IGNORED

Carey Signs 1Yr Deal

westonred

Considering all the uproar over ffp I dont see how people are overly happy with this. Fair enough he is nearing the record but his injury record has slowly been getting worse season by season. He didnt overly contribute last season and I see no evidence that he will be available to make much of a difference this one either. We have been banging on about changing the mentality of the club and seem to have been going in the right direction. If Carey had received a better offer elsewhere he would have taken it and gone just like every other footballer generally does. Consider how long he has played for the club and then work out if he really is going to be on a pittance this season??

I'd say it makes even more sense when you consider the SMCP rules. Who else could we get with the experience and ability of Louis at the minimal cost he will represent?

The simple answer is nobody and he will act as an important member of our squad in and out of the dressing room

Judging on your grammar, you were! He's right mate. He's on nothing unless he plays. You must know very little about contracts in football.

I don't know much about contracts in football but pay as you play (maybe Carey on 2.5k for this) seems less likely than a 1k per week contract. In my mind that is.

Judging on your grammar, you were! He's right mate. He's on nothing unless he plays. You must know very little about contracts in football.

Of course he is, so if he is injured all season he gets nothing right?? Are you an agent by any chance or someone who deals with professional footballers contracts? If not, I guess you know as much as me then.

Plus it's an internet forum, who really cares about grammar and punctuation. The main purpose of the forum is to get your opinion across. Only sad people pick up on this.

I'd say it makes even more sense when you consider the SMCP rules. Who else could we get with the experience and ability of Louis at the minimal cost he will represent?

The simple answer is nobody and he will act as an important member of our squad in and out of the dressing room

Well its all speculative isn't it?? If he plays a fair few games we would have got our money's worth. If not then whatever amount we will pay Carey, could have been used better elsewhere. Reason I say this is, I don't for 1 minute believe that he will receive nothing in payment if he doesn't play!

I can assume you're his accountant then?

Amazing how many people seem to know so much private information.

City, like a colander.

Why would you assume that? I've not stated anything as fact, just something I'd heard from a personal friend of Carey.

You've seen Williams and Flint play then?

No , None of us have mate unless you've been watching Swindon or Villa reserves... they haven't played for City yet.... keep up...

.....to re-iterate ; IMO Louis Carey ,until Flint or Williams proves otherwise, is still our best centre half and if we had had a couple more like him last season ( and no i dont mean mostly injured with a dodgy mustache.. :clapping: ) then we may not have been relegated.

Archived