IGNORED

Swindon Rivalry

BCFC Jordan

205 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With the Flint deal seemingly nearing conclusion, I've noticed Flint has been receiving a fair amount of abuse from Swindon fans for joining us, and they seem to be rather passionate in their hate for us. People on this forum have also claimed to receive stick from Swindon fans from whom they work with etc.

Now maybe it's just me, but I only really consider our actual rivalries to be with Rovers and the Red Dragons. Obviously Swindon, Yeovil etc are reasonably local and therefore give the games against each other a bit more of a competitive edge but I don't class either as our rivals.

Is it just me?

Relatively local and in the same league but certainly not a rivalry in the sense of r**ers and the sell outs! I always thought their rivals were Oxford and they had a real dislike for the sags and Gillingham for some obscure reason?

Personally, I reckon they will be the 'rival' this season as we haven't got anyone else!

Swindon? Wasnt it voted the most boring town in britain not so long ago? Only famous for a comical amount of roundabouts which certainly isnt magic?! Rivals no way. Never will be. Geographically close-by but never rivals. Q the 'M4 derby' tag for the games next season.

There's a thread on another forum calling it an A420 derby!

That's the Swindon v Oxford game isn't it? The A420 runs between the two IIRC.

I appreciate the A420 comes into Bristol too but I have never heard a game with the Wiltshire lot called that TBH.

That's the Swindon v Oxford game isn't it? The A420 runs between the two IIRC.

I appreciate the A420 comes into Bristol too but I have never heard a game with the Wiltshire lot called that TBH.

It was your good self that suggested that we join in that thread!

It was your good self that suggested that we join in that thread!

Blimey, must be an old one then bud!

I reckon the poster above calling it the 'M4 derby' has it right. I forgot we 'crashed' their minnows thread when we were decent! :facepalm:

Dislike Swindon alot...Honestly have much more hatred for them than Rovers. Their fans are petulant cocky,think their a massive club when really their forever in ours and Readings shadow. They may have been top division ONCE but they also conceeded 100 goals and got made to look like idiots. I sincerely hope the stupid roundabout loving imbreds get a come uppance from us this season and i for one will be celebrating it gracefully. scum the lot of them.

Right, let's try and start a rivalry with Swindon as we have no other bugger next season!

I hate roundabouts

You made crap trains

Honda's are crap (they're not actually)

Billie Piper is a slapper

The Oasis isn't!!

uummmmm, eeeerrrrrrr, your grounds sh1t, uummmmmm......

Help me out here?

Dislike Swindon alot...Honestly have much more hatred for them than Rovers. Their fans are petulant cocky,think their a massive club when really their forever in ours and Readings shadow. They may have been top division ONCE but they also conceeded 100 goals and got made to look like idiots. I sincerely hope the stupid roundabout loving imbreds get a come uppance from us this season and i for one will be celebrating it gracefully. scum the lot of them.

:yes:

Lock this thread!

If you live in bristol then you will some way or another know gas people? Ergo they are only rivals.if youlive in the direction of swindon then you may of course consider them as rivals.I know of no supporters of swindon living in bristol so if we take 6pts off of them that would mean no more or no less to me than beating say walsall or shrewsbury twice.sorry if that upsets any swindon invaders reading this but thats just how it is.oh and you'll be shit this season without your fascist leader, sieg heil!

I have lived in Swindon for 16 years, albeit more on the Wiltshire/Gloucestershire border. You don't need to pity me, I like Swindon.

I have no problem with the town, the roundabouts or a majority of the locals. All areas have their morons. Can't stand the club though, nor the fans. Ghastly bunch.

You've avoided the risk of Stockholm Syndrome with aplomb, kudos :thumbsup:

Consider we're this so called 'no mark' club, some people (not bcfc3660) take this all far too seriously.

Shut up pig town. I hate Swindon so much even though they're not our rivals. In fact, I hate them so much I'm going to take time out of my evening to state they're not a rival and I hate them.

Do one.

Archived