IGNORED

Falcao To Monaco

BUTOR

Gone to the cash-oozing-endless-budget club that is Monaco. Soon enough the likes of Rooney and Ronaldo will be on their way to France and show football up for what it really is. I'm aware there is some sort of tax ordeal over there meaning Monaco citizens can keep all their money to themselves, perfect for players of the modern day.

I'm glad that city will no longer get this as frequently in L1, most players in the lower leagues are there to play football.

Gone to the cash-oozing-endless-budget club that is Monaco. Soon enough the likes of Rooney and Ronaldo will be on their way to France and show football up for what it really is. I'm aware there is some sort of tax ordeal over there meaning Monaco citizens can keep all their money to themselves, perfect for players of the modern day.

I'm glad that city will no longer get this as frequently in L1, most players in the lower leagues are there to play football.

I hear Monaco are willing to miss out on European football for 2 years (if they even qualify) to buy their way to success. And of course that is the only way they could do it, its a tiny place so they can't get the attendances to compete. I think their entire population is something like 30-35k.

Good luck to them, if they are willing to pay the wages (and probably lower than others being a tax haven) but it does seem to be a bit of a unfair advantage against those clubs that have to abide by French tax laws.

I thought the Monaco ground only held just over 16,000.. how can they possibly bend the rules to suit their own ambitions? Missing 2 years European football, could be a lot more in all honesty.. no guarantee they'll finish top 3 anyway.

This is true. I have no idea how they hope to bend them. They must have a plan or some loophole they want to exploit.

I thought the Monaco ground only held just over 16,000.. how can they possibly bend the rules to suit their own ambitions? Missing 2 years European football, could be a lot more in all honesty.. no guarantee they'll finish top 3 anyway.

It holds about 18,500 and the population in 2011 was estimated at 36k

Just found this...

Falcao will earn At Monaco:

£12 890,64 a year

£1 074,22 a month

£268,555 a week

£38,356 a day

£1,598 per hour

£26 per minute

44p per second

Ridiculous. He could have four Freddos a second.

Carvalho

Moutinho

Rodriguez

Ocampos

Falcao

Needs a new defence, couple more midfielders and a goalkeeper to be able to challenge.

Spent around 160M to acquire Moutinho, Rodriguez and Falcao! Great signings mind but clearly gone to Monaco for the cash as Porto and Atletico Madrid are playing Champions League next season. Unsure about Carvalho though, great defender in his day but getting on a bit now surely?!

Just found this...

£12 890,64 a year

£1 074,22 a month

£268,555 a week

£38,356 a day

£1,598 per hour

£26 per minute

44p per second

£1,598 per hour... That makes the minimum wage look even smaller if possible.

Spent around 160M to acquire Moutinho, Rodriguez and Falcao! Great signings mind but clearly gone to Monaco for the cash as Porto and Atletico Madrid are playing Champions League next season. Unsure about Carvalho though, great defender in his day but getting on a bit now surely?!

He's 34 I think but can still do a job if he's playing alongside someone younger. Been a top player down the years though

Got to question Falcao to be honest. Clearly hasn't the desire to test himself against the best.

I have heard so much about him and his agent saying they would take as much time as possible to make sure they made the right move for his career. Clearly what they meant was he would go to whoever pays insane money!

Ah well, close enough. Only just been promoted from Ligue 2 as well... still think it will take longer than 2 years to topple teams like PSG, Marseille and Lyon though.

You say that, but take a look at the finishes each year for the past 5 or 6 years. amazing the change in dominant teams, I wouldn't at all surprised if they got up there among them.

You say that, but take a look at the finishes each year for the past 5 or 6 years. amazing the change in dominant teams, I wouldn't at all surprised if they got up there among them.

I guess it depends on who Monaco sign over the coming months, if they have an unlimited pot of money then be interesting to see their starting line-up come August. Still signing the very best sometimes doesn't guarantee success.

Ah well, close enough. Only just been promoted from Ligue 2 as well... still think it will take longer than 2 years to topple teams like PSG, Marseille and Lyon though.

It should take over two years but we all know how quickly teams can buy success nowadays.

I guess it depends on who Monaco sign over the coming months, if they have an unlimited pot of money then be interesting to see their starting line-up come August. Still signing the very best sometimes doesn't guarantee success.

Certainly doesn't, but the nature of that French league means anything can happen. From the face of it it looks a damn interesting league. I wonder what Es thinks, he probably has his finger on the pulse all thing French football.

Certainly doesn't, but the nature of that French league means anything can happen. From the face of it it looks a damn interesting league. I wonder what Es thinks, he probably has his finger on the pulse all thing French football.

I myself keep a keen eye on it, being a PSG fan as well.

Just to point out they have been my 2nd team for 16 years now, so well before the money ;)

Just found this...

£12 890,64 a year

£1 074,22 a month

£268,555 a week

£38,356 a day

£1,598 per hour

£26 per minute

44p per second

I wish I could get 4 freddo's for 44p! they're 20-25p now.

I myself keep a keen eye on it, being a PSG fan as well.

Just to point out they have been my 2nd team for 16 years now, so well before the money ;)

Ah well you know a lot more than me, I used to take a interest yeasr back with the Marseilles side with Papin. I haven't taken huge amount of notice recently but was trawling through league positions over the past few years (very surprised to see lyon not winning much), Clearly your side look to have taken the mantel, but it still looks a pretty exciting league from the neutral.

The days of buying Space Invaders, Freddo and a small drink (I had Little Smashers) for 30p are long gone, Feel sorry for the teens of today when they have kids, Pocket money would have to be £5 just to get sweets from a shop!!

Buy a Wham bar, they will be chewing for weeks :) (Dunno if they still sell them, probably gone the way of the Texan bar)

Are Monaco any different to Chelsea or Man City?

No different to any top team. If you want to achieve in Europe nowadays you need to spend the reddies. You can include Man U in that. They had one wonder class of home grown talent, apart from that they have spent huge. It is the times we live in.

Archived