IGNORED

Brian Coming Back

leadman

No probs, but as for your last sentence I repeat we will never know, as it was never advertised, but yes the 'club' did decide that they wanted him. I believe it is yet another gamble at our club, he has no experience of running/coaching an academy for a league club in fact apart from his disastrous stint as manager he has no experience of coaching at a league club.

But if it works hey ho, his biggest problem is really he dosen't actually have much of a yardstick to live up to, so any improvement will be a 100% improvement, so if he fails my god he must be bad.

I'm hoping that it wasn't a coincidence that S'OD was recently out in Spain looking at players and that maybe he was impressed with what Tinnion had to say or showed him......

Maybe that's just me being hopeful!!

I'm hoping that it wasn't a coincidence that S'OD was recently out in Spain looking at players and that maybe he was impressed with what Tinnion had to say or showed him......

Maybe that's just me being hopeful!!

Hey, we are all BCFC fans it's what we do, we are always more hopeful than expectant and that is how I am looking at next season, that way a great season will be like an unexpected gift and the disappointment of a bad season will not seem quite so bad, i've heard it all before from BCFC.

I think you are deliberately missing the whole point of the term 'jobs for the boys', whatever happened to the days when the best candidate gets the job, I would be far happier with this appointment had Tinnion gone away and plied his trade at another league club and built up some sort of reputation that would hold water on his CV, it is yet another gamble, end of.

Given the number of personnel changes made by SOD since he has come he clearly does things his way and with the people he sees as right for the job. SOD strikes me as being pretty meticulous about things and whilst I have no idea how many people might have been potentially in the frame for the job I think if Tinnion has been offered it there must be a good reason.

Well you would think so wouldn't you?, but in the real world in any profession even the best person at his particular job may not possess the skills to impart that skill, teaching and playing are a world apart.

True, presumably that's where the badges come in ?

Given the number of personnel changes made by SOD since he has come he clearly does things his way and with the people he sees as right for the job. SOD strikes me as being pretty meticulous about things and whilst I have no idea how many people might have been potentially in the frame for the job I think if Tinnion has been offered it there must be a good reason.

Yep i'm sure SOD came up with Tinnions name all by himself.

So are you saying that SOD would accept appointments being made over his head? He doesn't seem that sort of bloke to me.

Again where did I actually say that?, what I am saying is that I suspect SOD did not come up with Tinnion all on his own, I suspect the club almost certainly suggested to him that Tinnion would certainly be a 'popular' appointment, after all it's not as if we don't need some good news, much like when David James signed.

Again where did I actually say that?, what I am saying is that I suspect SOD did not come up with Tinnion all on his own, I suspect the club almost certainly suggested to him that Tinnion would certainly be a 'popular' appointment, after all it's not as if we don't need some good news, much like when David James signed.

I think I asked IF you thought SOD would accept that happening not that you had said it....and I don't think you have answered the question.

Regardless who may or may not have suggested it I don't think SOD would agree to it if he did n't think it would work. I also don't think SOD is bothered about making "popular appointments" just the right ones.

Ok let's not appoint tinnion. Let's appoint some one with no connection to the club +guess what we'll have a thread full of people moaning about it. Ffs the manager knows more about football than any of us. Why can't we just trust his judgement +stop moaning on and on and on about everything!

He may be meticulous. But his most important acquisition, his right hand man buggered off pretty quickly. Not sure how that happened. He said it was the commute. .. well do what most other buggers do when they move away for a job... rent or move. First bad bit of business by SOD, and probably his most important

He may be meticulous. But his most important acquisition, his right hand man buggered off pretty quickly. Not sure how that happened. He said it was the commute. .. well do what most other buggers do when they move away for a job... rent or move. First bad bit of business by SOD, and probably his most important

I would certainly love to know what went on with O'Kelly and doubt if anyone saw it coming. But SOD has moved quickly and Burt and Pemberton seem well respected and good acquisitions. Seems also that both have specific roles to fill as part of a new structure for the club and if Tinnion is to be a part of this I think we are better off getting behind the club rather than creating some big negativity about it.

• Admin

Again you would think so but Mr Top of his class Millen didn't fare very well at BCFC really as a coach, perhaps it's just the curse of BCFC or is it as many maintain all the players fault?.

Hasn't done too badly since leaving though,has he. Come to think of it, he was the coach when we were promoted and got to the play-off final, so not sure who has fared better as a BCFC coach.

SOD talked a while ago about having continuity between U21 squads and first team squads, but also between U21 manager and first team manager, i.e. when he leaves the U21 manager should have been 'groomed' to take his place. If that is how SOD views the U21 manager role, then surely it would be very unlikely to be given to a man who has already demonstrated that he is not up to being first team manager/head coach.

Hasn't done too badly since leaving though,has he. Come to think of it, he was the coach when we were promoted and got to the play-off final, so not sure who has fared better as a BCFC coach.

Firstly Holloway and Millen have transformed Palarse from a free flowing, free scoring team under Freedman to a dour Stoke type long ball team + they were already in a promotion position when he arrived, so hardly some sort of miracle.

and for us 2 good seasons out of how many? and if you believe the hype from the GJ haters, under GJ when the 2 seasons you mention happened, Millen was just keeping a low profile in the background, saying yes and "how high do you want me to jump boss" and turning a blind eye to all of the bullying that was taking place.

• Admin

I'd suggest that the new article on city website re SO'D starting the search for a new U-21 boss implies the Tinman rumours are rubbish.

If he was lined up for the job, why post an article suggesting otherwise...?

To respond to claims on here that the position wasn't advertised and was just handed straight to Brian? Now they have a news article saying the search started weeks ago :)

Surely the U21 role goes to Alex Russell as he has been replaced as U18 coach by Alex Ball? Unless Aggy has left too???

To respond to claims on here that the position wasn't advertised and was just handed straight to Brian? Now they have a news article saying the search started weeks ago :)

Surely the U21 role goes to Alex Russell as he has been replaced as U18 coach by Alex Ball? Unless Aggy has left too???

What rubbish, surely you must realise by now that if certain fans are not posted a letter/email explaining every minute detail of what's going on in the boardroom it isn't happening.

"with a reputation for identifying and nurturing young talent"

Who?

Genuine question. Which players has he been a part of developing that have gone on to play at a decent level?

We all get it, just **** off now it's boring. You're in a strict minority and harping on makes you look bitter.

Not sure what a strict minority is Jordan Tansley, however, reading through this topic, I would suggest this strict Minority is probably larger than you think.

Ricardo 59, is passionate about Bristol City, and why shouldn't he air his views, and vent his spleen once when he wants to?

Views differ, and luckily for Ricardo 59, he is of an age when he watched real legends ply their trade at Ashton Gate.

His views are different to yours. That doesn't make him wrong or right.

Yes, we are brothers, as pointed out by Mr Nibor in a previous thread, regarding the same old, same old........which was just as lively. However with regards to this particular thread, I personally think his views are spot on regarding Tinnion.

If you care to read the entire thread again, you will see that there are numerous other posters who you should also single out for a bit of written abuse......

Just a thought!

Archived