IGNORED

Fielding News

Eagle Eyed

Hope the Fielding deal goes through but it could've been very different.

According to the Swindon Advertiser, Us and Brighton were monitoring Wes Foderinghams situation at Swindon before he signed a new deal. Shame that one didn't come off.

Fielding is a different gravy to Foderingham

It will certainly be a very strange one if the players come into training on Thursday and there is no Official goalkeeper at the club. Don't feel 2 or maybe 3 trialist keepers will fill me with optimism for the first few friendlies, so really hope the Fielding issue or any goalkeeper really, will be sorted out in the next 2 days at least.

No because I would negotiate my own terms. They are only providing a service, its not compulsory that a player must have an agent.

Exactly, I don't think Scholes had an agent,

There is no loyalty either way in football so in my opinion a player has every right to have an agent looking out for their best interests, some players will not feel comfortable sitting in front of a board of directors and demand 100k a week so may think a % of their wages to get the deal they want is well worth the money.

If a player wants to leave a club he will instruct the agent to start making discreet enquires as to who will want him, he can't exactly do this himself can he?

Off to glastonbury tomorrow. Hoping the Fielding signing is done when i get back on Monday

----------------------Fielding----------------------------

Maloney--------Flint------Williams-----Cunningham

would be some great early work in the transfer market

Fair play, cant go this year , trying to sell my gaff, have a cracker....oh that line up is a cracker too !

From the BEP today (Wednesday)

FRANK Fielding is still the man head coach Sean O'Driscoll wants to keep goal for Bristol City in League One next season, despite a hold-up in his proposed move from Derby County.

O'Driscoll has enquired after several experienced number ones, but former England Under-21 international Fielding is his preferred choice to replace Tom Heaton, who left to join Championship side Burnley at the end of last season.

Although the former Blackburn Rovers stopper is under contract for another 12 months at Pride Park, O'Driscoll is confident he can land his top target on a free transfer.

By making Fielding available for transfer, Derby are duty-bound to pay-up the remainder of his contract should he negotiate a move to another club.

Fielding's agent is trying to negotiate a deal which would see the Rams cancel the goalkeeper's contract, enabling him to leave the Championship club as a free agent and join City. But the two parties are still haggling and talks look set to continue for the next few days at least.

O'Driscoll is prepared to wait if it means landing his preferred choice on a free transfer and he is eagerly awaiting the outcome of discussions between Derby officials and Fielding's agent.

City's head coach has a long list of goalkeeper targets, including former Derby stopper Adam Legzdins and Tranmere's Owain Fon Williams, who is out of contract at Prenton Park and yet to agree a new deal.

But he will only move for them if and when it becomes apparent Fielding is unable to negotiate his release from Pride Park.

O'Driscoll has made no secret of his desire to sign two goalkeepers after the departures of Heaton and Dean Gerken, who was released at the end of last season.

With that in mind, he and director of football Keith Burt have invited a number of young goalkeepers to train with City on a trial basis. Two are scheduled to arrive next Monday, with another two joining up with the squad the following week.

Read more: http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Frank-Fielding-Sean-O-Driscoll-s-number/story-19394099-detail/story.html#ixzz2XIY667Bk

Follow us: @thisisbristol on Twitter | thisisbristol on Facebook

Everyone squeezing everyone for the last little bit. Derby clearly don't want him, not as a number 1 choice anyway. He wants away to be a number 1 and seems to be happy to come here.

I'm sure the deal will happen, it doesn't seem like it but we do have time on our hands. It looks like we have arranged trialist keepers who could play in the friendlies so we have to sit and wait, and hope another club doesn't catch his eye. But hopefully negotiations are too far advanced for him to do that, if he does he's not the player for us anyway.

Surely it won't be in Derby's interest to scupper his move and hold onto what would be a seriously unhappy player. They have the keeper they want, let us have ours.

They were more right about Flint than that Swindon hack TBH.

The Derby paper was saying he already had a medical not so long ago.

And the free transfer makes sense all round as long as Derby aren't out of pocket.

No the derby fans site vital football was saying that

They were more right about Flint than that Swindon hack TBH.

The Derby paper was saying he already had a medical not so long ago.

And the free transfer makes sense all round as long as Derby aren't out of pocket.

I'm sure it was their fans forum not their local rag that said he has had a medical

Archived