IGNORED

On Paper We Should Go Up In 1St Or 2Nd

Robin 101

I will probably get some stick for this but the only team that is better than us in my opinion is wolves and IF SOD can bring the team together we should walk it

No stick from me, and it's good to see some optimism.

I believe we'll finish in the top six then choke the play offs!

I will probably get some stick for this but the only team that is better than us in my opinion is wolves and IF SOD can bring the team together we should walk it

With all due respect a rather pointless thread; if we all posted our opinions solely on the subject of our final league position each in a new thread, like you, the forum would collapse under the boredom of it all.

Post a new thread that is mildly more meaningful.

I'm going to go further, if we land JET the squad will be capable of winning a National cup competition. After our 1909 defeat it would be great to get the FA Cup to Ashton Gate.

No matter what you say on this forum you will get told your wrong. Simple fact is so far it looks promising but we will have to see what happens. Lets just be positive and fingers crossed we will have a good season.

I think you could be in for a shock mate. We still have most of the same old duffers (Pearson, Kilkenny, Fontaine etc) who let us down last year, will probably lose arguably our best player in Albert, and so far have only added 3-4 players we've never seen play. Maybe they'll turn out to be great, maybe they won't. Either way, SOD will be working with more or less the same squad he failed to motivate last year. I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but I urge anyone not to get too excited.

I think you could be in for a shock mate. We still have most of the same old duffers (Pearson, Kilkenny, Fontaine etc) who let us down last year, will probably lose arguably our best player in Albert, and so far have only added 3-4 players we've never seen play. Maybe they'll turn out to be great, maybe they won't. Either way, SOD will be working with more or less the same squad he failed to motivate last year. I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but I urge anyone not to get too excited.

I think its less about motivation and more about having a winning mentality. You put winners in your team and you don't need to 'motivate' them - just organise them properly and give them clear instructions. Sadly the players you mention are not winners. I hope that is what we've been recruiting, and have coming through the ranks. It will probably take a couple or three seasons, but when we go up again we will hopefully be in the position to bring through a quality player or two each year.

Personally more positive than you mate -think we have a good squad for this division and think we will finish in the top 6 based on the quality of the teams in it.

To say finishing tenth in league 1 would be a fantastic achievement with the caliber of players that we possess is a ridiculous statement.

a lot of those 'caliber of players' relegated us? with a complete mix around in our back 5, it will take time to gel. If we finish between 10th and 14th it'll be a very good season, 15th and 17th will be a good season. Anything above 10th and i'd take right now without playing a game. I think you might be over rating a lot of our players, where was davies last game of season? watching derby, that's how interested he was. Baldock cannot score to save his life, where else will the goals come from? I think you'll have a big shock come september when we are lying around 14th.

a lot of those 'caliber of players' relegated us? with a complete mix around in our back 5, it will take time to gel. If we finish between 10th and 14th it'll be a very good season, 15th and 17th will be a good season. Anything above 10th and i'd take right now without playing a game. I think you might be over rating a lot of our players, where was davies last game of season? watching derby, that's how interested he was. Baldock cannot score to save his life, where else will the goals come from? I think you'll have a big shock come september when we are lying around 14th.

Unbelieveable!!!

we will soon see. i watched 35 games last season, the only ones were p'boro home, cardiff home, palace home, watford home, boro home, forest home, where we actually played well. i'm guessing the 11 away games i missed weren't much better either considering we lost easily. even wins away at wednesday, boro, and p'boro were not convincing, both wednesday and boro were luck, followed by a very poor game against p'boro. This is the same bunch of players, the players which haven't won an away game since december the 8th, yes, those players? haven't won since the 9th of march, they are the ones.

However, i do think the defence will be an improvement obviously with new signings, but you can't really not improve on last season in that department can you?

Can i ask, when Wolves came down don't you think they were saying the same? kept the majority of players and thought 'they are far too good and we'll walk it' bullshit, look what happened to them with the 'same players as the year before' however, we will see.

?...will eat humble pie if your correct but don't think your very likely to be..dreaming would be more accurate!..

Archived