IGNORED

Falcao To Monaco

BUTOR

No different to any top team. If you want to achieve in Europe nowadays you need to spend the reddies. You can include Man U in that. They had one wonder class of home grown talent, apart from that they have spent huge. It is the times we live in.

It's a good point. I'm just not sure why going to Monaco represents a lack of ambition. I don't remember many people talking about Chelsea and Man City-bound players in the same way when they both started splashing the cash, yet neither had been to a 'pre-money' European Cup final as Monaco have. They only have three 'pre-money' titles between them too.

It's a good point. I'm just not sure why going to Monaco represents a lack of ambition. I don't remember many people talking about Chelsea and Man City-bound players in the same way when they both started splashing the cash, yet neither had been to a 'pre-money' European Cup final as Monaco have. They only have three 'pre-money' titles between them too.

Monaco are usually a bottom half of the table team at best in a dull French league. Going there is a completely different world then going to M city or Chelsea.

Only difference I can think of is that players will most likely want to go there to avoid paying tax and not playing in front of 50,000 plus crowds week in week out.

Not that us City fans could complain as our owner does the exact same thing I believe? - Saying that, who wouldn't if they had the chance?

I agree recentish history dictates Monaco ain't a bad side, they have just recently hit troubled times. They have more reason than most to be up there.

Not that us City fans could complain as our owner does the exact same thing I believe? - Saying that, who wouldn't if they had the chance?

The difference between modern day footballers and Lansdown is he gives some think back to others like the sports think he is doing with us the rugby and that motor racer.The only thing most super star footballers care about is money, partying and shopping with their wag so Monaco is the best place to go for footballers.

Monaco are usually a bottom half of the table team at best in a dull French league. Going there is a completely different world then going to M city or Chelsea.

I'm talking about the respective size/success of the three clubs before they came into money. As I said, Chelsea and Man City have three league titles between them to Monaco's seven (which is the joint-fourth most in the history of the French league, more comparable to the likes of Everton than a bottom half team as you suggest). Okay it's a weaker league, but they'd still won twice as many of them as Chelsea and Man City had combined. Why did players who chased the millions at two-time champions Man City and one-time champions Chelsea get a free pass back then yet Monaco's new signings aren't afforded the same moderate treatment?

Interestingly have just been told that according to Guilem Balague, Falcao actually wants to join Real Madrid but obviously Atletico would not let him go there. Monaco have said they will sell him to Madrid after a while for a knock down price, they just want him to join short term to attract bigger players.

Weren't they runners up in the champions league about 10 years ago? They certainly have European pedigree. Now they are getting back to investin in playing staff again they will start moving back up

Abidal

Barthez

Henry

Djorkaeff

Evra

Guily

Givet

Petit

Thuram

Trezeguet

Fofan

Yaya Toure

Weah

Ikpeba

Scifo

Prso

Koller

Hately

Hoddle

Beirhoff

Klinsman

Pannuci

Simone

Vieri

Barros

Morientes

Saviola

Adeybayor

Marquez

Anderson

There are bound to be others that have played for them I can't remember, they certainly are not small fry

Monaco always been a decent club with a rich history and European aspirations, champions league runners up in last 10 years or so too.

Tax free status and the location/lifestyle has always an attraction to that part of the world,

No different than what English Clubs have done in recent years.

Don't see the problem, makes alot more sense than the likes of Etoo who went off to darkest deepest Russia

He will be at Real Madrid by Xmas. Athletico Madrid won't sell him to RM even though they want him.

I would have thought you of all people would of been aware that he will be at Real Madrid before long!

How much do you have to pay for a player that has just been bought for £50M and is owned by a club for which money is absolutely no object... He may go to Madrid at some point in a few years time if the Monaco thing isn't working out, but to suggest he'll be there by Christmas is absolutely ridiculous as far as I'm concerned.

About 25p

Good God, What has the world come to!! You don't want to know how much Panini stickers go for?!?

Even blackjacks have risen to about 50p a pack. Those days when a Chomp was somewhere inbewteen 10 and 15p, a freddo 10p, and you could pick up a single blackjack for 1p seem to far away. Don't get me started on curlywurlys... 30 ******* pence?! As for panini stickers, they barley even exist anymore! Been moved aside by these 'Match Attax'.

Things Falcao could buy:

£12 890,64 a year

£1 074,22 a month

£268,555 a week

£38,356 a day

£1,598 per hour

£26 per minute

44p per second

TWO freddos every second,

26 condoms from the toilets of a pub each minute,

A plasma screen TV every hour,

A luxury yacht every day,

14770525 mars bars every week,

568263438 iphone 5s a month,

A few mansions every year.

Footballing reasons,

Footballing reasons,

Footballing reasons

Footballing r£ason$

Things Falcao could buy:

£12 890,64 a year

£1 074,22 a month

£268,555 a week

£38,356 a day

£1,598 per hour

£26 per minute

44p per second

Footballing reasons,

Footballing reasons,

Footballing reasons

Footballing r£ason$

like the caffreys......................

:)

Hmm how many freddos a day?

Things Falcao could buy:

£12 890,64 a year

£1 074,22 a month

£268,555 a week

£38,356 a day

£1,598 per hour

£26 per minute

44p per second

Footballing reasons,

Footballing reasons,

Footballing reasons

Footballing r£ason$

Fair enough you're making a point but maybe make it when a mars bar actually does cost 1.8p?

How much do you have to pay for a player that has just been bought for £50M and is owned by a club for which money is absolutely no object... He may go to Madrid at some point in a few years time if the Monaco thing isn't working out, but to suggest he'll be there by Christmas is absolutely ridiculous as far as I'm concerned.

Fair enough. Falcao is owned by a company called Doyen Sports (same set up as the Tevaz one) and he probably didn't have a say in who he was signing for.

His owners have obviously done the deal.

Doyen Sports know that RM want him but Athletico would not sell to them.

Time will tell.

I think I ought to point out at this juncture that Monaco may not even be playing in the top league in France next season.

They've secured their promotion but there is an ongoing legal rambling where the rest of the French clubs deemed it unfair that Monaco benefit from their own tax laws. There is a request to ban them from the league until they set up as a French company as opposed to a Monegasque Company.

However, corruption was rife as the French FA basically said to Monaco "Ok, give us £170m and we'll let you in". Quite rightly the Monaco owner told them to eff-off!

So, as it stands, Falcao, Moutinho, Rodriguez & Carvalho may well be plying their trade in the 2nd division next season.

See link...........

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/18/monaco-french-courts-tax

I myself keep a keen eye on it, being a PSG fan as well.

Just to point out they have been my 2nd team for 16 years now, so well before the money ;)

Seriously, why? Everyone in France seems to hate them - even before the money

Even blackjacks have risen to about 50p a pack. Those days when a Chomp was somewhere inbewteen 10 and 15p, a freddo 10p, and you could pick up a single blackjack for 1p seem to far away. Don't get me started on curlywurlys... 30 ******* pence?! As for panini stickers, they barley even exist anymore! Been moved aside by these 'Match Attax'.

This is when you start to take note of the recession! Hiw can a shop charge you 30p for a bite of chocolate???

I like the way we start talking about Falcao and Monaco and end up talking about Fredos and PSG?!?! You gotta love OTIB

Weren't they runners up in the champions league about 10 years ago? They certainly have European pedigree. Now they are getting back to investin in playing staff again they will start moving back up

Abidal

Barthez

Henry

Djorkaeff

Evra

Guily

Givet

Petit

Thuram

Trezeguet

Fofan

Yaya Toure

Weah

Ikpeba

Scifo

Prso

Koller

Hately

Hoddle

Beirhoff

Klinsman

Pannuci

Simone

Vieri

Barros

Morientes

Saviola

Adeybayor

Marquez

Anderson

There are bound to be others that have played for them I can't remember, they certainly are not small fry

Jerome Rothen .. Good winger. Is it me but I can see Suarez at Atletico if Falcoa leaves.

Archived