IGNORED

Albert Bid Rejected

Super

no he's not, he already knows if a bid comes in that meets our valuation we will accept it, if he's handed one in he's trying to force the clubs hand

Or.....the club have had an offer in of say £1m, which they think is a few 100k short of their estimation. Albert says club X would interest him, the club say they would like a few more quid before they accept, Albert says ok, heres a transfer request, dont pay me my final years salarly, lets get the deal done.

It might save us a few quid though.

Albert is a nice guy but he's like everyone else in that he needs to look after No.1.

We want to sell him, and he wants to go. We need to sell him before deadline day or risk getting very little. So it's better for all concerned if it happens sooner rather than later. More time for SO'D to use the £s too.

Or.....the club have had an offer in of say £1m, which they think is a few 100k short of their estimation. Albert says club X would interest him, the club say they would like a few more quid before they accept, Albert says ok, heres a transfer request, dont pay me my final years salarly, lets get the deal done.

spot on

Of course, I was being facetious, however, if it does turn out that he has handed in a transfer request, not for one second do I believe he has done if for our benefit, he has done it to force / hurry up a deal. Simple as that.

A deal that both club and player want to happen? What's so bad in that?

I understand the circumstances your implying and would agree with you if this was the case. I dont belive it is, i think both club and player want a transfer to happen and Albert sticking in a transfer request only sweetens any deal for BCFC.....if anything he is doing us a favor.

How will it sweeten any deal? If anything it does the opposite as other clubs will know we won't want to keep a player who doesn't want to be here.

It will however speed a deal up.

A deal that both club and player want to happen? What's so bad in that?

Because its just pure speculation that this is what is happening. Someone has dreamt this up to make Albert look like mr nice guy. He won't need to hand in a transfer request to save us paying up his contract / bonuses!! They would just write a contract up waivering it if they wanted to push a transfer through. They certainly wouldn't be going through the media handing in transfer requests.

I know Albert is a lot of peoples favourite player and refuse to look at him in anything but a good light, but come on. "IF" he has handed in a transfer request, it will be to push a deal through or force Bristol City to sell. I'm 100% not buying this "handing in a transfer request to help Bristol City out" rubbish.

do you think rooney is doing man u a favour by handing in a transfer request or Benteke with villa?

No i dont, they are trying to engineer a move. I think its fair to say we all expected Albert to move this summer. The club have eluded to this and even posted stories on the OS saying we have rejected bids. They want to cash in on him and he wants to move. Totally different to the typical scenario that your impying with Rooney and Benteke.

No i dont, they are trying to engineer a move. I think its fair to say we all expected Albert to move this summer. The club have eluded to this and even posted stories on the OS saying we have rejected bids. They want to cash in on him and he wants to move. Totally different to the typical scenario that your impying with Rooney and Benteke.

yes but handing in the request is trying to force the clubs hand and us not getting the valuation we have placed on the player,

Because its just pure speculation that this is what is happening. Someone has dream't this up to make Albert look like mr nice guy. He won't need to hand in a transfer request to save us paying up his contract / bonuses!! They would just write a contract up waivering it if they wanted to push a transfer through.

I know Albert is a lot of peoples favourite player and refuse to look at him in anything but a good light, but come on. "IF" he has handed in a transfer request, it will be to push a deal through or force Bristol City to sell. I'm 100% not buying this "handing in a transfer request to help Bristol City out" rubbish.

Isn't it all?!

My point is that if a club are looking to sell a player without going as far as transfer listing him, the player handing in a transfer request will save the club money if he is going anyway. I just don't get how it paints him in a negative light given the situation.

Or simply, Wigan have put in a bid that isn't to Bristol Citys valuation and Albert has pushed in a transfer request to force our hand. Wigan have said we will pay you a bigger signing on fee if you save us some cash on your price!! Maybe thats whats happening? The facts are, we simply don't know.

yes but handing in the request is trying to force the clubs hand and us not getting the valuation we have placed on the player,

I think we have reached the agree to disagree point on this one Monkeh!

See what happens tomorrow if the tweets are true.

The potential rev from promotion is a lot more than what we get for Albert, with that in mind and considering we dont really need the money I say bids of 5m, he would destroy league 1

Just becuase we are league 1 does not devalue the player, he international, if he were at PSG or Milan or any Prem side his value would be worth shitloads more.

Joke bids of 1-2m should be laughed at and rejected

The potential rev from promotion is a lot more than what we get for Albert, with that in mind and considering we dont really need the money I say bids of 5m, he would destroy league 1

Just becuase we are league 1 does not devalue the player, he international, if he were at PSG or Milan or any Prem side his value would be worth shitloads more.

Are you kidding me? Albert is not worth anywhere near £2m!!! Even £1.5 would be at the top end. Realistically Albert is worth £1m to £1.2m

Or simply, Wigan have put in a bid that isn't to Bristol Citys valuation and Albert has pushed in a transfer request to force our hand. Wigan have said we will pay you a bigger signing on fee if you save us some cash on your price!! Maybe thats whats happening? The facts are, we simply don't know.

I think we can agree that submitting a transfer request would suggest he is trying to engineer a move. I just happen to believe in this case it would please all parties involved, as opposed to the typical scenario of a club not wanting to loose a player, and that player doing everything possible to get his move.

He would have to be picked first!

I think we can agree that submitting a transfer request would suggest he is trying to engineer a move. I just happen to believe in this case it would please all parties involved, as opposed to the typical scenario of a club not wanting to loose a player, and that player doing everything possible to get his move.

Thats fair enough. I'm guessing, ultimately, we will never know. What I do know is that our squad will be weaker without him.

Are you kidding me? Albert is not worth anywhere near £2m!!! Even £1.5 would be at the top end. Realistically Albert is worth £1m to £1.2m

I'm just not interested in selling him simple as that, so bounding round figures is moot, hes not for sale and and wants to stay afaic.

I hate monetary values attached to players these days, it devalues them as a person imo, hes not a piece of meat, hes our Albert!

We desperately need a cap on wages and transfer fee in England, I mean, its just stupid and turns me off football. Footballers to be paid a fair wage aye, but the Russian and Arab oil money is destroying the game, its about football, not money.

Its just important to me as I hate players who try to force a move regardless of contract situation,

He would have to be picked first!

Picked by the gaffer to play or picked by another manager to try to buy?

I really Think SOD would have him in the starting 11, if not then fine, sell him and see if I care... :blink: Take a million for him, that seems to be the figure we sell our best strikers for erry season, why change that now

Picked by the gaffer to play or picked by another manager to try to buy?

I really Think SOD would have him in the starting 11, if not then fine, sell him and see if I care... :blink: Take a million for him, that seems to be the figure we sell our best strikers for erry season, why change that now

Picked by Sod, Sod only used him last season towards the end.

Now he has players he has brought in.

Archived