IGNORED

Albert Bid Rejected

Super

What's mad is the comparison in price of Tyrone Barnett and adomah. Peterborough are about to sell Barnett for over 1mill and he's scored 5 in 31 as a striker! Adomah is four times the players and people are saying they'd be happy to take 1 mill. It's madness. We should be getting a healthy sum of money if we sold adomah.

Yes but its mainly to do with contract length. Barnett signed a 4 year deal last summer so has 3 years left, Albert has a year to go. Peterborough paid £1.1 million for Barnett so will want to recoup that

Really makes no sense what so ever.

Hopefully it will change now with Burt and Sod

its not a case of us just accepting lower bids CA, there are a lot of factors that come into transfer,

Contract length, selling teams finances, player actuall wanting to move,

Take Maynard if he wasn't so set on playing in the prem(hahaha) we would of got 6.5 million for him from Leicester,

John Percy @John__Percy3m

Albert Adomah has handed in a transfer request at #bcfc. Wigan have had at least 2 bids rejected so far

One of the most reliable journos on twitter... Broke all the SOD news and Burt, have asked him to cinfrim as it conflicts with what Ali Durden said earlier

Slightly random for Albert to hand in a request, we all knew he was going anyway, including himself. My bet is it's his agents work.

Still I'd accept nothing less than £1,5M. Both parties would then be pleased and then it's a case of goodbye and good luck Albert.

John Percy @John__Percy3m

Albert Adomah has handed in a transfer request at #bcfc. Wigan have had at least 2 bids rejected so far

One of the most reliable journos on twitter... Broke all the SOD news and Burt, have asked him to cinfrim as it conflicts with what Ali Durden said earlier

Ali durden anyday mate, he's been spot on with everything this season

If it's right we turned down £1.5m from Palace for Albert in January that's looking a bit silly now. Peterborough get top value for their players because they sell them when there is still value in the contract for the selling club. The problem is the best time to sell your best players for the most money is normally when they are performing well and supporters would probably be angry about seeing them sold. Takes a brave board to do that.

Looks like it is going to happen but hasn't yet. Looks like Mr Percy has been talking to Albert's agent.

@alidurdenBBC

The facts are Albert Adomah has not handed in a transfer request, however I understand his agent has suggested he is going to in next 24 hrs

we all know he's going thats by the by the fact is I dislike players who hand in a transfer request for me that spits in the face of fans who support the players,

If albert leaves on our terms without handing in a transfer request I don't mind that but if he forces the issue then my feelings about him change and he is just another greedy disloyal player in a long line of them,

we all know he's going thats by the by the fact is I dislike players who hand in a transfer request for me that spits in the face of fans who support the players,

If albert leaves on our terms without handing in a transfer request I don't mind that but if he forces the issue then my feelings about him change and he is just another greedy disloyal player in a long line of them,

He is not getting played

We do not know what has gone on

Albert is a nice man

So what happened to Lansdown sorting out Alberts future after ACON like he said back in Jan?

Who said he didnt? Albert leaving this summer could of been the outcome of those talks.

Could it not be that Albert being the nice guy he is knows he will be leaving very soon and has decided to save the club a few quid by putting in a transfer request when he didnt really need to?

Not sure you've got that right Mendip City. Transfer requests mean sweet FA in game now, except to help an agent publicise that his client wants away and hopefully drum up a bit more interest in them. Certainly doesn't mean the club has to sell, or accept lower offer or any of those things. The player is still under contract to the club, any deal away from the club, transfer request or not, is negotiated under the same terms. We will get for Albert what someone is willing to pay, nothing more nothing less. A transfer request won't make any difference to the number the club will already have in their heads as an acceptable bid.

The point is that if a player asks for a move he club do not have to pay up his contract, bonuses etc. So if we accept an offer of, say, £250k less than we value him but don't have to pay Albert, say, £500k to settle his contract we are actually better off and would have to pass lesson to Barnet.

He is not getting played

We do not know what has gone on

Albert is a nice man

that may be but I hate players who hand in transfer requests its disloyal, players sign a contract for a reason and shouldn't be able to force a clubs hand like that,

Its important to me whether he's handed one in or not as it will dictate my feelings towards him in the future,

because we overhype ours when they aren't actually that good

I really don't get all of this AA hype. Is it because he cracks jokes in interviews? Don't get me wrong, he is a good championship player, but he is WAY off Prem standard. I'd accept £1.3m plus sell on (just in case) and be done with it.

Who said he didnt? Albert leaving this summer could of been the outcome of those talks.

Could it not be that Albert being the nice guy he is knows he will be leaving very soon and has decided to save the club a few quid by putting in a transfer request when he didnt really need to?

as I elluded to in my last post its about loyalty to me, equally we should be loyal to him by honouring his contract and bonus payments,

as I elluded to in my last post its about loyalty to me, equally we should be loyal to him by honouring his contract and bonus payments,

I understand the circumstances your implying and would agree with you if this was the case. I dont belive it is, i think both club and player want a transfer to happen and Albert sticking in a transfer request only sweetens any deal for BCFC.....if anything he is doing us a favor.

I understand the circumstances your implying and would agree with you if this was the case. I dont belive it is, i think both club and player want a transfer to happen and Albert sticking in a transfer request only sweetens any deal for BCFC.....if anything he is doing us a favor.

So was Maynard doing us a favour then?

no he's not, he already knows if a bid comes in that meets our valuation we will accept it, if he's handed one in he's trying to force the clubs hand

Totally different set of circumstances as you well know.

Of course, I was being facetious, however, if it does turn out that he has handed in a transfer request, not for one second do I believe he has done if for our benefit, he has done it to force / hurry up a deal. Simple as that.

Archived