IGNORED

Albert Bid Rejected

Super

Dear oh dear, how many errors in that article?

Maynard was allowed to talk to Leicester but he didn't want to do and his eventual fee was a lot more than £1.25m.

The article is written (like so many others) talking down the value of our players, does anyone believe that Peterborough papers say, do the same?

Dear oh dear, how many errors in that article?

Maynard was allowed to talk to Leicester but he didn't want to do and his eventual fee was a lot more than £1.25m.

The article is written (like so many others) talking down the value of our players, does anyone believe that Peterborough papers say, do the same?

As I understand it, Maynard told the club he had no interest in going to Leicester, which made it possible for the club to turn down the offer and publicly take the "we don't sell our best players" line.

As I understand it, Maynard told the club he had no interest in going to Leicester, which made it possible for the club to turn down the offer and publicly take the "we don't sell our best players" line.

Fair enough, common knowledge that the fee was £1.9m though.

Wigan's bid is reported here as over £1m with add ins, how different would an article headlined "clubs line up for million pound man Adomah" feel in tone, though?

Fair enough, common knowledge that the fee was £1.9m though.

Wigan's bid is reported here as over £1m with add ins, how different would an article headlined "clubs line up for million pound man Adomah" feel in tone, though?

Absolutely, just another reason to despise the evil post sports department. It's a pity they seem to suck up so many non Bristolian failed journalists. Surely we produce a few ourselves?

Just for a second, stop being a know it all and, imagine if you have no idea who either are.

Doh, the fact he clearly had a Ipswich kit on and in the article it CLEARY states it's a swap deal involving said player, I guess it's pretty obvious to anyone who actually read the article.

Absolutely, just another reason to despise the evil post sports department. It's a pity they seem to suck up so many non Bristolian failed journalists. Surely we produce a few ourselves?

Yeah, I'm sure there are plenty of Bristolian failed journalists :-)

maybe Wigan?!

You'd have thought so with this article running at the same time. I don't think Albert would want to go there; they're not exactly the favourites to bounce straight back up. Could easily do a Wolves. I don't think Wigan will reach the top flight for a long, long time.

It's got to be one of Wigan, Cardiff or Palace.

Cardiff unlikely due to Ince, Wigan likely due to this article, Palace likely due to needing a Zaha replacement.

Could even be Fulham; they were looking at Wolves' Sako but Wolves seem stubborn and don't want to let him go.

Damn cheek from Whelan.

If 850k. plus minimal add ons is the best they can come up with and they will look elsewhere if it's rejected, then stop wasting our time and get on with looking elsewhere.

'Final offer and not willing to pay over the odds' is nothing but an Insult to club and player.

City don't have to sell, if clubs want Albert they must match OUR valuation and this derisory offer is surely nothing near it.

Hollowhead take note as well.

If they up it to the million with a few add-ons and the obligatory sell on clause the club will accept..not withstanding that Albert agrees to go to Wigan.i would personally take a million and spend a portion of it on a centre midfield playmaker...With the defence seemingly! Sorted I feel this is where we most need to do business.

If they up it to the million with a few add-ons and the obligatory sell on clause the club will accept..not withstanding that Albert agrees to go to Wigan.i would personally take a million and spend a portion of it on a centre midfield playmaker...With the defence seemingly! Sorted I feel this is where we most need to do business.

agreed. maybe a replacement for albert as well.

He's off, we all know that

Wigan aren't just going to write us a cheque for £2m, we all know that

Plenty of time for this to play out - hold out for the best deal possible, wish Albert all the best and crack on (unless he signs for H*lloway)

Archived