IGNORED

Falcao To Monaco

BUTOR

Even blackjacks have risen to about 50p a pack. Those days when a Chomp was somewhere inbewteen 10 and 15p, a freddo 10p, and you could pick up a single blackjack for 1p seem to far away. Don't get me started on curlywurlys... 30 ******* pence?! As for panini stickers, they barley even exist anymore! Been moved aside by these 'Match Attax'.

Not that I'm getting on a bit or anything, £.s.d. but...

... I seem to remember Blackjacks (mojo's & fruit salads) costing something like 4 for a penny (£0/0s/1d) when I was a kid... & thats four for an OLD PENNY (theres twelve old pennies to one 5p btw) ... gawd what with them & gurt big bags full of broken biscuits from the bakers shop for next to nothin... hmm them were the days.

Chips really were 'cheap as chips' too, 6d penny worth of chips (two and a half pence) for a bag of chips from the chippy usually wrapped up in sheets of old Bristol Evening Posts, Green-Uns & NOTW's etc... and a bag of scrumps thrown in for nowt. :)

We hardly had two halfpennies to scratch our asses with but that didnt matter cos bog rolls were so cheap we could afford to take 'em down the Gate and throw 'em like gurt big streamers over the crowd & onto the pitch.

Christ I fancy a bag of Blackjacks & Fruit Salads now... ;)

Archived