IGNORED

The Future

JOSH17

For a return to the days when football was for the people, when players played for the club and not totally for the money, when there was real atmosphere on the terraces and when players could tackle hard but fair and weren't diving around like they had been shot

What you are saying is that you would like to go back pre-premier league then?

That's a genie we will never get back into the bottle I'm afraid.

Go with the kids. - more so than in recent times

Stay at Ashton Gate. - yes

New robin badge. - yes

Red and white kits at home and white and black away. - should change year on year, no red and black ever

Stay as the robins. - yes

Safe standing at AG or AV. - yes

The away fans to be in the Atyeo. - don't mind

Go with the kids. - blend of experience and youth

Stay at Ashton Gate. - Ashton Vale for real progress

New robin badge. - crest as it's classier

Red and white kits at home and white and black away. - yes, but purple and lime 3rd kit

Stay as the robins. - definitely

Safe standing at AG or AV. - definitely

The away fans to be in the Atyeo. - or Williams, but eastend entirely for City

For a return to the days when football was for the people, when players played for the club and not totally for the money, when there was real atmosphere on the terraces and when players could tackle hard but fair and weren't diving around like they had been shot

Agree 100% :yes:

It has to be Ashton Vale not a redeveloped Ashton Gate.

In order for it to be AG our illustrious mayor is asking a private individual, who, after being sold a plot of land BY the council knowingly for stadium development is now asking the same individual to spunk up 40 million quid of his own money to develop AG.

GET REAL

It has to be Ashton Vale not a redeveloped Ashton Gate.

In order for it to be AG our illustrious mayor is asking a private individual, who, after being sold a plot of land BY the council knowingly for stadium development is now asking the same individual to spunk up 40 million quid of his own money to develop AG.

GET REAL

I thought the redevelopment of AG was SL's choice as a back up plan to if AV becomes a village green.

SL could of said no to the redevelopment of AG.

There was meant to have been plans to move to Whitchurch any one know why that did not go ahead because I think that could have been better for the fans as it would be closer to homes.I was just thinking maybe it was because of the people living near by ,but how come we would did not by the land and be in the same boat as we are in now. Did SL buy AV before asking the locals about a new stadium?

I'd be happy if he does have a presence on the board. Not entirely sure that is what is in place, but hopefully the appointment has bridged the gap somewhat

I was always under the impression that the director of football was a director on the board... Could be wrong?

I was always under the impression that the director of football was a director on the board... Could be wrong?

I'm not sure either. Always a bit of an odd one. Director and board member are not necessarily the same. Either way, it would seem things are going the right way. Lets hope he has the influence that is really needed to drive this club in the right footballing direction

In no real order....don't like the idea of away fans in the Atyeo I like the EE formula, the robin isn't cheap it's us and I think it would look great (although that modern,angry one with the ball is awful), simple kits with as little frills as possible-traditonal colours,safe standing as we move forward, can't make up my mind AG/AV wise, we'll get a mixture of kids and experience next season and I'm happy with that. In other news can I just point out that a few years down the line,when the bubble finally does burst we'll be looked back on as the good old days,so let's have fun you bunch of codgers :chant6ez:

In no real order....don't like the idea of away fans in the Atyeo I like the EE formula, the robin isn't cheap it's us and I think it would look great (although that modern,angry one with the ball is awful), simple kits with as little frills as possible-traditonal colours,safe standing as we move forward, can't make up my mind AG/AV wise, we'll get a mixture of kids and experience next season and I'm happy with that. In other news can I just point out that a few years down the line,when the bubble finally does burst we'll be looked back on as the good old days,so let's have fun you bunch of codgers :chant6ez:

Seems like you had a good day.

What do you want for the future of BCFC?me.

Go with the kids.

Both got to have experience as well as youth

Stay at Ashton Gate.

A Redeveloped Ashton Gate

New robin badge.

Yes

Red and white kits at home and white and black away.

Red home All white away

Stay as the robins.

Yes

Safe standing at AG or AV.

NO

The away fans to be in the Atyeo.

No leave them ware they are or put them in the Williams

What do you want our future to be?

Better than what it is now

Go with the kids.

Both got to have experience as well as youth

Stay at Ashton Gate.

A Redeveloped Ashton Gate

New robin badge.

Yes

Red and white kits at home and white and black away.

Red home All white away

Stay as the robins.

Yes

Safe standing at AG or AV.

NO

The away fans to be in the Atyeo.

No leave them ware they are or put them in the Williams

What do you want our future to be?

Better than what it is now

Why 'no' to safe standing out of interest?

I thought the redevelopment of AG was SL's choice as a back up plan to if AV becomes a village green.

SL could of said no to the redevelopment of AG.

There was meant to have been plans to move to Whitchurch any one know why that did not go ahead because I think that could have been better for the fans as it would be closer to homes.I was just thinking maybe it was because of the people living near by ,but how come we would did not by the land and be in the same boat as we are in now. Did SL buy AV before asking the locals about a new stadium?

At the moment AG redevelopment is still only an option, it needs to be there on the back burner if AV is delayed further.

SL hasn't said yes to the redevelopment of AG yet

Whitchurch reasidents were asked in a survey by the city council if they wanted the stadium on the site of the old airport, surprise surprise, they said no.

SL bought the land at AV from a private seller (not the council). That land had been earmarked as land to be removed from the greenbelt and developed as part of the south Bristol urban expansion. All four local authorities had agreed this in principle even if some were reluctant to do so. The then labour government were promoting house building and forcing councils to release land for that building. As we all know the tories were elected and part of their manifesto was to save the greenbelt, (a vote catcher) we'll still get greenbelt development with some relocated greenbelt, it's good profit making business.

If you ask someone if they want something built near to their homes they'll say no 99% of the time, as at Whitchurch.

At the moment AG redevelopment is still only an option, it needs to be there on the back burner if AV is delayed further.

SL hasn't said yes to the redevelopment of AG yet

Whitchurch reasidents were asked in a survey by the city council if they wanted the stadium on the site of the old airport, surprise surprise, they said no.

SL bought the land at AV from a private seller (not the council). That land had been earmarked as land to be removed from the greenbelt and developed as part of the south Bristol urban expansion. All four local authorities had agreed this in principle even if some were reluctant to do so. The then labour government were promoting house building and forcing councils to release land for that building. As we all know the tories were elected and part of their manifesto was to save the greenbelt, (a vote catcher) we'll still get greenbelt development with some relocated greenbelt, it's good profit making business.

If you ask someone if they want something built near to their homes they'll say no 99% of the time, as at Whitchurch.

Can you remember when the council vote on if it is going to be a village green?

I was thinking about our turnover and everything.

So new question would you be happy with AV or AG being called the hargreaves lansdown Ashton Vale or Ashton gate a bit like what man city have done, what do you think?I think it will be alright as long as it means SL can put in more money.

I was thinking about our turnover and everything.

So new question would you be happy with AV or AG being called the hargreaves lansdown Ashton Vale or Ashton gate a bit like what man city have done, what do you think?I think it will be alright as long as it means SL can put in more money.

I'm not to bothered about ground sponsorship to be honest, it's a way to increase turnover and to the fans it's still know as the traditional name,

Newcastle still call it st James park, arsenal ashburton grove man city still use the city of Manchester stadium,

I'm not to bothered about ground sponsorship to be honest, it's a way to increase turnover and to the fans it's still know as the traditional name,

Newcastle still call it st James park, arsenal ashburton grove man city still use the city of Manchester stadium,

Newcastle's owner even calls it st James park.

Go with the kids. - more so than in recent times

Stay at Ashton Gate. - yes

New robin badge. - yes

Red and white kits at home and white and black away. - should change year on year, no red and black ever

Stay as the robins. - yes

Safe standing at AG or AV. - yes

The away fans to be in the Atyeo. - don't mind

It would appear me and you share more in common than just a love for a certain Brazillian! Same as the above only I'd stick with the crest. Can't say I'm too fussed about the away kit but probably prefer black.

Go with the kids. = Yes, as long as we don't pay them more money each season.

Stay at Ashton Gate. = Redevelop Asthon gate.. Yes, I am too old to move anyway. Also the away fans, will call our new stadium a dump. They'll be right.

New robin badge. = Yes, but I would compromise to have both on the shirt.

Red and white kits at home and white and black away. Yes, not bothered about the away kit.

Stay as the robins. = Yes, it is a part of our clubs history.

Safe standing at AG or AV. = Yes, it is safer than sitting.

The away fans to be in the Atyeo. = Yes, I think half the atyeo should be away, the other half home. I am hoping that the speedy's will move.

Can you remember when the council vote on if it is going to be a village green?

There is no vote by the council on a TVG. There is a new inquiry by an inspector (Ross Crail). As I understand it, she will look at the whole application for a TVG again, including extra evidence of it's use as a landfil site within the 20 year period that the applicants claim to have used it for. When she has done that, she will either change her original decision to grant a TVG, or say it does not meet the reuirements for a TVG. Having said that, I would still expect the TVgreeners to wait until the last moment before lodging an appeal for a Judicial review of the decision, or if the decision was in favour of a TVG, then the landowners would themselves raise an appeal and keep doing so.

There is no vote by the council on a TVG. There is a new inquiry by an inspector (Ross Crail). As I understand it, she will look at the whole application for a TVG again, including extra evidence of it's use as a landfil site within the 20 year period that the applicants claim to have used it for. When she has done that, she will either change her original decision to grant a TVG, or say it does not meet the reuirements for a TVG. Having said that, I would still expect the TVgreeners to wait until the last moment before lodging an appeal for a Judicial review of the decision, or if the decision was in favour of a TVG, then the landowners would themselves raise an appeal and keep doing so.

Do you know when she will say what the outcome is?

Do you know when she will say what the outcome is?

No sorry. The last time, she was ill and off for months, it was a painful wait where everything went in favour of the applicants, even when the law said that the applicant was not allowed to be changed, somehow a judge found an excuse to allow it. The application seemed to be used as a test case for the legal bigwigs benefit, and nobody elses, hopefully it won't be the case this time around, but don't hold your breath.

Go with the kids. Mixture. Bryan, Burns and Reid should all be good enough to feature fairly regularly in Div. 3, providing there is a decent team around them. That being the case there's no reason why Bryan shouldn't be a regular starter with Reid and Burns featuring regularly in the squad and perhaps making 15-20 apps. That is the sort of progression they, and us as fans, should be looking for next season. I think Burns could make his mark as a real surprise package next season, but he needs to get the opportunity. It's possible all 3 will be found lacking in the hurly burly of Div.3 but they must be given a chance to fail.

Stay at Ashton Gate. Definitely stay at Ashton Gate. I hope we'll see an official announcement that AG is now the preferred choice. The thought of moving to AV has always left me completely cold.

New robin badge. I'd like to see the return of the Robin/Bridge, failing that a return of the magnificent crest worn in John Atyeo's time along with the Robin badge elsewhere on the shirt. The present crest is dull and uninspiring and the club have the opportunity with the Robin and Bridge to re- market Bristol City in a way that distinguishes us from other clubs, EVEN those who share the same nick name.

Red and white kits at home and white and black away. Agreed, and wear the Red shirt away as well unless a colour clash leaves no choice but to change. Our colour is Red and we should always wear it when possible.

Stay as the robins .Definitely.

Safe standing at AG or AV. Yep, at AG.

The away fans to be in the Atyeo. No. The ideal arrangement would be City fans behind both goals and away fans stuck out the way in a corner of the Williams. The Director's Box/Premium Club and away fans might not mix well, but it's going to be a huge new stand so should be possible to co-exist. Villa and Norwich are 2 examples of redeveloped stadiums who have got it right when it comes to giving their team the best home advantage by putting away fans out of sight and where they cannot berate the home keeper for 45 minutes and can't encourage their team to attack a particular end. We need all the advantages we can get from being at home, let's make sure we incorporate them all in the redeveloped Ashton Gate.

Archived