IGNORED

Swindon Rivalry

BCFC Jordan

205 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Let's face it, for kudos, they desperately WANT to be our rivals. They want to go up in the world when really nowadays their rivals are the blue few

It's quite pitiful really.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE LET US BE ENEMIES.

We say this day. One day, one day - it will happen.

Never seen them as a rival in any way. I've even played as them on FIFA before when picking a team in the bottom two divisions.

You'll change your mind when the first bit of wooden chair hits you round the head when it all goes off at the County ground.

I'd consider them more of a rival than Cardiff City now, I mean Cardiff City isn't even the club we all remember any more and our top flight, Swindon on the other hand are in the same league, just as local and even share the same nickname.

I'd consider them more of a rival than Cardiff City now, I mean Cardiff City isn't even the club we all remember any more and our top flight, Swindon on the other hand are in the same league, just as local and even share the same nickname.

Make no mistake there will be big crowds at Ashton and their dump and the match will feel like a proper derby. Compare it with the big match atmosphere of Crawley or Stevenage on a Tuesday night!

I used to think BCFC fan's had a bit of class, I think we did, but reading this it has evaporated, Oh! and mark my words we are bound to get turned over by them home and away after this....it always comes back to bite us in the a$$.

Soooooo much Hate, so much things to do in life than worry about how much you hate someone because they hate you...Mindless.

Sometimes I do feel like this too on these forums, there seems to be more interest in hating various teams than supporting our own more often than not and to make things worse if anyone points it out everyone turns on each other.... I do wonder sometimes if our fans are the reason this club struggles and there is far too much focus on other clubs and arguing than actually getting behind the club. That said I hope the changes being made recently will change that a lot as we become more stable and start being able to compete.

For me it goes Rovers, Cardiff then a mixture of Swindon/Plymouth/Yeovil/Cheltenham if any of them are near us in the league for a period of time, if not then they get slightly forgotten about.

Isn't that the truth, although Swindon are perhaps slightly above the other 3. People saying they hate Swindon as much or even more than the Gas, really?! Why? That just seems mental to me.

Isn't that the truth, although Swindon are perhaps slightly above the other 3. People saying they hate Swindon as much or even more than the Gas, really?! Why? That just seems mental to me.

I never even saw them as a rival 3 years ago. Amazing what happens when you go to work there. My opinion changed overnight. There are a lot of bitter twisted Swindon fans. Got help Oxford fans, the bile they spit towards city and our fans is mad! Yet pretty much like us, they don't really see us as rivals.

So my dislike is more towards the fans than the club. After all, the club is a train wreck that lurches from one financial melt down to another. The club is nothing short of a joke. Interestingly a view held by a lot of Swindon fans as well!

I used to think BCFC fan's had a bit of class, I think we did, but reading this it has evaporated, Oh! and mark my words we are bound to get turned over by them home and away after this....it always comes back to bite us in the a$$.

Soooooo much Hate, so much things to do in life than worry about how much you hate someone because they hate you...Mindless.

Get of your moral soapbox and give it a rest, football rivalry is rivalry and adds a bit of spice to games.. the same can be said about every football club in the world. You know that 99% of fans wont goto war outside the ground after a game because of all this 'hatred'.

Sometimes I do feel like this too on these forums, there seems to be more interest in hating various teams than supporting our own more often than not and to make things worse if anyone points it out everyone turns on each other.... I do wonder sometimes if our fans are the reason this club struggles and there is far too much focus on other clubs and arguing than actually getting behind the club. That said I hope the changes being made recently will change that a lot as we become more stable and start being able to compete.

I don't follow this comment, are you trying to blame Citys struggles on the pitch due to fans bickering on forums etc?

I never even saw them as a rival 3 years ago. Amazing what happens when you go to work there. My opinion changed overnight. There are a lot of bitter twisted Swindon fans. Got help Oxford fans, the bile they spit towards city and our fans is mad! Yet pretty much like us, they don't really see us as rivals.

So my dislike is more towards the fans than the club. After all, the club is a train wreck that lurches from one financial melt down to another. The club is nothing short of a joke. Interestingly a view held by a lot of Swindon fans as well!

Can relate to that one, lived and worked in Swindle for 4 years and amount of bile spewed about City from their fans is ridiculous.. sweet when we relegated them to the basement mind :)

It's the fact that they really believe they are the biggest club in this region

It's based on Don Rogers the odd Wembley jolly and their one and only top flight season when they didn't exactly cover themselves in glory by conceding 100 goals.

They kept forgetting that they've been close to or in administration so many times and had more owners that a second hand Ford fiesta, in a crumbling ground with a crumbling fan base

Each new owner comes along with their grand ideas which falls flat because the public of Swindon don't really want a football club and you can't blame them as Reading Oxford and Bristol are all close by.

I think their local media some them up by calling them "town" which sums them up really - small and inconsequential.

Get of your moral soapbox and give it a rest, football rivalry is rivalry and adds a bit of spice to games.. the same can be said about every football club in the world. You know that 99% of fans wont goto war outside the ground after a game because of all this 'hatred'.

I don't follow this comment, are you trying to blame Citys struggles on the pitch due to fans bickering on forums etc? If that's the case, then that's total garbage.

Can relate to that one, lived and worked in Swindle for 4 years and amount of bile spewed about City from their fans is ridiculous.. sweet when we relegated them to the basement mind :)

Oh yes very sweet.

TMOR must get touchy because he has friends and family from the area. I don't remember him jumping down people's necks concerning Cardiff Rovers, Swindon or Crystal palace.

A massive example of double standards if you ask me.

To be fair to spike, he sticks up for all opposition concerning banter, so at least his principles are not effected dependant on area or club.

Oh yes very sweet.

TMOR must get touchy because he has friends and family from the area. I don't remember him jumping down people's necks concerning Cardiff Rovers, Swindon or Crystal palace.

A massive example of double standards if you ask me.

To be fair to spike, he sticks up for all opposition concerning banter, so at least his principles are not effected dependant on area or club.

If it wasn't for his photo, I'd swear Spike was a Cardiff fan... Quite a few times I've seen on here where he has leapt to their defence when someone dares criticise the way the sellouts go about their business.

The Swindle rivalry does seem a little lopsided on their part though, we usually only care when we actually play them. They should really stick to being bitter about Oxford.

If it wasn't for his photo, I'd swear Spike was a Cardiff fan... Quite a few times I've seen on here where he has leapt to their defence when someone dares criticise the way the sellouts go about their business.

The Swindle rivalry does seem a little lopsided on their part though, we usually only care when we actually play them. They should really stick to being bitter about Oxford.

I agree, well I should say I used to agree. Now I look for their result every week hoping they have lost. Makes work more bearable :)

You'll change your mind when the first bit of wooden chair hits you round the head when it all goes off at the County ground.

goes off!!! who with??,when we go up there we take over the place... years ago it use to be a laugh on the side of the pitch in that little enclosure,remember it well . :fear:;)

don't think I've seen Swindon Vs. City. For me

it used to be 1) Red Dragons 2) Rovers (younger fan, never seen Rovers Vs. City unless charity or whatever)

Now 1) Rovers 2) Red Dragons 3) Swindon

I went to City Rovers away about 2007 and all I can remember is the fighting after the game, Hull away was also quite bad.

Archived