IGNORED

Fielding News

Eagle Eyed

From the BEP today (Wednesday)

FRANK Fielding is still the man head coach Sean O'Driscoll wants to keep goal for Bristol City in League One next season, despite a hold-up in his proposed move from Derby County.
O'Driscoll has enquired after several experienced number ones, but former England Under-21 international Fielding is his preferred choice to replace Tom Heaton, who left to join Championship side Burnley at the end of last season.
Although the former Blackburn Rovers stopper is under contract for another 12 months at Pride Park, O'Driscoll is confident he can land his top target on a free transfer.
By making Fielding available for transfer, Derby are duty-bound to pay-up the remainder of his contract should he negotiate a move to another club.
Fielding's agent is trying to negotiate a deal which would see the Rams cancel the goalkeeper's contract, enabling him to leave the Championship club as a free agent and join City. But the two parties are still haggling and talks look set to continue for the next few days at least.
O'Driscoll is prepared to wait if it means landing his preferred choice on a free transfer and he is eagerly awaiting the outcome of discussions between Derby officials and Fielding's agent.
City's head coach has a long list of goalkeeper targets, including former Derby stopper Adam Legzdins and Tranmere's Owain Fon Williams, who is out of contract at Prenton Park and yet to agree a new deal.
But he will only move for them if and when it becomes apparent Fielding is unable to negotiate his release from Pride Park.
O'Driscoll has made no secret of his desire to sign two goalkeepers after the departures of Heaton and Dean Gerken, who was released at the end of last season.
With that in mind, he and director of football Keith Burt have invited a number of young goalkeepers to train with City on a trial basis. Two are scheduled to arrive next Monday, with another two joining up with the squad the following week.

Read more: http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Frank-Fielding-Sean-O-Driscoll-s-number/story-19394099-detail/story.html#ixzz2XIY667Bk
Follow us: @thisisbristol on Twitter | thisisbristol on Facebook

Where have you seen this? I must of missed it

:)

Exactly, I don't think Scholes had an agent,

There is no loyalty either way in football so in my opinion a player has every right to have an agent looking out for their best interests, some players will not feel comfortable sitting in front of a board of directors and demand 100k a week so may think a % of their wages to get the deal they want is well worth the money.

If a player wants to leave a club he will instruct the agent to start making discreet enquires as to who will want him, he can't exactly do this himself can he?

Heard an interview with SAF once where he claimed that Scholes didn't even read the contract, just signed it and got on with it

That's real trust, I guess if you're a one club man then you have that

Seen on one of the links that James Bailey is available on a free, wasn't he highly rated at one point?

Was working 5 minutes ago - Was a profile on Fielding with a bit at the beginning saying he was due at AG today for a Medical.

The link you have provided is a better one tbh with more detail about the deal.

I went to view the AG plans this morning and I saw him going in the players entrance.I asked him if the deal had been sorted but I don't think he heard as he said nothing ( I was about 300m away thou !! ) I would have taken a picture but just as I got my mobile out a big seagull swooped down and snatched it , what a bugger !

Archived