IGNORED

Next Area?

Clarky89

So then, two new centre backs signed and a young central midfielder, albeit a tough ball winner type and it appears with the imminent signing of Frankie Fielding we have a decent GK on our hands, but where do we need to strengthen next?!? I know we need a second choice keeper, but put that aside for now . . .

Personally I'd love to see a ball player come in. A bit of technique, bit of class. Someone that can sit in the midfield and make us tick, bridge the gap between our strikers and ball winners.

I should point out, this is with our current squad- Adomah, Davies et all.

So then, two new centre backs signed and a young central midfielder, albeit a tough ball winner type and it appears with the imminent signing of Frankie Fielding we have a decent GK on our hands, but where do we need to strengthen next?!? I know we need a second choice keeper, but put that aside for now . . .

Personally I'd love to see a ball player come in. A bit of technique, bit of class. Someone that can sit in the midfield and make us tick, bridge the gap between our strikers and ball winners.

I should point out, this is with our current squad- Adomah, Davies et all.

Still need, if Fielding signs.

Back up GK

Back up RB

Creative midfielder

Then I think we would have all area's nicely covered.

In an ideal world:

Attacking or Goalscoring central midfielder who can play in a four man midfield if required.

Winger/Wide midfielder (not Jan Molby)

Physical/Powerful Striker.

Young GK and RB for backup

Try and offload Pearson, Foster, Kilkenny.

Isn't Anderson, Adomah, Bryan enough?

Physical striker, we have Taylor

We need someone in that Hartley role. Someone to ping balls to all corners of the pitch... Could we tempt becks/scholes out of retirement to sit in the midfield? :laugh:

Or Tins?

Personally I think we will play Wynter / Killkenny deep & we will build gradually from the back. For me I think we need a midfielder to run beyond strikers or arrive late in the box but as we know we will need too be someone on before we can even contemplate bringing someone in

Firstly we need one keeper, the second back up isnt as vital because Castanheira can sit on bench for a few games

If Albert goes, we'd definitely need to replace him, Anderson could move over to the right, but is Bryan goin to be good enough on the left?

I have high hopes for Bobby Reid this season, hopefully he can be the midfielder we've needed for years, but again, is he going to be good enough?

Believe defence & Attack are both covered with our current squad, if foster goes, James Wilson & Carey can both play at right back, also Wynter can as well.

IMO City are bringing in the "right" players, in this I mean young lads with desire, passion and what looks like some quality ( if you believe what you read on here about these new players ).

League 1 games is going to be more about who's got the most desire to win, rather than quality, the quality side is more suited to the championship IMO which as we all know we were well off the mark.

By bringing in these type of players hopefully they're desire and the flashes of quality we've got up top will make for a good season.

Then, when we do go up, this or next season... I feel we will be in a better position to sustain championship football.

That is all, carry on

Also we need to get rid of the likes of Killkenny, Pearson, Fontaine who I believe have lost the passion of being a Pro footballer and more importantly to be successful, not sure if this is down to their age attitude or what, time for them to slip down the leagues and into obscurity as footballers, close the door behind you ****ys

Just an idea for CM, Nicky Bailey?

Released by Boro, although his goalscoring record there wasn't the best, had a pretty decent on at Charlton and Southend. 1 in 4 roughly.

Too old now I think.

Until we shift players on then I am afraid the creative midfielder we want this season will be Killa. Far from ideal I know.

Too old now I think.

Until we shift players on then I am afraid the creative midfielder we want this season will be Killa. Far from ideal I know.

29. So should be at his peak.

Killa isn't a creative midfielder, Pearson surely would be classed as more creative?

29. So should be at his peak.

Killa isn't a creative midfielder, Pearson surely would be classed as more creative?

I know but it won't fit the new criteria.

I agree fella, Killa is not creative at all, nor is Pearson, but until we shift them we will have to make do. I think SoD likes Killa so will try get him to be the creative one and get more from him.

We need a quality winger, Someone like James Baxendale from Walsall. Adomah will go, Matter of time really, Anderson can move to the right or stay left but we do need someone else like Adomah in the team. Of course SOD might opt to play a 4-2-3-1 and wingers may not be that important. Who knows. We'll get a better idea in pre season of what our team formation will be. Next on the list would be a creative Midfielder.

Not sure why people are saying the attack is covered. Baldock,Davies,Taylor and Burns is not enough. Stead needs to be replaced we saw what happended last season when he got injured.

In this day and age when one striker is the preferred choice you don't need any more than four strikers . . .

Creative Midfielder IMO. Something we've been lacking for a while. Lets hope our current signings all turn good.

Who could be this 'creative midfielder' so many chirp about wanting?

Realistically, is there one to be had anywhere below top half of the Championship?

In this day and age when one striker is the preferred choice you don't need any more than four strikers . . .

Well Davies certainly can't play up front on his own. Baldock has shown nothing since he has been here and Taylor and Burns are unproven. Also they have missed plenty of games through injury.

As long as shite like Fontaine, Nyatanga, Elliott, & Kilkenny are still here, we will struggle at times.

Carey is also past it.

Need at least one keeper, two central defender, creative midfielder, a replacement for Albert, and possibly a striker in case we lose Davies/Baldock (unlikely, but possible..)

As long as shite like Fontaine, Nyatanga, Elliott, & Kilkenny are still here, we will struggle at times.

Carey is also past it.

Need at least one keeper, two central defender, creative midfielder, a replacement for Albert, and possibly a striker in case we lose Davies/Baldock (unlikely, but possible..)

Deffo need 1 keeper seeing as we haven't got any!!

Just signed 2 CB's, agree on creative midfielder, Albert or the strikers haven't gone yet so no point replacing them!

Archived