IGNORED

On Paper We Should Go Up In 1St Or 2Nd

Robin 101

To be fair the poster did say 'On Paper' and can that be argued??

Goalie - Fielding could play for teams in championship

Defence - 2 great full backs in Maloney and Cunningham, 2 top youths in Williams/Flint and experience with Fontaine/Nyatanga

Midfield - Adomah (currently) good enough for Championship, glimpses of talent from Kelly, chuck in potential of JET/Wynter/Reid and experience of Kilkenny/Pearson

Attack - Davies and Baldock is a potentially a brilliant partnership.....

Lots of 'If and Buts' but I dont see much wrong with the posters views with that in mind......

To be fair the poster did say 'On Paper' and can that be argued??

Goalie - Fielding could play for teams in championship

Defence - 2 great full backs in Maloney and Cunningham, 2 top youths in Williams/Flint and experience with Fontaine/Nyatanga

Midfield - Adomah (currently) good enough for Championship, glimpses of talent from Kelly, chuck in potential of JET/Wynter/Reid and experience of Kilkenny/Pearson

Attack - Davies and Baldock is a potentially a brilliant partnership.....

Lots of 'If and Buts' but I dont see much wrong with the posters views with that in mind......

we keep posting things like this then we are setting ourselfs up for a big fall just like the "barcalona" of league two

Im realistic enough to be happy personally with top half finish, a squad being regenerated with youth coming through and watching attractive football this year....

But I can see where some fans would believe on paper that the squad is more than capable of being near the top, bearing in mind this is largely the same squad that alot would have agreed with good enough for midtable in the Championship.... that said i do expect (and hope in some cases) that alot do still come in and out the door at Ashton Gate so that paper will look very different Aug

Sorry but you can't claim anyone to be a 'top youth' until you've seen them play.

This aint FM.

No but perhaps people have watched other players from other teams...... you dont need a computer to have a brain and see what 'potential' players have. Im not claiming to know much about Williams however, but someone that did make a premier league appearance last year and was offered a contract at respectable Prem club like Villa must have something there..... its just whether potential can be put into actual talent/form

Ridiculous opening post, we wonder why other clubs around here think we are arrogant.

Be interested to know what Yeovil fans were posting last summer, we can easily get promoted above Sheffield U?

Don't think so.

Ridiculous opening post, we wonder why other clubs around here think we are arrogant.

Be interested to know what Yeovil fans were posting last summer, we can easily get promoted above Sheffield U?

Don't think so.

I DONT THINK WE WILL

I just said on paper we are one of the top teams if you look in the other thread I said we would finish 5th

Definetly got a squad shaping up to be one of the best in lg1but we should walk it makes it sound like everyone else is shite.the play off games were of a poor standard but most teams will see us as one of the big boys and up their game against us.the standard generally might be shite but teams will still be hard to break down .

not sure why everyone is getting upset - promotion is obviously the goal this year, anything below 6th would be an abject failure - we still have a team full of championship players

But those championship players weren't championship quality, hence the 24th placed finish. Can anyone tell me about the quality of MK Dons this year? Or Coventry? Not many I expect, so how can we claim to be the 2nd best team when we really have no idea!

No but perhaps people have watched other players from other teams...... you dont need a computer to have a brain and see what 'potential' players have. Im not claiming to know much about Williams however, but someone that did make a premier league appearance last year and was offered a contract at respectable Prem club like Villa must have something there..... its just whether potential can be put into actual talent/form

I'm pretty sure Matthew Briggs made a Premier League appearance last season too...

Maybe I'm being unfair on the OP and he knows League One really well but I'm guessing most of us don't actually know how good the other teams in the division are or indeed how good played like Williams and Wynter are. We're one of the big names of the division and, obviously teams that have just been relegated tend to be fancied to go up but I genuinely don't know enough about the division or our new signings to know whether or not we should be considered favourites and I'd be surprised if many other posters do yet either...

Nicky hunt made over 100 prem appearances

We may (or may not for that matter) have a team of individual World beaters, but nobody knows a) How they'll play together, and b) What style SO'D is going to employ - it may be that the players still won't get him and his ideas ! We need to see them in action for the first ten games at least before forming an opinion.

I will probably get some stick for this but the only team that is better than us in my opinion is wolves and IF SOD can bring the team together we should walk it

I'm not going to give you stick because I was an optimist before our last 9 year stint in L1 when we were touted as 'promotion contenders' almost every season however I will say that if you're expecting to walk the League, you may get an unpleasant shock when we dont start turning over teams like Crawley 9-0.

Don't know if you remember last time we were in this league? Took us years and we had a team full of talent back then, with the likes of peacock, murray, Mathews, lita, Roberts, goodfellow, tinnion, tommy d etc. Even with all those we couldn't make it out of the division and the standard was probably not as good back then, yes we have a decent squad on paper, but we thought that last season and look what happened.

I will probably get some stick for this but the only team that is better than us in my opinion is wolves and IF SOD can bring the team together we should walk it

Good for you.

I'm bored of being realistic and depressed, so I'm jumping on your bandwagon!

I also believe that we will finish top 2 and and until it's a physical impossibility, I'll stick with it!

Peterborough pretty well equipped to go back up I reckon, they're more used to the drop and know what is required.

I actually think Wolves will struggle and finish 10th or so this season. The weight of expectation is against them.

Archived