IGNORED

Carey Signs 1Yr Deal

westonred

Carey's been a great servant, but to me (like last season) this is a waste of money. Be interesting to find out in the fullness of time whether this is what SOD wanted or evidence that the board are still sticking their oar in.

What kind of money do you suspect he is on? I'd suspect he's at the stage now where he is all but playing for free just to stay at the club. If you were set for life, and 3 games off the app record for the club you've spent all of your career bar 6 months at, would you play for £1 a week because you love the game. I would.

I know it wont be £1, obviously not, but he wont be on any kind of money really

What kind of money do you suspect he is on? I'd suspect he's at the stage now where he is all but playing for free just to stay at the club. If you were set for life, and 3 games off the app record for the club you've spent all of your career bar 6 months at, would you play for £1 a week because you love the game. I would.

I know it wont be £1, obviously not, but he wont be on any kind of money really

Pay as you play deal, so possibly around 3-4 k per match I guess?

Is that definite?

The possibility of pay as you play was mentioned on here once as a possibility before the beginning of last season by a forum member and seemingly regurgitated so often since that it's gradually been accepted by many as fact.

It's not fact at all as far as I'm aware, and it's certainly not what I've heard.

I guess I'm going against the grain here, but I would like to see how Bristol City does without him. I like this clean sweep the defence has got. I know he won't feature much, granted he did well when he was called on last season, at least as good as most of the others anyway. His fitness is a concern, but if he is happy to be back up then I suppose at least it's the devil you know.

I trust SoD's judgement, but I do wonder what Carey will do when he eventually leaves us. I reckon he needs the club more than we need him and so he must be delighted he has another years security.

The possibility of pay as you play was mentioned on here once as a possibility before the beginning of last season by a forum member and seemingly regurgitated so often since that it's gradually been accepted by many as fact.

It's not fact at all as far as I'm aware, and it's certainly not what I've heard.

I tend to agree mate. I reckon he's probably on £50K per year if what I've heard is right. Nice work if you can get it.

I guess I'm going against the grain here, but I would like to see how Bristol City does without him. I like this clean sweep the defence has got. I know he won't feature much, granted he did well when he was called on last season, at least as good as most of the others anyway. His fitness is a concern, but if he is happy to be back up then I suppose at least it's the devil you know.

I trust SoD's judgement, but I do wonder what Carey will do when he eventually leaves us. I reckon he needs the club more than we need him and so he must be delighted he has another years security.

Still our best centre half by a country mile ( not saying much i know....) if we could have had a couple like him at the back instead of pinky and perky all bloody season i don't think we would be looking at Bradford first up.

Still our best centre half by a country mile ( not saying much i know....) if we could have had a couple like him at the back instead of pinky and perky all bloody season i don't think we would be looking at Bradford first up.

You've seen Williams and Flint play then?

Considering all the uproar over ffp I dont see how people are overly happy with this. Fair enough he is nearing the record but his injury record has slowly been getting worse season by season. He didnt overly contribute last season and I see no evidence that he will be available to make much of a difference this one either. We have been banging on about changing the mentality of the club and seem to have been going in the right direction. If Carey had received a better offer elsewhere he would have taken it and gone just like every other footballer generally does. Consider how long he has played for the club and then work out if he really is going to be on a pittance this season??

Considering all the uproar over ffp I dont see how people are overly happy with this. Fair enough he is nearing the record but his injury record has slowly been getting worse season by season. He didnt overly contribute last season and I see no evidence that he will be available to make much of a difference this one either. We have been banging on about changing the mentality of the club and seem to have been going in the right direction. If Carey had received a better offer elsewhere he would have taken it and gone just like every other footballer generally does. Consider how long he has played for the club and then work out if he really is going to be on a pittance this season??

If its pay as you play, only really effects us when we actually want to play him?

Archived