IGNORED

Albert Bid Rejected

Super

Who are they exactly??

Didn't realise there was a they, only us or human beings maybe?

They, as in not me i.e. anyone

What did you think I meant, or are you trying to insinuate I meant a certain colour or Race? If so get a bloody life!

Take a look a the dictionary and look what they means, I am sure it will say something like "People in general"

god posts like this really do my headd in, PC to the worst degree

I never believe any of those accounts claiming to be agents.

Neither do I, I only looked at the account due to the previous person mentioning his account, and noticed the Kilkenny thing. Tbh, I think city fans are 50/50 on Kilkenny - and I am still undecided.

So not reliable at all then.

Nopeeee! Doesn't seem right.

There is nothing that sums up the glory of the Internet in the modern age more than a group of (almost exclusively) white males telling black and Asian people what words they should and shouldn't be offended by

It's not the black and Asian people who are taking offence - it's the PC language censors who are almost universally white middle class.

It's not the black and Asian people who are taking offence - it's the PC language censors who are almost universally white middle class.

Apart from Unbelieveable Jeff who I'm surmising is black from the phrasing of his post. He's been told not to be offended by the term coloured

Apart from Unbelieveable Jeff who I'm surmising is black from the phrasing of his post. He's been told not to be offended by the term coloured

Going by jeff's reply, it looks very much like you are feeling offended for him chip. Truth is you have no idea if a lot of the people on here are black, white, red, gree,n blue or coloured! It is the individual who may find a non offensive word offensive. And I will state again, that is their problem. If some one added a truly offensive word before or after the words black, white, coloured, red, blue, yellow etc etc then you have a point. Otherwise it is getting offended for offendeds sake.

Going by jeff's reply, it looks very much like you are feeling offended for him chip. Truth is you have no idea if a lot of the people on here are black, white, red, gree,n blue or coloured! It is the individual who may find a non offensive word offensive. And I will state again, that is their problem. If some one added a truly offensive word before or after the words black, white, coloured, red, blue, yellow etc etc then you have a point. Otherwise it is getting offended for offendeds sake.

I'm not offended by it, nor do I necessarily feel that people should be offended by the use of said word, I just find it quite amusing that one person can inform another person of what they should and should not be offended by

I'm not offended by it, nor do I necessarily feel that people should be offended by the use of said word, I just find it quite amusing that one person can inform another person of what they should and should not be offended by

I have just re-read what jeff wrote, and i have to say when i replied to him, I did not notice the bit where he said "me", intimating he was Black or Asian. So what I wrote there wasn't intended to tell him what he should or shouldn't be offended by, so yep I'll hold my hands up, what I wrote directed to Jeff may have come across as appearing to be preaching to him what he should or shouldn't be offended by. That wasn't the intention of my post. I still stand by what I say. But I now get what you thought I was saying now I have actually noticed the word "Me" in his post.

Black in, Black out, Coloured in, Coloured Out, Black in ... jesz wish these PC people would make their friggin minds up. Infact, I'm coming to the conclusion the PC brigade keep changing the rules just so they can feel superior to the rest of us .... the ultimate prejudice.

Meanwhile I'm well happy to be a Brit ... despite the PC lot not allowing use of Country abbreviations as that offends them as well. Get a life and start addressing real issues like global over population ... although that probably doesn't 'fit' with their distorted left wing view of the world.

Anyhow, I'll miss Albert more for his personality than what he can do on the pitch. His interviews are worth at least £2million of anyone's money.

I have just re-read what jeff wrote, and i have to say when i replied to him, I did not notice the bit where he said "me", intimating he was Black or Asian. So what I wrote there wasn't intended to tell him what he should or shouldn't be offended by, so yep I'll hold my hands up, what I wrote directed to Jeff may have come across as appearing to be preaching to him what he should or shouldn't be offended by. That wasn't the intention of my post. I still stand by what I say. But I now get what you thought I was saying now I have actually noticed the word "Me" in his post.

To be fair to you, Jeff wrote back and said he was offended. I wasn't attempting to get offended on someone elses behalf, I just find it strange when people (and that would be on both sides of the coin in this argument) tell people how they should feel about a word or phrase or what they should be offended by. At the end of the day, if someone is offended by the use of a word in a particular context, thats down to them. I don't think people should be offended by the word 'black' or 'coloured', but then again neither of those words could be used to describe me so who am I to judge?!

Incidentally, it does highlight one of the great things about internet forums; unless your avatar is a pic of yourself, no one here has a clue whether your black, White, short, tall, thin, fat, bald or hirsute. It's a great leveller

Anyway, I hope Albert gets a move to the Premier League and we get decent money for him, but I have a feeling he'll end up at Wigan and we'll feel short-changed

All gone very quiet on Albert -perhaps he may stay after all -we can only hope so

I share your hope but with six in and only two out I fear we may have already committed (or at least be close to committing) Albert's wages and some of his transfer fee in other directions.

I share your hope but with six in and only two out I fear we may have already committed (or at least be close to committing) Albert's wages and some of his transfer fee in other directions.

11 have left the club not 2

Departure Mark Wilson 75k.pngUnknown free transfer Lewin Nyatanga 515k.pngUnemployed - Ricky Foster 515k.pngUnemployed - Tom Heaton 1132k.pngBurnley free transfer Lewis Carey 75k.pngUnknown free transfer Matthew Bates 75k.pngUnknown free transfer Brian Howard 75k.pngUnknown free transfer Dean Gerken 75k.pngUnknown free transfer Jon Stead 1110k.pngHuddersfield free transfer Cole Skuse 677k.pngIpswich free transfer Paul Anderson

I was holding out a very faint hope that Albert would stay, naivety but who can blame someone for dreaming for the best!? Sadly, after watching the interview with JL last week, he practically confirmed Albert will be leaving shortly, albeit not saying this was the case directly.

I was holding out a very faint hope that Albert would stay, naivety but who can blame someone for dreaming for the best!? Sadly, after watching the interview with JL last week, he practically confirmed Albert will be leaving shortly, albeit not saying this was the case directly.

I think they want to sell him. Not very often we get news on the OS about rejecting bids. Sounds like they are trying the usual tricks to drum up a bit of business. Nothing would please them more than a bidding war.

We have to sell him he's one of our only sellable assests who could go for free next summer. However much we all love AA and wish him to stay we need to get rid of him now.

While there are 5 or 6 clubs reportedly interested Swansea, Cardiff, Reading, Palace, Wigan, Middlesboro all clubs with money to chuck around we ought to be ringing these clubs to say he's available at the right price and get a bidding war going.I'm sure we could squeeze £1.5 to £2m out of someone :fingerscrossed:

Archived