still take place?

Anyone know the phone number of Willem now we have a big gap in our preseason calendar

Its posponed until next season,

Its going to happen just not until 2014 according to the offical site (whether this happens or not is anyones guess)

Yes actually - article announcing the tour http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol-City-book-ground-breaking-pre-season-tour/story-18620428-detail/story.html#axzz2UfZauBET

"Head coach Sean O’Driscoll and his squad will contest the Botswana Friendship Cup against local teams Township Rollers and Mochudi Centre Chiefs as well as taking part in community work in schools and villages. Both games will take place in the National Stadium in the capital city of Gaborone"

Gutted. I already convinced Easy jet to run a route for us and booked a lovely Travelodge in the Botswana City Centre.

Dam it and me paid cash to a independent company ,do think I can get my money back, a bloke called me from Nigeria about a cheep block booking it sounded good

Archived